Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HAPPY TIME  (Read 5502 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE HAPPY TIME
« on: January 21, 2018, 12:07:20 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were happy and kept time, and now it is time for you to post until the happy cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE HAPPY TIME
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 12:08:21 AM »

And the word of the day is: VULNERARY!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 12:15:20 AM »

First post after BK!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 12:15:37 AM »

Now, good night.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 12:17:55 AM »

Good night, Tom.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 12:20:01 AM »

BK, that was a very sweet story about the girl and you stealing her name for your book. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 05:24:34 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 05:25:51 AM »

I was up too late reading Mary Berry's biography.  It would have been nice to sleep in, but Annabelle and Thatch have other ideas.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 05:27:39 AM »

After I tidy up this morning, I need to go through several external hard drives looking for music files.  I want to get through the 2nd edit of "Ballet Ballads" today, but I also want to lounge with the kitties watching DVDs.

Michael

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 05:38:57 AM »

Good Morning to all
Never stop dreaming.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2018, 05:50:04 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2018, 05:50:52 AM »

Good morning!

Must catch up on some missed posts!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2018, 05:52:36 AM »

DR TCB it must be disappointingly and frustrating to miss out on activities because of your chair, especially when you expect better accommodations.

Michael

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2018, 05:53:00 AM »

Heroes: Fighting In The AIDS trenches went very well. The audience was very receptive and appreciative. Ruth Coker Burks who was the subject of the first story was crying. She told me afterward that she has been approached by other writers who wanted to tell her story and there was even an "unauthorized" version, but my play was accurate and the best written of all the other attempts. So that was very gratifying.

We were competing against Tommy Tune & Chita Rivera in concert and The AIDS Smart Ride which had been rescheduled from last fall because of the hurricane so we were not completely sold out.

There was one hiccup: I had video and photos that went along with the play and my MAC powerpoint was not compatible even though I was told it was. They eventually managed to transfer to their own system and by the time they did there was no time to run the show with the images. But thankful the actors were familiar with it as they rehearsed with it. At one point one of the actors jumped ahead a bit but was able to get back on track when he saw the slide and got to the right place.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2018, 05:57:34 AM »

I did get to meet Broadway performer Michael Vita whose career started with Bye Bye Birdie and went on to do Sweet Charity, Promises Promises, Chicago, Ballroom, 42nd Street among others. He is a friend of the producer and helped out by selling tickets and giving out programs
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2018, 05:58:58 AM »

BK, that was a very sweet story about the girl and you stealing her name for your book. :)

Yes it is.

Jane

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2018, 06:02:45 AM »

DR Michael it is a touching story about Ruth. 

ChasSmith

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2018, 06:11:37 AM »

Good morning, all.

Ginny

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2018, 07:06:05 AM »

Sunday morning greetings!  Sorry to have been E & T for a few days - nothing major.  I've been working on a big project in my craft corner that I'll tell you about in a minute.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2018, 07:06:38 AM »

Belated thanks to BK and DRs TCB and Jennifer for the anniversary wishes.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2018, 07:07:31 AM »

Thursday morning I had a long coffee conversation with my friend Rebecca, who could use some vibes dealing with her husband's health.

Ginny

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2018, 07:12:42 AM »

My book group met at Katie's Thursday evening to discuss last year's Newbery Medal winner, The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill.  It's fantasy, which is so not my genre, but the discussion was interesting because we had a special guest.  A local school librarian served on the very prestigious ALA committee that selected the winning book and she came to our meeting.  We learned a lot about the selection process and about books for young readers in general.

Ginny

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2018, 07:13:24 AM »

Friday I worked in my craft corner until it was time to see Tina for a much-needed perm.

Jane

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2018, 07:14:25 AM »

Your book group meeting sounds interesting.

Jane

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2018, 07:15:04 AM »

Coping Vibes for Rebecca.

Ginny

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2018, 07:16:41 AM »

Yesterday Richard and I took a day trip to Danville, KY, to pick up the item for which I've been making room in my craft corner.  I found it on Craigslist and had been emailing back and forth all week with the seller, along with measuring and purging in my room to make room for this beauty:

Ginny

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2018, 07:18:52 AM »

I've always wanted a card catalog and this will give me some storage and a stand-up work space.  It had to be taken apart to fit into Richard's SUV, so right now it's still in pieces in the family room.  I hope we're able to assemble it today and install it.

Ginny

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2018, 07:19:54 AM »

Your book group meeting sounds interesting.

It was, DR Jane, but it did not compel me to finish the book (unless I can find an audio copy).

Ginny

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2018, 07:20:59 AM »

Coping Vibes for Rebecca.

Thank you, DR Jane - she'll need them...

FJL

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2018, 07:31:24 AM »

TCB - Thanks for asklng!  The Lehrer family (Jim, Kate, and their three daughters and their families) seemed to really like what they saw and heard, which was great to know.  They all stayed for the panel discussion afterward (Jim even spoke), and he wrote a great email the next day once he got home, which thrilled the cast and company. 

Our agent is now out of the country on business, so if any theaters had called her to ask for the script, we just wouldn't know yet.  But fingers are crossed!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up