Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DRY RUN  (Read 3101 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE DRY RUN
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2018, 05:10:20 PM »

Stopped at Ralph's and got the wrap I like, came home and ate that all up - very good and light.  I think I've gotten rid of most of the gunk - but it's an allergy kind of day - took my pill right around noon and so far it's keeping them at bay.  Bottom line is I'm thinking I might just get through this tonight - maybe not full strength but strong enough to at least sell the songs.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2018, 05:10:47 PM »

I've just been relaxing and listening to music - brought in more CDs and am listening to more Gary McFarland.

KevinH

« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2018, 05:29:19 PM »

Good evening!

KevinH

« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2018, 05:29:27 PM »

Page 3?

KevinH

« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2018, 05:34:16 PM »

Happy Birthday to TCB's sister!

KevinH

« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2018, 05:36:54 PM »

Another warm day, with showers thrown in.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2018, 06:46:14 PM »

I love baking bread. I don’t do it often since I’m not supposed to eat it.

Kneading dough is peaceful and relaxing. Naturally, the best bread I’ve made is the no-knead variety.

I used to love baking bread.  I think I have done so once since I broke my shoulder.  What is this great no-knead bread?

You barely mix the ingredients together and then let it set for 24 hours, then you bake it in a Dutch oven that's been heated in a 500-degree oven (watch out for the steam when you lift the lid), then you put it back in the oven and bake at high heat for a while, then uncover (more steam) and finish it off. It's got a crust almost as wonderful as a sourdough loaf. 
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2018, 06:47:12 PM »

The hard part is dealing with the Dutch oven. It burned through one of my potholders that was supposedly nuclear proof.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2018, 06:47:30 PM »

And dang, it's just heavy.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2018, 06:53:24 PM »

What is with people these days? My team at work got into trouble last week while I was gone and the whole thing could have been avoided if only the folks had used an ounce of common sense. The new director finishes up orientation tomorrow. I feel sorry for her.
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2018, 06:53:43 PM »

Keith just packed for our trip to the Bar Mitzvah and then to Chicago to see our sons.  I have all of my clothes out ready to pack tomorrow, if they all fit.  I have to check the weather first.  It is not going to be as hot as I expected which means I need to change my clothes.  Shorts and cool tops won't likely be necessary.

Jane

« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2018, 06:54:22 PM »

I am too tired today to think about such minor things ;D

Jane

« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2018, 06:55:42 PM »

Kneading dough is peaceful and relaxing. Naturally, the best bread I’ve made is the no-knead variety.

I used to love baking bread.  I think I have done so once since I broke my shoulder.  What is this great no-knead bread?

You barely mix the ingredients together and then let it set for 24 hours, then you bake it in a Dutch oven that's been heated in a 500-degree oven (watch out for the steam when you lift the lid), then you put it back in the oven and bake at high heat for a while, then uncover (more steam) and finish it off. It's got a crust almost as wonderful as a sourdough loaf. 

It sounds good.  If only I had a Dutch oven.  I think Craig baked something like this and it was good.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2018, 06:56:45 PM »

The hard part is dealing with the Dutch oven. It burned through one of my potholders that was supposedly nuclear proof.

Oh my, not for my delicate hands.  I am serious.  I seem to be rather sensitive to heat and burn easily.  Keith can eat and hold things much hotter than I can tolerate them.

Jane

« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2018, 06:57:15 PM »

What is with people these days? My team at work got into trouble last week while I was gone and the whole thing could have been avoided if only the folks had used an ounce of common sense. The new director finishes up orientation tomorrow. I feel sorry for her.

::)

Vibes for the new director and you!

John G.

« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2018, 07:00:09 PM »

I have just started Jean-Pierre Melville's Two Men in Manhattan, which has a marvelous jazz score. And the restoration is wonderful. New York in black and white from a French eye. Great stuff.

― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2018, 07:07:40 PM »

That sounds so good!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2018, 07:07:54 PM »

:o
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2018, 07:11:26 PM »

Oh my, not for my delicate hands.  I am serious.  I seem to be rather sensitive to heat and burn easily.  Keith can eat and hold things much hotter than I can tolerate them.

So can my mom!  Once not too long ago, she took a plate out of the oven that she had in there to keep it warm and handed it to me and I literally almost dropped it because it was SO HOT!  I can't believe that she could hold it without any potholders or towels or anything!  I was just barely able to set the plate down on her kitchen cart without breaking it (the plate...the cart was pretty safe). :-\

George

« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2018, 07:12:24 PM »

Well, I need to leave work now and walk home.  On a whim, I decided to walk to work today and now need to walk back home because of my morning whim.

Be back later.

John G.

« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2018, 08:11:42 PM »

I'm fading fast.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2018, 08:12:07 PM »

I need to get a few ingredients tomorrow to make some Pineapple, Coconut and Macadamia Nut Bread.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2018, 08:13:15 PM »

Don't know how far I'll get into it, but I've started Don't Look Back, the doc about early Bob Dylan. Exciting performances.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2018, 08:15:11 PM »

In addition to Summer, we have a musical about Cher coming up and a musical about Michael Jackson.

Who else? Neil Diamond, I can see. The Carpenters.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2018, 08:15:37 PM »

Hello, 0 guests.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2018, 08:16:06 PM »

What jukebox musical do you see coming up next?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2018, 08:16:25 PM »

Do you see page four happening soon?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2018, 08:16:39 PM »

What is this page three malarkey?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2018, 08:16:59 PM »

The same malarkey as this post.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2018, 08:17:07 PM »

One more ...
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up