Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HOLIDAY THAT DIDN'T FEEL LIKE A HOLIDAY  (Read 2341 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: THE HOLIDAY THAT DIDN'T FEEL LIKE A HOLIDAY
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2017, 06:53:38 AM »

She's back to the window.  As soon as the sun rises, she's waiting for birds and pedestrians.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2017, 06:54:10 AM »

!!  Page 2 Dance  !!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2017, 07:41:55 AM »

Val stopped by to see Annabelle, they played a bit of "track the fishie," and then she abandoned him to return to her window watching.

Ginny

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2017, 08:01:07 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  I have an appointment today with an attorney to help me with what little Mom had left.  Don't want to make any missteps disentangling from Medicaid...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

KevinH

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2017, 08:01:11 AM »

Good morning!

KevinH

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2017, 08:02:08 AM »

Greetings from Amtrak NE Regional Train 95.  Just left Newark.

Ginny

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2017, 08:02:13 AM »

She's back to the window.  As soon as the sun rises, she's waiting for birds and pedestrians.

Rob calls that "Kitty TV."  Their cat, Allie, loves the wide sills on our picture windows, especially when the one in the kitchen is sunny.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Amy

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2017, 08:31:17 AM »

TOD:
I very much like the songs I've heard on the radio, which are "Bad Romance", "Poker Face", and "Born This Way". But I guess I haven't liked them enough to buy a whole album.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2017, 10:06:45 AM »

Been catching up a bit on the California fires, which are just hideous. 

I could hardly believe the Santa Rosa fires.  One of my best friends lives there, and I'd been thinking that they're out in a regular flat neighborhood in the middle of town, away from hills and trees, they're safe.  Nope.  They're just blocks from the whole Coffey Park neighborhood that got destroyed.  Their house was spared, but some around them burned.  Horrible.

I was relieved a friend in Santa Rosa was able to return home last night.  She is not complaining that she doesn't have power.

Vibes to your friends.

I am watching for news from people I know in So. California who also had to evacuate.

Jane

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2017, 10:15:47 AM »

DR George, I loved the photo!  I'm happy you and Neve are bonding and even happier that she's not complaining about the litter box location.  Until Annabelle decided she was content with the location of hers, I worried that she was going under the bed, in one of the closets.

I've been usign these two sites a lot for any questions I have:
http://www.petmd.com/cat/slideshows/8-things-you-should-never-do-your-cat?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMedia&utm_campaign=petMD_NeverDoToCat_06082017

https://www.cathealth.com

Good suggestions.  People don't realize a fall from a counter, or anything low, is dangerous.  It is not true cats always land on their feet, especially from a lower drop.  They need time to right their bodies before landing.  We once had a kitten with a broken leg when it fell.

My decision to use flea products on my indoor cats depended where I lived.  Never ever use Hartz or Sergeants products, they kill cats.  I can't believe the products are still around, and still causing harm.  We almost lost a cat 47 years ago to a flea collar and the vet then informed us to not use either brand.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2017, 10:16:02 AM »

DR George, I loved the photo!  I'm happy you and Neve are bonding and even happier that she's not complaining about the litter box location.  Until Annabelle decided she was content with the location of hers, I worried that she was going under the bed, in one of the closets.

I've been usign these two sites a lot for any questions I have:
http://www.petmd.com/cat/slideshows/8-things-you-should-never-do-your-cat?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMedia&utm_campaign=petMD_NeverDoToCat_06082017

https://www.cathealth.com

Thanks, Larry.  According to that list, I'm doing pretty good. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2017, 10:16:10 AM »

TCB, make a few copies of the key. Keep one in your car and a couple others at your house.

Excellent idea.

George

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2017, 10:16:24 AM »

Although, I've never heard about brushing your cat's teeth before. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2017, 10:17:30 AM »

Really?

