Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL  (Read 4696 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2017, 09:16:47 AM »

Snickers Caramel Apple Salad. It is a dessert.

https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/snickers-caramel-apple-salad/

Thank goodness it is a dessert, still I don't want any of it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2017, 09:39:58 AM »

I decided to make a trip to the 68th Street post office since I detest my local one so much.  Now that I'm home, I have no plans.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2017, 10:18:04 AM »

Good morning.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2017, 10:18:26 AM »

I went hiking today up my mountain -- first time in a long time. I need to ice my foot now.

Laura

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2017, 10:19:13 AM »

Elmore, I stopped at the pet store where they have rescue kittens. There were two adorable gray tabbies rubbing up against the window, and a tux doing the same. I had to leave.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 04:25:38 PM by Laura »

Jane

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2017, 10:39:01 AM »

Vibes your foot feels better by this afternoon.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2017, 10:59:39 AM »

thank you DR GINNY and MR BK.....in fact I think they did call it a visitation, I didn't see the notice in the newspaper....the memorial talk is this afternoon.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2017, 11:00:15 AM »

Congrats to MR BK on the review and congrats to DR GEORGE on the review of his play -- it sounds fascinating....if you have GOOD actresses....which you obviously do.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Laura

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2017, 11:00:59 AM »

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law (DH's brother and his wife) are in Orlando, awaiting their shelter volunteer assignment. Because they are better  than I am.

Jane

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2017, 11:06:59 AM »

Wow DR Laura.  Good for them but do they rescue and foster kittens?  They are just different, not better :)

KevinH

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2017, 11:15:46 AM »

Good afternoon!

KevinH

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2017, 11:17:26 AM »

It's a beautiful day in Northern Virginia--70 degrees and partly sunny skies. And best of all:  low humidity!

KevinH

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2017, 11:17:38 AM »

Condolences to JRand and family.

KevinH

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2017, 11:18:38 AM »

That was a nice article, DR FJL!  I'm glad to hear your parents are in a safe place.

Jennifer

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2017, 11:20:53 AM »

DR George,  CONGRATULATIONS on the results of your blood tests.  Keep up the good work.

Such good news!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2017, 11:44:59 AM »

Elmore, I stopped at the pet store where they have rescue kittens. There were too adorable gray tabbies rubbing up against the window, and a tux doing the same. I had to leave.

You should have taken them all home with you.  I'm afraid that's what I will do!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2017, 12:56:23 PM »

It's a beautiful day in Northern Virginia--70 degrees and partly sunny skies. And best of all:  low humidity!

It is probably lower than ours, so odd ;D

Danise

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2017, 01:41:59 PM »

Hi all.  Just wanted to let you know that as of now I am doing ok.  I am as prepared as I can be, I have a propane generator , 2 tanks, several cases of water and a water bob for the bathtub that I will fill tomorrow morning.  I have a hand crank radio and flashlights so I won't run out of power for them.  Toby has lots of can food and treats.  I have his tag and a new name tab with my name and phone number on it.  If you go to Facebook you can see that I put covers over the windows.  I don't know if they will hold or not but I think it will be better then tape. I did the best job I could.  There was no way I could lift plywood even if I could have found it.  I'm making ice right now and will be doing as much laundry as possible so I have mostly clean clothes.  They say the power will be going out and will be out for maybe 5 days or longer so I don't know when I'll be able to post or get a message out that Toby and I are ok.  I'm sure the cell towers will go down as well as the wi-fi.  Vibes and prayers are welcome.  God willing Toby and I will come though this like we have all of life's hurricanes--we've sure had our share of them but if not, for whatever reason, know I love you all.  Also know I have the most important thing for this hurricane--my lotto tickets, I'll be damned if I was going to let my numbers come up after 29 years and miss them because of a little wind and rain.  Hugs!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2017, 01:47:28 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2017, 01:50:25 PM »

Hi all.  Just wanted to let you know that as of now I am doing ok.  I am as prepared as I can be, I have a propane generator , 2 tanks, several cases of water and a water bob for the bathtub that I will fill tomorrow morning.  I have a hand crank radio and flashlights so I won't run out of power for them.  Toby has lots of can food and treats.  I have his tag and a new name tab with my name and phone number on it.  If you go to Facebook you can see that I put covers over the windows.  I don't know if they will hold or not but I think it will be better then tape. I did the best job I could.  There was no way I could lift plywood even if I could have found it.  I'm making ice right now and will be doing as much laundry as possible so I have mostly clean clothes.  They say the power will be going out and will be out for maybe 5 days or longer so I don't know when I'll be able to post or get a message out that Toby and I are ok.  I'm sure the cell towers will go down as well as the wi-fi.  Vibes and prayers are welcome.  God willing Toby and I will come though this like we have all of life's hurricanes--we've sure had our share of them but if not, for whatever reason, know I love you all.  Also know I have the most important thing for this hurricane--my lotto tickets, I'll be damned if I was going to let my numbers come up after 29 years and miss them because of a little wind and rain.  Hugs!

~~~Super Vibes of All Kinds for Danise and Toby!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2017, 01:52:15 PM »

DR George,  CONGRATULATIONS on the results of your blood tests.  Keep up the good work.

Thanks, Jane!

George

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2017, 01:53:15 PM »

Congrats to MR BK on the review and congrats to DR GEORGE on the review of his play -- it sounds fascinating....if you have GOOD actresses....which you obviously do.

Thanks, Jrand!  They are good actresses.

George

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2017, 01:54:51 PM »

Such good news!

Thanks, Jennifer!

George

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2017, 01:57:25 PM »

Snickers Caramel Apple Salad. It is a dessert.

https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/snickers-caramel-apple-salad/

Oh, my!  It looks good, but I don't know about chunks of apple and Snickers together.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2017, 02:00:28 PM »

I bought the ingredients for the salad.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2017, 02:00:50 PM »

Mega vibes for DR Danise and Toby.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2017, 02:07:57 PM »

I had an omelet and a bagel, did a few things, and am now home and not going anywhere.  Did some more garage stuff, too. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2017, 02:16:09 PM »

When Sony/BMG released their inexpensive Ormandy Conducts Sibelius set I naturally got it, as I wanted to hear the 70s RCA recordings, which I didn't care for at ALL - performances were okay but not great and sound was so sub-Columbia that it was hard to get past it.  But they also included all his Columbia stereo stuff, and that sounded as splendid as always although I have other performances that I like better.  But for some wacky reason what they didn't include were his mono Sibelius recordings from the early 1950s.  Since they included symphonies four and five I was most irritated as I really wanted to hear them because the only time he recorded the fifth in stereo was in the 70s for RCA and I really don't like it.  But some company overseas did a vinyl transfer of the two Ormandy mono Sibelius albums - the two symphonies and then two tone poems, The Swan of Tuolena and Finlandia.  So, I got that and I just heard it and the fourth symphony is fantastic, and the fifth is a stunner - maybe, musically, my favorite version ever now.  Yes, it's mono so it doesn't sound as enveloping as the stereo versions I have, but it's good mono (one can only imagine what the tapes sound like if the vinyl transfer is this decent), and the engineering is superb.  So happy with this and am about to listen all over again.  I'm also lending a period comic book to the Lost in Yonkers production so that it looks like it should.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 04:29:51 PM by bk »

George

« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2017, 02:45:41 PM »

Well...

George

« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2017, 02:46:04 PM »

...since we're here, let's have ourselves a...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up