Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I DREAMSICLE OF THE CREAMSICLE  (Read 6126 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: I DREAMSICLE OF THE CREAMSICLE
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2017, 09:51:24 AM »

Three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2017, 10:19:52 AM »

The laundry is finished and I am doing nothing for the remainder of the day.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2017, 10:20:33 AM »

Absolutely nothing!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2017, 10:29:24 AM »

Had a 90-minute deep-tissue massage this morning. Too chill to move now.

Relax the day away.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2017, 10:29:52 AM »

Ditto to DR elmore.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2017, 11:01:34 AM »

DR Ginny, today is the 25th anniversary of the death of our friend Howard Philips.  He was 41, a talented singer and actor, and he died far too young.

That's very sad. :(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2017, 11:02:13 AM »

It's a slow morning, with a good number of people taking a day off for Yom Kippur today, probably because it falls on Friday night to  Saturday.

Atone before it's too late!

THE TIME IS NIGH!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2017, 11:03:42 AM »

(I hope that it's not offensive to make a The Brain From Planet X reference.)

George

« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2017, 11:03:50 AM »

Re: Indiegogo....as BK knows, I'm not averse to investing.  However, I have not bought a vehicle in more than 24 years and now find I'm likely going to need to procure a pickup truck.  New is better than used, and pickups are seldom "used" if they are worth having.  So...am treading lightly financially until I know what I'll be getting.

Good luck, Ron!

George

« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2017, 11:11:19 AM »

Larry, did you do any shows with Howard Philips?

Yes.
Rodgers & Hart
The Fantasticks
Trial By Jury

I thought he might play play Captain Macheath in The Beggar's Opera, but he was busy.  He did come to every performance of the opera.

Nice picture, Larry.

George

« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2017, 11:11:43 AM »

Tonight I'm meeting my friend Rebecca at the Fairfield Community Arts Center for the Footlighters' production of VANITIES.  She and I saw this play together at Cincinnati's Showboat Majestic in 1977.  One of the cast members was a College Conservatory of Music student named Faith Prince.  She was the UC commencement speaker when Rob graduated.

That's so cool!  I remember seeing the TV version on HBO with Meredith Baxter, Shelley Hack and Annette O'Toole.  I mostly (only) remember the line about combining the colors of "hot pink and LIME GREEN" (and not in a good way).  I forget the context, though. ::)

;)

George

« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2017, 11:11:54 AM »

The laundry is finished and I am doing nothing for the remainder of the day.

Good for you!  Enjoy your doing nothing!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2017, 11:30:22 AM »

Back from the morning meeting, which was mostly assigning roles in Levi and consolidating the character list. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2017, 11:30:37 AM »

We need some damn Indiegogo action.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2017, 01:29:15 PM »

No mail, no packages.  At three we rehearse Yacko, then the rest o' the day is mine all mine.

George

« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2017, 01:39:55 PM »

Topic of the Day:  I'm listening to the full cast audio production of Harlan Ellison's original version of Star Trek's The City on the Edge of Forever.  It's really interesting to hear about the history of the piece, how it developed and changed, who made changes (with and without permission), the lies and truths told over the years about it all, and the affection that so many people have for the final broadcast version even as different as (and Harlan says NOT as good as) it is from his original version.  Some of the narrators are Harlan Ellison himself, D.C. Fontana, David Gerrold, Orson Scott Card, LeVar Burton, John Rubenstein, and Jean Smart, among many others. :)

FJL

« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2017, 01:49:01 PM »

Breaking News:  John G is very close to a posting millstone.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2017, 02:11:59 PM »

DR Ron why do you need a pickup truck vs a car or SUV?