Jane

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2017, 10:18:52 AM »

Knowing it is a good idea to brush your cat's teeth and accomplishing the deed.....  ;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2017, 10:20:26 AM »

Annabelle and I have not moved to that ordeal yet, but Feline Greenies makes a treat for dental care and Annabelle loves them. 
https://www.amazon.com/GREENIES-Tempting-Ingredients-Vitamins-Nutrients/dp/B0176EO97M/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1507655988&sr=8-5&keywords=feline+greenies

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2017, 10:23:24 AM »

The Greenies are also available in a poultry flavor, which we need to try, and in this variety pack:
https://www.amazon.com/Greenies-Feline-Dental-Treat-Bundle/dp/B01LNC0SI2/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1507655988&sr=8-6&keywords=feline+greenies

Jane

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2017, 10:58:16 AM »

Regarding Greenies, please use them sparingly.  We briefly used them for our dogs and decided to stop.  I suggest doing research on the product.  You will find pros and cons on the subject.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2017, 11:12:01 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  A little under eight hours of sleep.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2017, 11:12:41 AM »

Marketing herself is a strong point for Lady Gaga, absolutely.

ChasSmith

« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2017, 11:21:59 AM »

Regarding Greenies, please use them sparingly.  We briefly used them for our dogs and decided to stop.  I suggest doing research on the product.  You will find pros and cons on the subject.

I think it's a good idea to give ANY treats sparingly.  Most of them are, after all, candy/junk food for cats and dogs.  I should do my own research, as well, but I've pretty well convinced everyone here to at least make them an occasional thing, and to hand them out in moderation even at those times.

ChasSmith

« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2017, 11:29:29 AM »

There are also decent dry foods aimed at dental care.  Depends on the animal, of course, but for cats like ours whose primary diet is canned food but they really like dry food as well, that dry food works beautifully as treats.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2017, 12:22:31 PM »

Key vibes for DR TCB.

Rainy here today - we delivered the table and chairs which fit perfectly in the new apartment.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2017, 01:08:30 PM »

I need a nap.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2017, 01:08:52 PM »

It doesn’t look good at work to do that.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2017, 01:09:37 PM »

I know. I shouldn’t worry about appearances.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2017, 01:20:22 PM »

This morning, Annabelle discovered there's a world outside my apartment. She made it past me into the hallway, but  I was able to grab her before she took off on an expedition.

I'm planning on eventually letting her out into my very little back yard.  It's totally enclosed, she can't get under the bottom of the fence, and she's too old and the fence is too high for her to climb up and over.  I figure as long as I let her out when I'm home, she'll be fine out there. :)

George

« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2017, 01:24:28 PM »

Annabelle and I have not moved to that ordeal yet, but Feline Greenies makes a treat for dental care and Annabelle loves them. 
https://www.amazon.com/GREENIES-Tempting-Ingredients-Vitamins-Nutrients/dp/B0176EO97M/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1507655988&sr=8-5&keywords=feline+greenies
The Greenies are also available in a poultry flavor, which we need to try, and in this variety pack:
https://www.amazon.com/Greenies-Feline-Dental-Treat-Bundle/dp/B01LNC0SI2/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1507655988&sr=8-6&keywords=feline+greenies

I put these in a cart, but my niece said that Neve's teeth might be sensitive, so I'll have to get more information from her and about these.

George

« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2017, 01:24:52 PM »

I think it's a good idea to give ANY treats sparingly.  Most of them are, after all, candy/junk food for cats and dogs.  I should do my own research, as well, but I've pretty well convinced everyone here to at least make them an occasional thing, and to hand them out in moderation even at those times.

Thanks for the suggestion, ChasSmith and Jane.

George

« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2017, 01:25:17 PM »

I need a nap.
It doesn’t look good at work to do that.

Here at work, we used to have a janitor who had a cot in our storage area (which is no longer used for storage), and right at 5:00 pm each day, he'd go back there and take a nap.  He eventually retired and took the cot with him. ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up