Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CHIFFON GOWN WITH THE PLUNGING NECKLINE  (Read 43003 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:THE CHIFFON GOWN WITH THE PLUNGING NECKLINE
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2005, 01:03:48 AM »

While not a fave of our BK's, I enjoyed Chariots of Fire for it's photography and score.

For years, I was a scorekeeper for a number of gay softball teams, first with the Los Angeles league and later with the league in Long Beach.  Der Brucer and I met because the team I was keeping score for that year was sponsored by a bar where he was a regular.  (The details, while tres risque, needn't be detailed just now.)  I understand that The Lonely Hearts Club includes gay softball as part of it's story, but I haven't seen it yet.  And I don't think anyone has done a film about scorekeepers.  Ever.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2005, 01:03:51 AM »

Is anybody there?  Does anybody care?  Does anybody see what I see?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2005, 01:05:21 AM »

I think it's mAringue.  But I'm not sure.  But you can lead while we figure it out during our page two dance!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2005, 01:06:44 AM »

...Oh, and Fear Strikes Out is good if you like baseball mixed with mental illness.
Hey, a film about umpires!  (Several I've met, at least.   :-\ ;D)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2005, 01:07:35 AM »

I'd like to see a film about vampire umpires.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2005, 01:08:07 AM »

I keep meaning to go to bed but I look so damnably attractive in this chiffon gown with the plunging neckline.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2005, 01:09:23 AM »

It occurs to me that I could achieve my new plateau of 9000 posts at the same time as the board achieves its new plateau of 90,000 posts.  Then I'll sing Ten Percent.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2005, 01:10:12 AM »

Doesn't chiffon wrinkle?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2005, 01:11:53 AM »

I've decided The Scorekeeper's Manifesto would make a great title...for something.   It has a great rhythm, and sounds important.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2005, 01:12:43 AM »

My chiffon is permanent press.  Marvelous stuff really.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2005, 01:14:08 AM »

Welcome five GUESTS.  What in tarnation are you doing up this late?  

Meringue!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2005, 01:18:48 AM »

One thing I like about this family of mine is that the grandlads are already learning to play ball, as in the baseball variants.  Their mom and dad are both involved, he with the actual coaching, she with keeping the dugout organized (which gives her lots of opportunities to scream at people).  Der B and I went to the games once last year.  The younger grandlad (4) played first, the older lad (7) played the second game.

During that second game, I walked the younger one over to a nearby playground.  It's all a part of ladsitting and being a grandperson.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2005, 01:21:06 AM »

I've also seen it spelled "Merengue"... but your spelling seems to be the most popular.
Unless you want to LIMBO.

Panni

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2005, 01:22:01 AM »

bk seems to have gone to bed. Perhaps the chiffon was wilting.

Panni

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2005, 01:23:58 AM »

I guess, I'll make my way to the bedroom. The Japanese food is still making me very perky. Perhaps I'll do the merengue/meringue in bed.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2005, 01:28:28 AM »

Now THAT sounds even more risque than the story I wasn't going to tell tonight!   :o   ;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2005, 01:29:30 AM »

The hours are very wee here, and I should toddle.   :-*

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2005, 03:31:27 AM »

Happy birthday to DR Pogue!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2005, 03:43:10 AM »

My iBook was sick, very sick, and had been in hospital for three and half days. So I couldn’t read the notes or the posts either during its absence…. I missed you. In fact, I don’t post much as other DRs do, because of my English, but I would like everyone to know that I enjoy to be at HHW every time I visit. Yes, I really enjoy to read your DRs discussion/chat and, of course, dear BK’s daily notes.  It’s good for me to learn practical English as well.
Well, I go back to read the posts on past dates, maybe have to read from the day of I, POD. :) :) :)

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2005, 03:46:31 AM »

Happy Birthday to you, DR POGUE!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2005, 04:26:17 AM »

I guess, I'll make my way to the bedroom. The Japanese food is still making me very perky. Perhaps I'll do the merengue/meringue in bed.

Isn't it easier to stock a can of Reddi-Whip in the fridge?

