Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: STICKY BUNS  (Read 137473 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:STICKY BUNS
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2005, 12:53:43 AM »

I wonder if this is a new trend here at haineshisway.com - yesterday it was Golden Globes, today it's Sticky Buns.  I tremble to think what tomorrow may bring.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2005, 12:55:08 AM »

Happy Birthday DR Noel!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2005, 12:56:26 AM »

I wonder if this is a new trend here at haineshisway.com - yesterday it was Golden Globes, today it's Sticky Buns.  I tremble to think what tomorrow may bring.

Tremble?  Are you sure that's not a quiver?

:o

:P
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2005, 01:01:28 AM »

OK... So eight hours from now will be Noon-ish... Sounds good to me.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2005, 01:01:50 AM »

I am now craving sticky buns...or Cinnabon cinnamon rolls...something like that.

Happy Birthday to all those who are celebrating such things.  

My 21st birthday was, if I remember right, spent with DR Jed.  We went out, had a few drinks...I believe my first was a gin and tonic, which is still a favorite of mine.

My headache has gotten worse...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2005, 01:06:52 AM »

The best remedy for a headache is the Bunny Hop, especially with Pogue's bunny.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2005, 01:08:33 AM »

I think I'd look rather silly doing the Bunny Hop with her...not to mention looking like the ugly duckling next to the swan :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2005, 01:13:43 AM »

You would never look like the Ugly Duckling.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2005, 01:14:58 AM »

George is still reading yesterday's posts.  He hasn't even gotten past the Globes to the Buns.

I will go to bed at one-thirty.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2005, 01:15:29 AM »

I'm hungry for Mexican food.  I may require a trip to a fine Mexican jernt tomorrow.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2005, 01:23:24 AM »

I have finally caught up!  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2005, 01:23:41 AM »

Mexican sounds tempting...but sadly not on the diet

George

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2005, 01:27:18 AM »

My niece and I went to see "The Phantom of the Opera" and while I was gone, my sister's boyfriend installed the new motherboard on my computer that I got for Christmas!  It seems to make my computer work much faster!  I haven't tried out all the things that might require a faster working computer than what I had before, but a couple of things absolutely work much faster:  the .wav editor and the DVD player/burner!  I can finally PLAY DVDs on this computer!  That alone makes me happy!  Now I can combine the two functions and make audio CDs of movie soundtracks.  The first that I want to do (and one that I've wanted to do for quite a long time) is "The Muppet Movie."  I have a copy of the CD but the orchestrations are different and I like to add (usually) more dialogue than what "official" soundtracks have.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2005, 01:27:34 AM »

It's not on MY diet either, but neither is the sticky bun, so tomorrow's diet will be the Mexican Food/Sticky Bun diet.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2005, 01:27:54 AM »

I am on my way to dreamland.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2005, 01:28:41 AM »

I hope I awaken to the aroma of tacos and sticky buns, with lots of mouth-watering descriptive prose about both.

George

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2005, 01:29:27 AM »

Anyway, for the last couple of hours (aside from catching up) I was fixing my e-mail (nothing was lost!!) and re-installing a few programs that I had.  The only thing that I did lose was my most current Internet Explorer favorites.  I don't know what happened with that.  I would've sworn that I had saved those, but I can't find them anywhere.  I'll still keep looking, though.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 01:29:52 AM by George »

George

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2005, 01:34:39 AM »

The other good thing about getting the new motherboard for the computer was that even though I originally had an 80 gigabyte hard drive (with only about 15 gigs filled up), Larry (who upgraded the computer) got another hard drive (20 gigs) to configure the motherboard onto and then made my original hard drive the ADDITIONAL hard drive!  Now I have 100 gigabytes of storage (over two hard drives)!  That's a LOT of space!  (not to brag or anything ::) )

George

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2005, 01:51:11 AM »

I'm very glad to hear that the Pogues are unhurt :)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2005, 02:01:56 AM »

Noah's New York Bagels
14622 Ventura Blvd, Sherman Oaks  91403-3600 • 818-907-9570
Description:    SHERMAN OAKS. Noah’s is a true East Coast deli set on the West Coast. Transplanted New Yorkers swear by the authenticity of Noah’s bagels, spreads (try lox and chives) and coffee drinks. Bagels are available in every conceivable flavor, from cranberry orange to cracked peppercorn potato to chocolate chip. “Shmears” include maple raisin walnut, jalapeno salsa spread, and low- and fat-free varieties of cream cheese. Sweet rolls and sticky buns satisfy those with a sweeter tooth.
Hours:    Mon-Fri 6am-6pm, Sat-Sun 7am-5pm

Thank-you, DR Panni, because while my name and research abilities were invoked in today's notes, I know nothing about bakeries or sticky buns in Studio City.  Even the name "Studo City" baffles me, since it evokes a city where everyone lives in studio apartments, and I know that can't be true.

