Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE GARAGE ADVENTURE BEGINS  (Read 4868 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: THE GARAGE ADVENTURE BEGINS
« Reply #150 on: September 23, 2017, 10:09:49 PM »

I thought I might have had the pleasure of chatting with TCB or George... Oh well
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #151 on: September 23, 2017, 10:09:58 PM »

Love and vibes to all
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #152 on: September 23, 2017, 10:37:39 PM »

I have lots of things to scan and share - I found unbelievable stuff, including a telegram from dear reader Jeanne sent to me in March of 1965 as I was opening The Unsinkable Molly Brown at Bluth Brothers Theatre.  How's THAT for being a packrat?

8)

Jane

« Reply #153 on: September 23, 2017, 10:38:20 PM »

I have lots of things to scan and share - I found unbelievable stuff, including a telegram from dear reader Jeanne sent to me in March of 1965 as I was opening The Unsinkable Molly Brown at Bluth Brothers Theatre.  How's THAT for being a packrat?

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

You MUST keep that!!

😄

Jane

« Reply #154 on: September 23, 2017, 10:40:22 PM »

Larry's doing major housecleaning, BK is doing major tossing. Today I did one of the mini projects that I'd hoped Pablo could do, but he didn't have time: I tackled the shower grout. It kept bugging me to look at it, so today I did it. I can only do a little at a time these days. It looks so much better! 

We need to regrout our shower.  It is not a fun job.  It must be more annoying when the landlord should be doing it, not you.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 10:44:49 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #155 on: September 23, 2017, 10:43:27 PM »

I realize that is just a drop in the bucket to the likes  of Jane and Keith who have been married since preschool   

:)

;D

Jane

« Reply #156 on: September 23, 2017, 10:44:31 PM »

We stayed in one of those champagne tower suites...some may say it was cheesy or hokey.  But there is a lot to be said for a secluded suite in the Pocono mountains  in October when fall foliage is at its best and your suite has a fireplace, double shower with built in seats that converts to a steam room, a huge whirlpool tub overlooking the livingroom, a private heated pool, sauna and massage table and a king size circular bed and they deliver breakfast to your door

Nice and the Poconos are lovely.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: September 23, 2017, 11:49:49 PM »

Good evening.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #158 on: September 23, 2017, 11:52:09 PM »

Cat adoption vibes for DR Elmore.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #159 on: September 24, 2017, 12:00:09 AM »

Well, I'm home and can only assume that the find raising gala at the Washington Centervfor the Performing Arts was a success.  I didn't count the money.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #160 on: September 24, 2017, 12:04:22 AM »

It was very well attended!  They had a raised floor covering the orchestra level seats that was at the same level as the actual stage.  All the tables were on that expanded stage.  I had no idea that they could do that!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #161 on: September 24, 2017, 12:05:04 AM »

That's so cool, BK!

George

« Reply #162 on: September 24, 2017, 12:05:44 AM »

I don't actually "toss" books. I donate them to one of the local libraries for their book sales. It's easier to get rid of them; they're going on to a new home.

I was just going to ask about that! :D

George

« Reply #163 on: September 24, 2017, 12:06:09 AM »

Here's a question for you, Bruce:

If Bluth Bros theatre were still around today, what, if anything, would you do differently? Do you feel that there's the quality of talent today--along with the work ethic--to do what Don and Fred Bluth did?

I do feel that and have been trying to it for over a decade.  But it costs money, one needs a space - I had all the right ideas and one person specifically who saw the original prospectus ripped it off wholesale save for the one thing that actually made it work - he took HIS version of MY plan into the toilet within a year and stiffed hundreds of people.

That's terrible!

George

« Reply #164 on: September 24, 2017, 12:07:08 AM »

Ray was 88 years old and has been one of the ushers at the 9 am service every Sunday for probably the last 50 years ...although he had been fighting cancer he was still there every Sunday, in fact he was there the last Sunday I was at church before we wNt on vacation , Labor weekend...

Vixmom, my condolences to you, and to his lady friend. :(

George

« Reply #165 on: September 24, 2017, 12:07:17 AM »

Back from a nice second performance, which comes with a nice story.

(I know I'm interrupting vixmom's story with this story, so I'll just put it here for your reading pleasure and show myself out.)

An older couple was talking with people afterward.  Turned out it's their 50th wedding anniversary (I don't know if they meant today, exactly).  It's the show's 50th anniversary.  It's the theater's 50th anniversary.  Anyway, they went to NYC on their honeymoon and saw the show with Mary Martin and Robert Preston, and that experience stayed with them through the years.  This year the wife did a little digging to find out who would be mounting I Do! I Do!  She chose ours and somehow got her husband up here from North Carolina on some pretext -- and wasn't he surprised when they walked into a little theater tonight and saw their honeymoon show for the first time since.

That's so sweet!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up