Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DRY RUN  (Read 3100 times)

Laura

Re: THE DRY RUN
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2018, 09:05:38 AM »

Ever since I finished my jury duty, I have been reading about how juries are chosen. Not only are the lawyers given our names in advance, they also do extensive background checks, including scouring our Facebook pages. I did a google search for juror questionnaires, and some of them ask very intrusive questions. These questionnaires are part of the record and can be released to the media in big cases.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2018, 09:06:39 AM »

I have nothing in particular to hide, but I'm sure not going to make it easy for them to get info about me.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2018, 09:29:49 AM »

DR TCB I am not sure that I want to go to a restaurant with the word WIND in its name.

:D

Jane

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2018, 09:30:38 AM »

TOD:
Sourdough bread
Sourdough rolls
Rye
French
bagels
I really don't like wheat bread or pumpernickel.

Of late, I've been making my own sourdough, which is a huge effort because you have to use something called a "starter" which is essentially a bowl full of fermented batter. And you have to keep adding fresh water and flour to it every week, which is called "feeding". It's essentially my new pet, except I don't have to potty train it, and it doesn't cuddle. It's taken me a year of perfecting the recipe to get my bread to come out soft and fluffy, but it still doesn't taste all that flavorful. This week, I'm going to add a half teaspoon extra salt and two tablespoons of brown sugar and see if that helps.

For me the problem with the sour dough starter is the smell.

Jane

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2018, 09:31:52 AM »

Ever since I finished my jury duty, I have been reading about how juries are chosen. Not only are the lawyers given our names in advance, they also do extensive background checks, including scouring our Facebook pages. I did a google search for juror questionnaires, and some of them ask very intrusive questions. These questionnaires are part of the record and can be released to the media in big cases.

It seems to me they can't see much on FB if you keep everything for "friends only".

Laura

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2018, 09:40:17 AM »

Many people don't set their privacy levels.

I had a friend request from a stranger during the time period they were investigating, so they can get in to see what you post for friends to see. Also, remember I said that someone tried to access my account that weekend?

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2018, 10:46:33 AM »

Good afternoon, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2018, 10:47:22 AM »

Great story on Half-Time, Fred. The Times slammed the show, but I would love to see that cast.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2018, 10:48:03 AM »

