Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: LOVE MEANS NEVER HAVING TO SAY YOU'RE SARI  (Read 4600 times)

KevinH

Re: LOVE MEANS NEVER HAVING TO SAY YOU'RE SARI
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2018, 04:55:34 PM »

I saw "Sugar" in Sacramento a few years ago and really enjoyed it.  Jason Graae and "that other guy" were the stars and Elizabeth Stanley played Sugar.  Alix Korey and Lenny Wolpe were terrific as Sweet Sue and Osgood.

KevinH

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2018, 04:55:44 PM »

Page 3!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2018, 04:56:15 PM »

I had a number of personal business things to take care of today, then stopped on the way home at the Carving Board for a sandwich. I'm not a big chip eater, but in honor of DR Jane I tried their made-on-premises potato chips. They were good, but next time I'll have my usual salad.

KevinH

« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2018, 04:57:27 PM »

When I read the article about the new "Some Like it Hot" musical I kept wondering when it was going to mention "Sugar."

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2018, 04:57:42 PM »

So, Jane, I'd have to say it's not worth a special trip just for the chips.   ;)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2018, 05:00:11 PM »

I had a number of personal business things to take care of today, then stopped on the way home at the Carving Board for a sandwich. I'm not a big chip eater, but in honor of DR Jane I tried their made-on-premises potato chips. They were good, but next time I'll have my usual salad.

I am glad they were good.  Thank you for letting me know :)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2018, 05:00:21 PM »

Has anyone heard from DR Ron? Do you know how is mother is doing?

Jane

« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2018, 05:01:22 PM »

So, Jane, I'd have to say it's not worth a special trip just for the chips.   ;)

Unfortunately that is the case with most homemade chips.  Did you ever eat the ones at the Santa Monica Pier?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2018, 05:02:32 PM »

Congrats to DR Laura and her expanding family.

Any names in mind yet?

KevinH

« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2018, 05:03:34 PM »

I just got back from the ultrasound with The Kids that shows that I will have a grandson in October.

Exciting news!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2018, 05:04:02 PM »

Unfortunately that is the case with most homemade chips.  Did you ever eat the ones at the Santa Monica Pier?

No. The ones at Falafel King in Westwood Village are quite tasty, but greasy.

Jane

« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2018, 05:05:06 PM »

Since he has not updated news on his facebook page I am guessing she is still in the very nice rehab center getting her strength back. 

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2018, 05:06:33 PM »

Since he has not updated news on his facebook page I am guessing she is still in the very nice rehab center getting her strength back. 

Good. I'm glad to hear she's out of the hospital and found a nice place with good care.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2018, 05:07:46 PM »

Is the Falafel King still there?  I remembered it moved and we did not like the outside seating area as much.  Yes, they had excellent chips, more like the ones at the pier than most places.

Knowing you like these chips, and the ones you had today were not as good, gives me a comparison of the two. 

Jane

« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2018, 05:08:06 PM »

Good. I'm glad to hear she's out of the hospital and found a nice place with good care.

And she liked the food.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2018, 05:12:29 PM »

Is the Falafel King still there?  I remembered it moved and we did not like the outside seating area as much.  Yes, they had excellent chips, more like the ones at the pier than most places.

Knowing you like these chips, and the ones you had today were not as good, gives me a comparison of the two. 

Yes, the Falafel King moved. It's now on Broxton (is that the name of the street?), not far from Stan's Donuts. And I KNOW that many HHW DRs know Stan's. It's a much smaller place. I haven't been there in several years. I used to stop there after the dentist, but I changed dentists and haven't been back.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2018, 05:16:08 PM »

No falafels near the new dentist, but there is the bakery. Actually, there are a number of restaurants on the next street over, but I haven't explored them. I often feel rather shell-shocked after leaving the dentist. I really should check them out one day. You sometimes find little gems in the most unlikely places.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2018, 05:16:22 PM »

TTFN.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2018, 06:00:53 PM »

I received a text from our DR ChasSmith.  The tornados have ripped through Connecticut and they've had some damage to the house.  Everyone is okay and they are on generator power.  He has no idea when he'll have internet or access to the news.

The thunder here scared the hell out of Annabelle.  Her eyes were big as saucers.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2018, 06:19:28 PM »

Major vibes for ChasSmith.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2018, 06:19:46 PM »

Great news, DR Laura.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2018, 06:25:17 PM »

I received a text from our DR ChasSmith.  The tornados have ripped through Connecticut and they've had some damage to the house.  Everyone is okay and they are on generator power.  He has no idea when he'll have internet or access to the news.

The thunder here scared the hell out of Annabelle.  Her eyes were big as saucers.

:o

~~~Vibes of All Kinds for ChasSmith and Housemates!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2018, 06:25:18 PM »

I never read any of his books, but I just found out that Tom Wolfe, Pyrotechnic ‘New Journalist’ and Novelist, Dies at 88.  I work with several people who were fans of his.

I never read his two big books, The Right Stuff and The Electric kool Aid Acid Test, but I did read the rest. And I didn’t care for them. Loathed Bonfire of the Vanities, in fact. Man in Full, I Am Charlotte Simmons and the book set in Miami were all irritating by the ending. 
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2018, 06:49:06 PM »

A Ravel evening.
― Voltaire

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2018, 06:58:36 PM »

OH no, I am so sorry to hear about Chas.  I hope the damage is minor and covered by insurance
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

George

« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2018, 06:58:40 PM »

Well, it's time for me to leave work and feed Margo's cats.  Then, I'll go home.  Excitin', ain't it?

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2018, 06:58:49 PM »

Be back later.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2018, 07:02:20 PM »

Yes, the Falafel King moved. It's now on Broxton (is that the name of the street?), not far from Stan's Donuts. And I KNOW that many HHW DRs know Stan's. It's a much smaller place. I haven't been there in several years. I used to stop there after the dentist, but I changed dentists and haven't been back.

Yes, Broxton closer to Stan's, not that is was far from Stan's to begin with.  We certainly never had any problems walking to Stan's for dessert.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2018, 07:03:35 PM »

Thank you for letting us know.  I hope the damage wasn't bad.

Annabelle, I would have expected Thatch.  I am glad you are all safe.

Jane

« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2018, 07:04:33 PM »

I never read any of his books, but I just found out that Tom Wolfe, Pyrotechnic ‘New Journalist’ and Novelist, Dies at 88.  I work with several people who were fans of his.

I never read his two big books, The Right Stuff and The Electric kool Aid Acid Test, but I did read the rest. And I didn’t care for them. Loathed Bonfire of the Vanities, in fact. Man in Full, I Am Charlotte Simmons and the book set in Miami were all irritating by the ending. 

Bonfire of the Vanities was enough for me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up