Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FILM MUSIC THING  (Read 4301 times)

Ginny

Re: THE FILM MUSIC THING
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2017, 05:45:55 AM »

DR Ginny and I had originally planned an outing for today that unfortunately fell through, and I think I will spend the day instead doing very little.

Oops, we were posting at the same time!

I'm not in much of a mood for running about in the rain, DR Ginny!  Any ideas?

I have some desk work to do this morning and Richard has a chiropractor appointment.  Maybe something this afternoon?

How do you feel about a short trip to Oxford?  I've got something I wouldn't mind picking up at the library.

That's fine.  What time do you want to go?

What's your earliest free time?

Noon?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2017, 05:51:25 AM »

I'll be ready!  Noon is great.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 05:53:17 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2017, 05:55:59 AM »

Good morning, all.

Ginny

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2017, 05:58:53 AM »

I'll be ready!  Noon is great.

See you then!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2017, 05:59:49 AM »

Back from the gynecologist.

Well, let me clarify that, if I may.  Back from Kristi's gynecologist, where, thirteen days following the big surgery, she's been given the all clear on everything, including taking hot baths, rolling over in bed, driving, returning to work, anything she feels like doing as long as she's careful lifting small weights for a while longer.  Doc said it's the fastest recovery she's ever seen.  They just have to keep a close eye on those fibroids, and they'll laser the others as required.  This one became a monster and, left unchecked, would probably have eaten Manhattan next.

ChasSmith

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2017, 06:00:30 AM »

Fine traveling vibes for DR Elmore!

ChasSmith

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2017, 06:02:22 AM »

Speaking of traveling, when do vixmom's next excellent adventures begin?  Or have they already begun?

ChasSmith

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2017, 06:46:29 AM »

I'd guess my all time favorite family outings were road trips, especially the long ones (Ohio to NYC or Florida, Florida to the northeast and midwest, etc.).  I'm trying to remember what else in our life in Columbus in the 1950s would have constituted family outings.  Simple picnics here and there.  Ohio state fair.  In Florida in the 1960s, drive-in movies, and roadshow movies for which we had to drive to Miami.  Miniature golf.  Long Sunday drives.  I'd bring maps and give my dad directions to streets and places I wanted to see. 

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2017, 07:20:42 AM »

Vibes for JRAND.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2017, 07:20:59 AM »

Travel vibes for Elmore.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2017, 07:30:36 AM »

AAACK!  I've done about 90 minutes of executor work and I'm ready to get ready to go play with DR Elmore.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2017, 08:04:44 AM »

T.O.D.

I, honestly, can't recall any "favorite family outings".

From the late 1940s through most of the 1950s, we did spend 3 summer months at our home in Soap Lake, WA.

For a kid, it was rather boring, but on the plus side, Soap Lake did supply the background for my first novel (NOBODY DROWNS IN MINERAL LAKE) and my stage play, THE SUMMER FOLK.

https://www.amazon.com/Summer-Folk-Play-Two-Acts/dp/1492139106/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1377624323&sr=1-1&keywords=the+summer+folk+play

You can dream…or you can do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2017, 08:07:58 AM »

AAACK!  I've done about 90 minutes of executor work and I'm ready to get ready to go play with DR Elmore.

Come on over!  I'm all set.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2017, 08:08:57 AM »

Well, let me clarify that, if I may.  Back from Kristi's gynecologist, where, thirteen days following the big surgery, she's been given the all clear on everything, including taking hot baths, rolling over in bed, driving, returning to work, anything she feels like doing as long as she's careful lifting small weights for a while longer.  Doc said it's the fastest recovery she's ever seen.  They just have to keep a close eye on those fibroids, and they'll laser the others as required.  This one became a monster and, left unchecked, would probably have eaten Manhattan next.

Good news!

John G.

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2017, 09:38:07 AM »

TOD

We never had regular things that we did. But I remember going to Cavehill Cemetery for a few outings. It was a beautiful spot with ducks in the pond.

It's where Mom and Dad eventually bought their burial lots. We went there on my recent visit. Though we only stayed in the burial area this time, it remains a tranquil and lovely area, with the exception of the Col. Harlen Sanders memorial. Very tacky.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2017, 09:39:01 AM »

Good news!

And more vibes for Kristi.
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2017, 09:57:08 AM »

Congrats, BK, on your successful Film Music Thing!

Ditto!

Jane

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2017, 09:57:54 AM »

And the word of the day is: BICAMERAL!

Is that a camera that doesn't quite shoot straight?

That made me laugh!

Me too :)

Jane

« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2017, 10:31:30 AM »

All this footage of Irma raging in the Caribbean has me worried as well about DR Denise and other Florida friends.

DR Michael it appears you are in the first wave on the Florida coast.  Are you prepared?

As of now DR Danise appears to be in the last wave.

Jane

« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2017, 10:32:00 AM »

MAJOR VIBES IRMA DECIDED TO GO OUT TO SEA AND MISS ALL LAND EVERYWHERE!

Jane

« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2017, 10:52:07 AM »

I had to take a break from watching the news on the fire that is dropping ash on us.  " The Eagle Creek Fire raging in the Columbia River Gorge exploded Monday night, forcing hundreds out of their homes, closing down a major portion of Interstate 84, and threatening an Oregon treasure: Multnomah Falls." 

The Bridge of the Gods is closed.  This is the beautiful area we drove through on Saturday and have been taking our company to see.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2017, 11:26:04 AM »

Travel vibes for DR ELMORE.....

They were right.....I was done about 2:30 p.m.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2017, 11:26:26 AM »

Thanks to all for the vibes.

Good news from DR CHAS SMITH about Kristi.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2017, 11:30:02 AM »

SAFE & EASY TRAVEL VIBES FOR DR ELMORE!

John G.

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2017, 11:47:00 AM »

I had to take a break from watching the news on the fire that is dropping ash on us.  " The Eagle Creek Fire raging in the Columbia River Gorge exploded Monday night, forcing hundreds out of their homes, closing down a major portion of Interstate 84, and threatening an Oregon treasure: Multnomah Falls." 

The Bridge of the Gods is closed.  This is the beautiful area we drove through on Saturday and have been taking our company to see.

Fire stoppage vibes.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2017, 11:58:37 AM »

My friend Hillary is in Key Largo right now preparing for evacuation. A few HHW vibes for her would be appreciated.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2017, 12:17:06 PM »

Off to the second chemo infusion.  Thanks to all for the vibes....all told it will be about 1:30 p.m. when I get home.....approx.  Time will tell.
They were right.....I was done about 2:30 p.m.

~~~Continued Recovery Vibes for Jrand!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2017, 12:17:31 PM »

Well, it's a wet day in SW Ohio, and tomorrow a wet day in both Middletown and Manhattan.  I could use some good vibes to insure my getting back to NYC in one piece.

~~~Travel Vibes for Larry!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2017, 12:18:55 PM »

Great news about Kristi, ChasSmith!

George

« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2017, 12:19:52 PM »

And since we're so close...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up