Healthy vibes and xylophones to BK!

~~~Super Ditto!!~~~

Super tritto!
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2018, 10:49:04 AM »

Happy Birthday to the sister of DR TCB 🎂

Happy birthday!
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2018, 10:50:10 AM »

Yes I liked DR FJL's story as well....

Some folks may not want to ENCOURAGE the Stage Door experience - if they are in a hurry.

Donna McKechnie has always been fun in interviews - I especially like to watch her when she talks about her time - and exit - on DARK SHADOWS....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2018, 10:50:49 AM »

I was going to say my life was an open book....but I guess it's more like an open sandwich....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2018, 10:52:23 AM »

DR FJL as soon as the stage went black, FDR had to jump out of his wheelchair and run backstage.....I got caught twice when the lights came up for the beginning of the bows....and had to get my glasses out of my coat pocket at the same time....

It was a Christmas miracle in June....

John G.

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2018, 10:52:46 AM »

I love baking bread. I don’t do it often since I’m not supposed to eat it.

Kneading dough is peaceful and relaxing. Naturally, the best bread I’ve made is the no-knead variety.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2018, 10:56:21 AM »

Fruit breads are a different matter. They’re kinda fun. Zucchini bread can be good, rhubarb bread even more so. Since I don’t eat bananas, I never have any leftovers for banana bread. But I may want to try a tropical version with coconut, macadamia nuts and maybe caramel.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2018, 11:02:43 AM »

Tuesday afternoon greetings!  Rebecca and I met up at 9:30 to visit a jeweler.  I wanted to have my mother’s wedding ring checked and cleaned, which they did at no charge.  We then went to Le Peep for brunch and I’m home now enjoying the AC.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2018, 11:35:56 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - I was up earlier but stayed in bed and kept having the same dream over and over again.  Then the alarm didn't go off so I got about nine hours of sleep, which was good, but I am filled with guck I must get rid of.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2018, 11:47:45 AM »

I was the ONLY cast member from THE MOUSETRAP who did NOT use his book last night.   And I only called for line once....my SECOND line....

Good for you, Jrand! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2018, 11:48:32 AM »

I do enjoy the accents though, it's a Cook's Tour of the British Empire!  Sometimes all at once and sometimes from the same actor.

Sadly, that's not all that uncommon in community theater. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2018, 11:48:43 AM »

;)

George

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2018, 11:54:29 AM »

I saw HALF-TIME at Paper Mill the other day, which I really liked so much, possibly even more because of its themes and because I always love Nell Benjamin's work since LEGALLY BLONDE.  Even her lyrics for the MEAN GIRLS songs, which some critics say don't work as well as the book in that show, but as songs, they sound fine to me (tickets are just too hard to get right now, and therefore getting hiked up by the new Broadway "airline-style pricing" - so I think I'll wait until MEAN GIRLS demand dies down to see it).   But an unusual stage door thing happened.  Donna McKechnie, who is open about being 75, had a cute golf cart type vehicle waiting for her between shows to take her (I guess to the local restaurant) before the 7 pm show, so she can rest a bit, and when she stepped out of the stage door, she first told the waiting fans that she was going to take a seat, but then proceeded once seated to talk to everyone for as long as everyone wanted.   (There was a bench there for the fans while waiting, so why not for the performer while saying hi to the fans?)  It seemed having a place to sit made the interaction at the stage door a breeze for her, and i guess at 75 she needs no excuses for wanting to sit between two dance-heavy performances in one day, since she really seemed to be having a lovely time (or made everyone feel like she was). 

Having a seat for the performers at the stage door is a pretty cool idea.  And at 75, Donna McKechnie can sit anytime she darn well pleases! :D

Jane

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2018, 03:33:19 PM »

Many people don't set their privacy levels.

I had a friend request from a stranger during the time period they were investigating, so they can get in to see what you post for friends to see. Also, remember I said that someone tried to access my account that weekend?

When I first went on FB if you sent your received a friend invite it did open your page.  Along time ago that stopped.  Has it changed again?  I try to be more diligent about deleting friend requests from people I don't know, and reporting those that are duplicate scams.

Jane

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2018, 03:34:33 PM »

I love baking bread. I don’t do it often since I’m not supposed to eat it.

Kneading dough is peaceful and relaxing. Naturally, the best bread I’ve made is the no-knead variety.

I used to love baking bread.  I think I have done so once since I broke my shoulder.  What is this great no-knead bread?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2018, 03:50:38 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2018, 04:02:21 PM »

I went to the bank today to take care of some business. I asked for a receipt for the fees involved in a transaction. The nice young man helping me said there was no way to do that. WHAT??!! We went round and round, then he asked his manager. The manager said the same thing. WHAT??!! I again explained what I needed to the young man. He then went into my account on the computer, found the details, and printed it out. Viola! Honestly! This should have been a simple, 5-minute transaction. Do today's employees just not know the computer systems they're working on?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2018, 04:04:27 PM »

DR Laura, I don't blame you for wanting to keep your personal information private. I feel there's far too much personal information out in the public domain.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2018, 04:08:31 PM »

TTFN.

George

« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2018, 04:11:12 PM »

I went to the bank today to take care of some business. I asked for a receipt for the fees involved in a transaction. The nice young man helping me said there was no way to do that. WHAT??!! We went round and round, then he asked his manager. The manager said the same thing. WHAT??!! I again explained what I needed to the young man. He then went into my account on the computer, found the details, and printed it out. Viola! Honestly! This should have been a simple, 5-minute transaction. Do today's employees just not know the computer systems they're working on?

Yikes!  It's stories like this really make me glad that pretty much since graduating from college I've only used credit unions and not banks. :-\

Jane

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2018, 04:48:31 PM »

I wonder how many people have accepted the fact they could not have a receipt.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2018, 05:08:50 PM »

Picked up some packages, tried to go for a light meal at Jerry's but school's out now so unless one gets there before eleven-thirty or after two-fifteen, no more Jerry's until September.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up