Because we are very rural.  In order to accommodate our needs, there is always a need to transport more than a car trunk will hold.  And the norm is that more than one person is going to be with you on supply rooms...and room is precious.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2017, 02:12:50 PM »

Lunch today at Juniper's in Ridge Spring SC.   Shrimp and grits, iced tea and a slice of caramel cake for dessert!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2017, 02:14:00 PM »

Tomorrow, we will have a two-hour drive to Taylors SC at midday for a 4:30 p.m. wedding of a cousin.  After that, we will be fed and then we have a two-hour ride home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2017, 02:32:08 PM »

Just gleefully blocked another ASS on Facebook.  I posted saying I needed an Asian actress for Levi as well as a white male.  Some idiot came after me for not SPECIFYING exactly what KIND of Asian, like I was a racist or something.  I told him the character was Chinese.  He then implied I should only cast a Chinese rather than any old Asian.  I told him he was barking up the wrong tree and five seconds from being blocked.  He then lectured me about Orientalism whatever the hell that is.  I told him I didn't need the lecturing and to go have his Facebook outrage elsewhere.  I then took a gander at his page - Mr. Causes (and not Asian, BTW) - every cause under the sun, like a billboard.  What a bore.  I responded, asking if it meant I couldn't  cast a non-Jew as a Jew or vice versa, if I couldn't cast a Black as a white if I felt like being diverse, if I couldn't cast a white American as a white Frenchman - which is what he was telling me basically, and then I told him I was the guy who put Asians, Blacks, Russians in Dogpatch USA just because I could.  I left it up long enough for him to see it and then I took all his comments off the board and blocked him for good.  This is the sorry world we live in now. You can't say anything, you can't do anything without some butt wipe piping up to tell you how awful you're being.  This word is out, this other word is in, catch phrases for everything now, that change daily.  Phooey is what I say.

John G.

« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2017, 03:23:06 PM »

Just watched Gerald's Game on Netflix. The Stephen King novel was both scary and laughable. The movie is not laughable and Carla Gugino is the best thing about the movie.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2017, 03:46:41 PM »

Topic of the Day (addendum #1):

Three CDs that arrived a couple of days ago:  the 1972 original London cast recording of I and Albert, score by Charles Strouse and Lee Adams; the 1981 original London cast (principal members) recording of Thomas and the King, with a score by John Williams (yes, the Star Wars composer) and James Harbert; and the 2013 concert recording of Six Wives, with a score by Edward Thomas and Joe Masteroff.  Jay Records was having a sale that if you bought any two of these CDs, you'd get the third for free!  I did, and I did! :D

George

« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2017, 03:47:01 PM »

Topic of the Day (addendum #2): 

Two CDs that just arrived today:  Patti LuPone's new, live recording, Don't Monkey With Broadway; and the new off-Broadway cast recording to Kid Victory, with a score by John Kander and Greg Pierce.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2017, 03:52:57 PM »

I am also having a relaxing me day....

DR RLP I believe that it is a good time of the year to purchase a pickup truck.....and you might look into different leasing arrangements which are sometimes more economical....and you are not stuck with a two or three year old vehicle to sell at the end of the time.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2017, 03:55:43 PM »

Page three?  Really?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2017, 03:56:32 PM »

Finished with the Yacko rehearsal.  He's doing Puttin' on the Ritz a la schizo - playing both parts, and I came up with some musical stuff that's really fun - should work really well.

John G.

« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2017, 04:00:23 PM »

Topic of the Day (addendum #1):

Three CDs that arrived a couple of days ago:  the 1972 original London cast recording of I and Albert, score by Charles Strouse and Lee Adams; the 1981 original London cast (principal members) recording of Thomas and the King, with a score by John Williams (yes, the Star Wars composer) and James Harbert; and the 2013 concert recording of Six Wives, with a score by Edward Thomas and Joe Masteroff.  Jay Records was having a sale that if you bought any two of these CDs, you'd get the third for free!  I did, and I did! :D

But I already had I and Albert.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2017, 04:27:25 PM »

Let's Up that post count
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2017, 04:27:43 PM »

And let's move on
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up