Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: EVENING STAR  (Read 4938 times)

FJL

Re: EVENING STAR
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2018, 10:01:58 AM »

Page 3 at 1 pm EST!

FJL

« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2018, 10:06:50 AM »

I am home and soaking wet, but my taxes are paid off and filed.

This somehow reads to me like voice-over narration for an accounting-related special interest film. (Possible title:  "I'm Waiting for His Return" - a Natalie Cole reference)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2018, 10:22:13 AM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2018, 10:22:50 AM »

It's cold and wet here, too, but I'm sure not as cold as NY or some other areas.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2018, 10:25:25 AM »

Jrand, is sounds like you've put together a very nice slide show, but I really think you should have been told from the beginning that it'd be viewed on a laptop. I don't know how to project on a large screen (or wall), but I don't think it's really that difficult. Sounds to me like it wasn't thought through by the chairperson.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2018, 10:27:18 AM »

Bruce, I didn't realize you were so close to Harvey Schmidt. That you knew him, yes, but not close. I think it's possible to remain close with someone even though you don't speak frequently. I'm sure it's a real loss for you. Condolences.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2018, 10:31:31 AM »

McDonalds is in big trouble. This one store owner has hurt the whole chain with his obnoxious behavior. He probably feels quite justified, but he's hurt the whole corporation, even those store owners who behave admirably.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2018, 10:31:51 AM »

Must be off to acupuncture.

TTFN.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2018, 10:36:41 AM »

Great public relations this morning for McDonald's restaurants.  I guess if you're homeless, you can't eat there...even if you pay for it.

Very sad.

:( >:(

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/03/01/video-homeless-man-kicked-out-mcdonalds-after-customer-buys-him-food-goes-viral.html

Well, there is this: ""At my restaurant, the goal is to provide our customers with a positive and welcoming experience each time they visit. Unfortunately, the individual in this video has a history of disruptive behavior and has been asked to leave by management and police on several occasions."

So the fellow had a history of coming in and being disruptive.  I believe Mr. Gallo knew exactly what was going to happen, I believe he was ready to film and then be antagonistic to get the cops there and I believe this was all about viral.  He got his wish.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2018, 10:38:44 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - a bit less than seven hours of sleep.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2018, 10:40:47 AM »

One Harvey story I forgot to put in the notes but one I've told over and over again - long before I wrote the first Kritzer book, we were supping somewhere and I told him about my grandfather and "What is it, fish?" - well, he thought that was the funniest thing he ever heard and laughed so loud everyone in the restaurant turned to look.  For the next three or four weeks he'd call every day and bellow into the phone in that delicious Texas drawl that elmore mentioned and say, "What is it, fiiiiiiish?" 

Laura

« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2018, 10:58:45 AM »

How is Annabelle?
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2018, 11:20:37 AM »

The redbud trees are showing their true colors again. Just seeing them makes me happy.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2018, 11:34:34 AM »

Great public relations this morning for McDonald's restaurants.  I guess if you're homeless, you can't eat there...even if you pay for it.

Very sad.

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/03/01/video-homeless-man-kicked-out-mcdonalds-after-customer-buys-him-food-goes-viral.html

Well, there is this: ""At my restaurant, the goal is to provide our customers with a positive and welcoming experience each time they visit. Unfortunately, the individual in this video has a history of disruptive behavior and has been asked to leave by management and police on several occasions."

So the fellow had a history of coming in and being disruptive.  I believe Mr. Gallo knew exactly what was going to happen, I believe he was ready to film and then be antagonistic to get the cops there and I believe this was all about viral.  He got his wish.

I wondered about a back story with this.  When the kids were young, Craig about 4 or 5, we had an incident at a McDonald's in Los Angeles with an aggressive homeless person.  For a long time after that Craig was skittish around them.  The incident wasn't all that bad, it was just Craig was at an age where it was scary for him.

Jane

« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2018, 11:35:08 AM »

One Harvey story I forgot to put in the notes but one I've told over and over again - long before I wrote the first Kritzer book, we were supping somewhere and I told him about my grandfather and "What is it, fish?" - well, he thought that was the funniest thing he ever heard and laughed so loud everyone in the restaurant turned to look.  For the next three or four weeks he'd call every day and bellow into the phone in that delicious Texas drawl that elmore mentioned and say, "What is it, fiiiiiiish?" 

:D

Jane

« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2018, 11:35:37 AM »

DR Jrand I have enjoyed your bittersweet memories today.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2018, 11:36:22 AM »

Great story.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2018, 11:45:36 AM »

Friday afternoon greetings!  Richard and I went to a Celtic music concert at the church where we were married and then out to lunch at Frisch’s.  Home now watching Michigan try to advance in the Big Ten basketball tournament.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2018, 11:46:05 AM »

Sad to hear about Harvey Schmidt...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2018, 11:46:49 AM »

Wow such great stories today....  DR FJL I like all of your quotes better than the one I'm not using.

I shall find a solution to this video problem...oh YES, I will find a way.

It will be shown on a BIG screen at the Alumni Dinner held at the school the next night....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2018, 11:47:22 AM »

Maybe DEAR EVAN HANSON would have been better told from the other perspective DR FJL....interesting....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

FJL

« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2018, 12:07:13 PM »

Maybe DEAR EVAN HANSON would have been better told from the other perspective DR FJL....interesting....

My feeling (also from having seen the show only off-Broadway when prices were somewhat normal) is that DEAR EVAN HANSEN is a terrific work from all perspectives, even with its  hopeful ending that doesn't seem morally right somehow, but is necessarily there so we don't leave the theatre as upset as if we'd just seen an Albee or O'Neill. 

The dramaturg on that show is something of an imaginative genius who (along with the director) I'm sure was deeply involved with keeping the show viable commercially while the writing team told the haunting, disturbing story they wanted to tell.  (It's going to make one hell of a movie, I bet.)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2018, 12:07:26 PM »

How is Annabelle?

Her breathing is still labored and she's been napping a bit.  She doesn't seem sick, though; she and Thatch are certainly bounding about.  There are moments when she seems disoriented.

Her nose is crusty with snot.  I want to put a Kleenex up to her face and yell "Blow!"
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2018, 12:10:09 PM »

Continued vibes for dear Annabelle.

FJL

« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2018, 12:10:13 PM »

DR FJL I like all of your quotes better than the one I'm not using.

I hope you will give be the appropriate credit when you don't use them.  :)

ChasSmith

« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2018, 12:26:47 PM »

Have you heard back from the vet?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2018, 12:28:42 PM »

Have you heard back from the vet?

No.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2018, 12:55:40 PM »

Favorite Facebook Quote of the Day: 

"My neighbor knocked on my door at 3 this morning.  Can you believe it, 3 A.M.  Luckily, I was still up playing my drums, but can you imagine - some people!"

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2018, 12:58:25 PM »

Very sad.

Maybe the guy who filmed it worked for Jack in the Box.

;)

Who knows?

???
You can dream…or you can do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2018, 01:18:45 PM »

To add insult to injury, that 40 lbs of kitty litter sits under the mail boxes because my good friend Val, who said yesterday he would take care of getting it to me, hasn't.  I deliberately ordered it to arrive yesterday since the elevators were supposedly ready.  Did I order it for my health? No, but I sure need it.

I hate it when people piss on my shoes and try to tell me it's raining.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 01:53:29 PM by elmore3003 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up