Good morning, all!  Dear Friend BK, it's my short-term memory that we saw two movies at the Directors Guild; one was JURASSIC PARK, but I forgot the other.  Am I remembering correctly?[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]

:o :o ;D :-* ::) :) ;D DR CHARLES POGUE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :o ;D :o ;D :-* ::) :) ;D[/move]

Sports movies?  Here goes:
BREAKING AWAY
SLAP SHOT
BULL DURHAM
KANSAS CITY BOMBER
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2005, 05:25:49 AM »

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]! ! ! ! !  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR CHARLES POGUE  ! ! ! ! ![/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2005, 05:31:47 AM »

Does BEST IN SHOW qualify as a sports movie?
Another favorite: DAMN YANKEES.

BAD NEWS BEARS is at the top of my list as well. I also enjoyed CASEY'S SHADOW, another sports-related (race-horsing) movie with Walter Matthau.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2005, 05:32:51 AM »

And a happy birthday to DR Charles Pogue!

Kerry

« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2005, 05:42:38 AM »

Happy Birthday to Charles Pogue.   I think Bruce SHOULD wear the pink chiffon with the plunging neckline to dinner with the Pogues tonight.  It may not be quite the same as Bunny Peggy, but I'm sure Bruce will look marvelous.  Bruce, will you wear a lavalier?

I love "Bull Durham," but then I also like baseball.  But even if I didn't like baseball,  I'd still like "Bull Durham."

There aren't any really good swimming or diving or gymnast movies.   I liked Sonja Henie and Esther Williams movies. Do those count?  Yumpin' Yimney!!!!

I liked "Rocky" (the first one) and "The Longest Yard" when I saw them, but i'm not a huge sports fan.  Hence, I'm not a huge sports movie fan.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 05:43:55 AM by Kerry »
I like boat races.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2005, 05:47:57 AM »

My favorite sport is baseball.  Baseball been very, very good to me!  It's the one sport I play(ed) half decently and I love attending major and minor league games.  Here in Philly, we have our perennial heartbreakers, the Philadelphia Phillies and across the river, in a very beautiful park beneath the Bejamin Franklin Bridge in Camden, NJ, we have the Riversharks.

I like watching football, too, but mostly only up through the playoffs.  Once the regular games are over, NFL Football begins taking itself too seriously.  This season has been an exception for me, though, with the Philadelphia Eagles playing better than ever and almost in sight of the Super Bowl.  But this city has been down this path for four years now, each time ending in bitter disappointment.  But once again, our hearts are hoping...

Favorite Sports Movies:
Field of Dreams
The Natural
Nine Men Out
Pride of the Yankees
Bull Durham
The Bad News Bears
Major League

And some non-baseball sports movies:
North Forty Dallas
Friday Night Lights
Slap Shot
Hoosiers
The Longest Yard
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2005, 05:49:18 AM »

DR Jane, I don't think I"ve ever tried an egg bagel.  What exactly is it?  And why do you prefer it to regular bagels?  Bagels are pretty popular here (and you can get them everywhere).  So I'd like to know what to look for.

Ben

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2005, 05:52:38 AM »

I have much catching up to do since I was E&T for the weekend. First best birthday wishes to DRs Noel and Charles Pogue.

Breaking Away is the film that comes to mind for me.

Need to catch up now and also perform work for which I am paid a salary every 12th and 28th of each month.

TTFN

Jennifer

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2005, 06:06:09 AM »

DR Jenny, it is nice to see you again!'

Sorry about RAGTIME.  But why would the principal wait till the week before to cancel the show?  That is crazy!

td

• td
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2005, 06:16:23 AM »

Seeings as so many of my choices have been mentiong - notably FEAR STRIKES OUT, I'll add:
ANGELS IN THE OUTFIELD - the original
THAT TOUCH OF MINK - it's a stretch, but perhaps a seventh inning stretch. . .
BRIAN'S SONG also has a lovely Michel Legrand score.
THE LONGEST YARD
ANY GIVEN SUNDAY (Oliver Stone in straightforward mode)
ANNIE GET YOUR GUN - well, there are several sharp shooting sequences
. . . and then there's that season two episode of BUFFY, "Go Fish" about the swim team, creatures from the Black Lagoon and guest star Conchita Farrell. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up