And send my wishes of "Happy Birthday!" to your DD!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2005, 02:07:07 AM »

As for Mexican food... Just open up to any page in the cookbooks by Diana Kennedy and Rick Bayless, and I'm sure you'll find something I like.  -I did notice the "collected" Diana Kennedy books on the shelf.  Her first three Mexican cookbooks in one volume.  Hmm...  I'll have to see if the The Good Cook Book Club has it.  Otherwise...
I've several of Bayless' books.  Strangely, I've never bought any of Kennedy's books, a lapse on my part.

Speaking of Bayless, he lost his Iron Chef America encounter with Bobby Flay last night...by one judging point!  And that was for PLATING!!!  In other words, Flay won by being cutesy.  Damn them, damn them all to the dishwashing station!  Hell is too good for them!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2005, 02:33:42 AM »

Happy Birthdays to DR Noel and Panni's Daughter!!

Jed

« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2005, 02:42:27 AM »

So much to catch up on after going E&T for the weekend...

DR Jane commented yesterday...
You might even find yourself hitting imaginary brakes when you are a passenger.

I find this true most any time I ride in DR Ann's car.  ;D
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2005, 02:48:03 AM »

I, too, cannot remember my 21st birthday.  But I've had plenty since then, so it doesn't bother me.

TOD Mexican Restaurants:  The pickings aren't that great here in Rehoboth Beach.  They're not terrible, but not that great.

The really terrible place, which drags everything way down, is called Dos Locos.  It's run by a couple of gringos who head on down to Mexico every winter and get drunk.  They know nothing about Mexican food.  Der Brucer had to add hot sauce to the beans, just to give them some flavor.  The ground beef in the enchilada I had tasted as if someone had simply taken a handfull of chile powder and thrown it into the pot moments before scooping out the serving.  And they are so proud of their chocolate margaritas.  Bleh, I say.

Next up is fairly good, truth to tell.  It's a local chain called Las Toltecas, and their food comes closest to what I think of as "authentic."  Their salsa for the chips is served in a carafe, so you can pour out as much as you like (and there are bottles of hot sauce on the tables, if you want to boost the amount of capsaicin).  And good margaritas.  But the food is not like what we got in SoCal.

The best of the trio is Tiajuana Taxi, which doesn't have a website and isn't very authentic.  It's more "inspired by" than true south-of-the-border."  But the food sure tastes good, and there's lots of it.

I suppose I shouldn't complain.  Der Brucer still hasn't found a pizza place that he likes.   :-\

La Jolie Femme

• I can't read your mind, but you don't know that.
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2005, 02:49:08 AM »

For my 21st birthday, my Dad took me to the officer's club (Bluegrass Army Depot) and bought me my first legal drink. It was a manhattan as I remember it.  He also leaned over and lit my cigarette. (I smoked in those days.) It was very "Now Voyager" an d romantic in an "I always wanted to have a special date with Dad" kinda way. I dressed up, the man who taught me to dance by letting me perch on the tops of his shoes foxtrotted, jitterbugged, and two-stepped me around the floor and showed off his grown-up daughter. He died two Christmases ago, and I have always remembered that n ight as the sweetest time we ever had together...a real "coming of age" adventure.

I make the world's most faboo quacamole dip. My favorite Mexican food is Albondegas (is that the right spelling?). And sopapillas. And fresh grilled handmade masa tortillas.  You can get those just about anywhere.  When it comes to beans or rice or cheese or sourcream you've totally lost my interest. Carne y tortillas, ole!!

'Night!

George

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2005, 02:49:13 AM »

Yesterday, MattH wrote to me:
I loved the color pic of Mary Martin as Annie, DR George, that you used for your DVD cover shots. Was this pic inside that CD recording of ANNIE that she and Raitt made? (I never bought it on CD as I had the LP and didn't much like it.)

I'm also glad the DVD-R I made worked in your player. I'm always nervous that those homemade DVDs won't play for everyone

Thanks!  The picture on the right with the title was from the CD, of course.  I downloaded it from amazon.com.  The back picture (on the left) was downloaded from the Internet after googling.  I don't know if it was in the CD or not.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 02:50:58 AM by George »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2005, 02:49:55 AM »

Time to get going for a VERY long day of ladsitting.  This is getting old, fast.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2005, 02:51:38 AM »

Happy Birthday DR MIA Noel!

DRCP what a great picture!  Ah yes those were the days.

Chicken tacos - steak tacos....mmmmmmmm....most of my Mexican food of course is of the Taco Bell variety....Indiana, you know.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2005, 02:54:43 AM »

...And fresh grilled handmade masa tortillas.  You can get those just about anywhere....
Oh, how I wish this was true!  Finding corn tortillas here in Delaware is a disappointment.  Either everything the markets have is flour tortillas, or I find myself paying five dollars for a dozen!  I may have to start mixing the masa and lard and making my own!

Things could be worse: over on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, Taco Bell is considered radical.  (Nothing personal, JRand.  An oops on my part, our posts crossed paths.)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 02:55:32 AM by S. Woody White »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2005, 02:57:49 AM »

Dear La Jolie Femme: I think your story about your father shows what kind of special he was.  Much as I love my own father, I don't mind envying you one bit.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up