Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: BLYTHE DANNER'S HAIR  (Read 43207 times)

Michael

Re:BLYTHE DANNER'S HAIR
« Reply #180 on: January 19, 2005, 04:25:52 PM »

I may come up to NYC at the end of month. Have any new shows opened and are they worth seeing to make the journey worthwhile.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #181 on: January 19, 2005, 04:27:31 PM »

PAGE SEVEN DANCE

Never stop dreaming.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #182 on: January 19, 2005, 04:28:51 PM »

It is snowing here in Rehoboth Beach.  I've decided (again) that I definately like watching show fall.  It's light, whimsical (well, for now, since it's a light snowfall), and not nearly as gloomy as I've heard people say.  Rain can be gloomy, very grey, but snow is not like that at all.

Of course, if this were a blizzard, I might have a few different things to say about the matter.

DR SWW, have you checked out the weekend forcast?  They are calling for a nor'easter style snow storm.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #183 on: January 19, 2005, 04:47:44 PM »

The interesting thing is that Steve Collins told me he's always wanted to play Ben in FOLLIES.  Unfortunately, SEVENTH HEAVEN (?) hath him in thrall.

I think Mr. Collins would be great as Ben in FOLLIES.  In fact, I think he would be great in just about anything (or out of anything).  The one thing I won't watch him in is SEVENTH HEAVEN.  It might send me into insulin shock -- and I am not even diabetic.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: January 19, 2005, 05:00:19 PM »

Shayne, e-mail me and I'll see if I can help.

Kerry

« Reply #185 on: January 19, 2005, 05:07:20 PM »

Ah, TCB, I saw Mr. Collins in "The Ritz" in nothing but a towel.  That was my first exposure to Mr. Collins (so to speak).
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #186 on: January 19, 2005, 05:08:00 PM »

AND it was 83 degrees here today with a lovely breeze.
I like boat races.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #187 on: January 19, 2005, 05:17:27 PM »

There is one theater poster that I would give anything to have, but apparently will never get the chance.  When the musical, TITANIC, first went into previews it had a different poster.  The poster was all black and had a silhouette of the ship in lights, and the name Titanic made-up the four smoke stacks (see below).  I loved that poster.  I was so disappointed when the CD was released and I realized they had changed posters.  I called back to the theater to see if they might still have one around, but the people at the theater swore that no such poster ever existed. I guess I will have to be content with the three copies of the Playbill that I have, but I would love to have a framed poster for my wall……. that is until Jane and Keith decide to give me their original newspaper about the sinking!
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #188 on: January 19, 2005, 05:26:49 PM »

Last night CHarles Pogue wrote:

"I won't debate whether Olivier's remark was catty or not, but refer you to Bill Goldman's book ADVENTURES IN THE SCREEN TRADE and his story about Hoffman making Olivier improvise, not only improvise but walk around to do so when the man was obviously ill.  I think Hoffman's a fine actor...but I think some of this stuff is just star ego bullshit.  While you're at it, read the story about Hoffman and the flashlight in Goldman's book."

Okay, what's the story about Hoffman and the flashlight?? ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #189 on: January 19, 2005, 05:50:16 PM »

Ah, TCB, I saw Mr. Collins in "The Ritz" in nothing but a towel.  That was my first exposure to Mr. Collins (so to speak).

They let you in the theatre wearing nothing but a towel?  :o
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Danise

« Reply #190 on: January 19, 2005, 06:20:24 PM »

Hi folks,

Sorry to have been E&T last night and most of today.  I've had to work overtime at work.  Major overtime like until 7:30 tonight.  I didn't get home until shortly after eight.  My boss had to bring me home--there is no bus after the 5:15.

Since I am planning on the March NYC trip, I can use the extra money so I'm not complaining to much.  :)  NOTE:  I said "to much".  It's not that I'm not complaining at all.

I put in for vacation time for that time and got my approval today. So that is part is set.  Please keep me up to date with any news from anyone who is going.  

Has anyone made any plans on the show?  Tickets?  Are we buying them there or sending  the money in ahead or what?  Are we sitting together?  Sorry if this was posted already.

What  other shows are the rest of you going to see?  I think I will be in on Friday afternoon and will stay until Monday or possibly Tuesday.  I haven’t seen Ave Q or Little Women but sound like something I’d like to see.  Not to sure about Ave Q but have heard so much about it.  

Pardon if I make this short, I have many things to do and am very tired. I will try to catch up on all of the posts when things calm down.  I may have to work late through the rest of the week.

