Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BITS OF TID  (Read 4130 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: BITS OF TID
« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2017, 08:39:16 PM »

Five!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #121 on: October 14, 2017, 08:45:55 PM »

I'm back.  This morning, I got up and auditioned for Olympia Family Theater's new production of Cinder Edna.  I ran the sound board for their first production five years ago.  That was the first time that I had run a sound board with microphones and there were problems that I couldn't fix, so it'll be nice to not have to worry about that...if I get cast. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #122 on: October 14, 2017, 08:54:09 PM »

The show, however, doesn't actually go up until next April or May.  It turns out that the music director will be in Hawaii for several months, so they wanted to get the auditions out of the way.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2017, 08:55:58 PM »

After the audition, I got a check co-signed.  It's a reimbursement check for someone in the supervisor's union at work.  I'm the treasurer, but we have to have two signatures on the reimbursement checks.  I was able to get it signed then deliver it to the library branch where the recipient works, but she wasn't working today and has jury duty next week, so hopefully she'll be able to get it sooner rather than later.

George

« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2017, 09:03:04 PM »

After that, I came home and hosted (for the very first time ever) our family's weeky family dinner.  I made spaghetti and meatballs, and even had vegan nut balls (made from various kinds of nuts) for my sister and niece.  I tried to fry them (that was the recommended method), but they had ice crystals on them and the oil REALLY splattered all over the place!  Fortunately, I was able to get far enough away from it, so no one got hurt.  I was able to just wipe up the splattered oil after it cooled off enough.  Otherwise, dinner was pretty good and my mom made cream puffs for dessert, which were real good.  We played Phase 10 after eating.

John G.

« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2017, 09:06:06 PM »

After that, I came home and hosted (for the very first time ever) our family's weeky family dinner.  I made spaghetti and meatballs, and even had vegan nut balls (made from various kinds of nuts) for my sister and niece.  I tried to fry them (that was the recommended method), but they had ice crystals on them and the oil REALLY splattered all over the place!  Fortunately, I was able to get far enough away from it, so no one got hurt.  I was able to just wipe up the splattered oil after it cooled off enough.  Otherwise, dinner was pretty good and my mom made cream puffs for dessert, which were real good.  We played Phase 10 after eating.

Sounds like a nice evening.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2017, 09:06:39 PM »

Beer cake has about 10 more minutes to cook. And the house smells heavenly.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2017, 09:10:42 PM »

Yesterday, Jane wrote:
DR George how was the movie?  At that length I may wait to watch it from the comfort of home.

It was really good.  I didn't watch the original movie before watching this, so I don't know if there were any references.  It all made sense and really didn't seem like it was almost 3 hours long.  I also really liked the IMAX format.  Highly recommended.

George

« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2017, 09:11:19 PM »

Sounds like a nice evening.

It was.  Now, I'm just watching TV.

George

« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2017, 09:15:36 PM »

Well, the show itself had a couple of very odd bumps in the road, but Tom Jones was wonderful.  Beyond wonderful.  He got up there and talked a very appreciative audience's ear off.  If it hadn't been so late at night with him and Dan having an hour's drive ahead of them, I think he'd still be talking.  An incredible guy.

That's really great!

George

« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2017, 09:16:06 PM »

When The Fantastiks came back to New York probably about 12 years ago or so I was able to snag front row center seats for a Sunday matinees.  When we arrived at the theatre I was surprised to find that we were essentially on the stage...if we had stretched out our feet we would have tripped up the actors. 

Tom Jones was playing the old actor  and he kept playing to The Vixter who was about 11 or 12 at the time, at one point scooping up handfuls of confetti from the stage floor and dumping them on her lap (much to her delight)

During intermission we ran into Elmore who happened to be at the same performance and who mentioned that he was personal friends with Mr Jones.

After the show Elmore kindly brought us back and introduced us to the great man himself.

A cherished memory.

That's so cool, too!

George

« Reply #131 on: October 14, 2017, 09:16:35 PM »

DR George, I love the Neve photos!

Thanks, Larry!

George

« Reply #132 on: October 14, 2017, 09:16:58 PM »

New Orleans!!!!!!
How cool is that?!!!

Very!  Hope you have a great time, Vixmom and Vixdad!!

George

« Reply #133 on: October 14, 2017, 09:18:03 PM »

91%!  We've gone up 3% today, and only 9% to our goal or about 1200 bucks.

Hoo and Ray!

George

« Reply #134 on: October 14, 2017, 09:18:17 PM »

George

« Reply #135 on: October 14, 2017, 09:21:09 PM »

And now, I have caught up on all of today's posts (so far).

John G.

« Reply #136 on: October 14, 2017, 09:43:19 PM »

Beer cake is out of the oven and out of the tube pan. It looks beautiful. I hope it tastes as good as it smells.

This is a fall favorite of mine. It includes dried fruit, chopped nuts and a couple of cups of beer in the batter along with the brown sugar, butter, flour and spices (allspice and cinnamon). It doesn't taste of beer. But the beer helps keep it moist. 
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #137 on: October 14, 2017, 09:43:29 PM »

And with that, good night, all.
― Voltaire

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #138 on: October 14, 2017, 09:47:45 PM »

Beer cake is out of the oven and out of the tube pan. It looks beautiful. I hope it tastes as good as it smells.

This is a fall favorite of mine. It includes dried fruit, chopped nuts and a couple of cups of beer in the batter along with the brown sugar, butter, flour and spices (allspice and cinnamon). It doesn't taste of beer. But the beer helps keep it moist. 

That sounds yummy
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

George

« Reply #139 on: October 14, 2017, 09:51:01 PM »

Do you have a special recipe, or would an Internet search bring up many similar recipies?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #140 on: October 14, 2017, 10:10:31 PM »

One beer cake is now in the oven.

It sounds good.  While I intensely dislike beer I very much enjoy beer bread.  I expect I would also like the cake.

Jane

« Reply #141 on: October 14, 2017, 10:13:31 PM »

Yesterday, Jane wrote:
DR George how was the movie?  At that length I may wait to watch it from the comfort of home.

It was really good.  I didn't watch the original movie before watching this, so I don't know if there were any references.  It all made sense and really didn't seem like it was almost 3 hours long.  I also really liked the IMAX format.  Highly recommended.

Thanks for the report.  Will you watch the original since you have never seen it?

Jane

« Reply #142 on: October 14, 2017, 10:14:39 PM »

Oh, it does sound yummy.

George

« Reply #143 on: October 14, 2017, 10:33:50 PM »

Yesterday, Jane wrote:

Thanks for the report.  Will you watch the original since you have never seen it?

Actually, I have seen the original.  It's just been many, many years, so I pretty much don't remember much of anything about it.  I should've said that I didn't recently re-watch the movie to re-familiarize myself with it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2017, 11:11:06 PM »

Good evening.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2017, 11:12:14 PM »

Another chilly night in Tacoma.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2017, 11:13:20 PM »

Today's memorial service was very nice.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2017, 11:14:41 PM »

Hi, George.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: October 14, 2017, 11:16:23 PM »

Both of Washington's Top Ten football teams were defeated this weekend.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #149 on: October 14, 2017, 11:16:47 PM »

One more post.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up