Vibes and my very best Birthdays wishes to anyone I have missed.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #191 on: January 19, 2005, 06:20:27 PM »

Why?  What do you usually wear to the theater?
“One thing’s universal,

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #192 on: January 19, 2005, 06:48:23 PM »

Off to dinner with an old friend whom I haven't seen for years. We'll be dining at Dan Tana's.
Laters!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: January 19, 2005, 06:50:18 PM »

Welcome seven GUESTS.  We're talkin' about Blythe Danner's Hair.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #194 on: January 19, 2005, 06:53:13 PM »

Have fun DRPANNI!

I loved that logo, too, DRTCB - but I don't have the poster either!

HMMMMMMMMM........I think in the case of a movie bio of a strong singer specifically noted for a voice type - I think lip synching is the way to go.  I loved Beverly D'Angelo as Patsy Cline in COAL MINER'S DAUGHTER and of course Sissy did some great work as Loretta Lynn.  But I was glad to hear Patsy's real voice in SWEET DREAMS.....the problem being of course that Jessica Lange's speaking voice didn't come close to Patsy's so the match was imperfect.....her "mouth choreography" was also a bit careless.

But .... hmmmmmmmmmmm
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Kerry

« Reply #195 on: January 19, 2005, 07:01:05 PM »

I did wear my signature bow tie with the towel at least.  Mr. Collins, however, only wore the towel.
I like boat races.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #196 on: January 19, 2005, 07:02:20 PM »

What has everybody eaten this fine day?  I was good and have only had a Subway Club.

Kerry

« Reply #197 on: January 19, 2005, 07:03:41 PM »

BTW, DR Panni,
Thank you for sharing the quote the other day from your 21st birthday card.  It was just what I needed to read that day, and I have since sent it to a few friends.  That has happened before with other things you've quoted or said.   Just thought you should know.
I like boat races.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #198 on: January 19, 2005, 07:05:04 PM »

Arby's Roast Beef Melt....5 for 5.95!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Michael

« Reply #199 on: January 19, 2005, 07:05:14 PM »

It is interesting that Blythe Danner won a Tony award for Butterflies Are Free as a supporting role as opposed to a lead role which it was. One of the people who she beat was Eillen Heckart who won the oscar for the film version.

BTW did anyone see Miss Gloria Swanson in the mother role, Butterflies Are Free

Another Questopm
The title song has to be the least recorded of Stephen Schwartz's song. Did you ever consider it for you Stephen Schwartz CD?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #200 on: January 19, 2005, 07:05:56 PM »

I did wear my signature bow tie with the towel at least.  Mr. Collins, however, only wore the towel.

And Treat Williams did it in the film version.
Never stop dreaming.

Kerry

« Reply #201 on: January 19, 2005, 07:06:04 PM »

I just finished some orange peel chicken from a local asian eatery.  Mighty fine!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #202 on: January 19, 2005, 07:07:06 PM »

Treat Williams didn't wear a bowtie either.
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #203 on: January 19, 2005, 07:10:03 PM »

I know there was the theme song in the movie that Edward Albert sang, but can anyone recall anything about it other than, "Butterflies are freeeeee, and so are weeeee."
 I heard Gloria Swanson was quite good in the play, but I can't imagine anyone better than Eileen Heckhart.
I like boat races.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #204 on: January 19, 2005, 07:18:58 PM »

I have enjoyed reading all of today’s posts.  

I’m tired and still have work to do around here so goodnight.

Cillaliz

« Reply #205 on: January 19, 2005, 07:37:40 PM »

Decided to add a photo, not the greatest, but a photo nonetheless. I didn't eat much today, an English Muffin and Orange and a hamburger with no bun.  I am, however, back into my skinny jeans!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #206 on: January 19, 2005, 07:50:13 PM »

It must have been a performance at the Continental Baths.

:o
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #207 on: January 19, 2005, 07:51:26 PM »

I have emailed DRPennyO about setting aside a block of tickets for March 19.  So far, I have the following peoplecoming to the show:
Me
Ginny
Anna
Danise
Ben
Anthony
Vixmom
W F Orr
Michael Shayne

If I've omitted anyone, my apologies.  I hope more will show up, but we have a possible 9 right now!  I asked her about setting aside 15 tickets.  Maybe we'll need more?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #208 on: January 19, 2005, 07:54:20 PM »

Der Brucer and I feasted on grilled goose breasts, sauteed spinach, and oatmeal with dried cranberries and almonds.  The oatmeal was an experiment of mine, and it worked very well with the goose.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #209 on: January 19, 2005, 07:58:34 PM »

BTW did anyone see Miss Gloria Swanson in the mother role, Butterflies Are Free

I saw her do it at the Royal Alex in Toronto. What I recall is that at the time, Gloria Swanson was heavily involved in her health-food/anti-sugar campaign. In one scene, as the meddling mother, she checked out her son's cupboards. And then, she proceeded to give him - and the entire audience - an endless lecture on the evils of sugar, processed food, etc.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up