Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: DRAMA 101  (Read 5939 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: DRAMA 101
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2018, 11:49:13 AM »

Three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2018, 11:58:00 AM »

Anyone here read that one? Any good?

John G.

« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2018, 12:01:22 PM »

Very gossipy. Quick read.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2018, 12:46:21 PM »

I got bored with it.  I really liked Lerner's book, The Street Where I Live.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2018, 12:48:01 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - seven and a half hours of sleep - got up at 10:30, did stuff, had telephonic calls, then went and had a late breakfast, picked up a package, dropped Grant at a tire place (he was getting a new tire), and now I'm home and organizing and getting ready for today's rehearsals.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2018, 12:50:31 PM »

As ChasSmith knows, on one of those Remember Facebook pages someone posted a great drive down Hollywood Blvd., identifying the year as 1965.  I watched it and immediately corrected the year, which was 1966, specifically March of 1966 - I know that because it's very simple to identify when certain movies opened, in this case Madame X.  I think he got fooled (the guy who posted) by Thunderball playing at the Chinese, which did come out in 1965 but not until just before Christmas, so in this driving shot it's near the end of its three-month run there.

ChasSmith

« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2018, 01:02:45 PM »

I very fondly remember seeing THUNDERBALL on Christmas Day, in the late afternoon at the newest theater in town, in Plantation, Florida. IMDb says it opened on the 21st in NYC, 22nd in USA. It was my first time to go to a movie on Christmas, and the excitement for the film was palpable, with full houses every showing. My piano teacher and his wife were coming out of the previous showing. Golden age of movie going, man. I never fail to savor this moment in history when watching the film.

Ginny

« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2018, 01:25:46 PM »

Tuesday afternoon greetings!  Rebecca and I met at noon at the public library in Hamilton for the EDUCATED book talk, then went to a new downtown deli for lunch.  I am home now trying to gear myself up to go to the grocery.  We need everything!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2018, 02:48:11 PM »

Andrew Davies has adapted Jane Austen’s short, unfinished novel Sanditon for Masterpiece. It’s longer than his adaptation of War and Peace. 
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2018, 03:20:54 PM »

Well, this is cool!  I just won a free Kindle book from Goodreads.com!  They have regular giveaways and for the first time, I won one!  It's volume 2 of the 3-volume set:  Humans: The Untold Story of Adam and Eve and their Descendants (Volume Two: Mjomba and the Evil Ghost)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 03:53:22 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2018, 03:21:33 PM »

I, of course, did have to buy the other two. ::)

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2018, 03:21:58 PM »

At least those two were each half the cost of the regular price of the one that I got for free! ;D

George

« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2018, 03:23:17 PM »

George

« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2018, 03:39:31 PM »

And certainly, I have no idea if any of the books are any good.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2018, 03:47:21 PM »

Here's a link to the series:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M7RSCF1

Sorry, DR George, but to me it sounds as bad as the awful Clan of the Cave Bear series.  I hope you prove me wrong.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2018, 03:47:51 PM »

I have to catch Thatch and give him his atenelol.

George

« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2018, 04:15:50 PM »

Sorry, DR George, but to me it sounds as bad as the awful Clan of the Cave Bear series.  I hope you prove me wrong.

It might be.  You never know.  Right now, I'm reading the first book in the series, The Expanse, so I need to finish that (and I think something else that's waiting in line) before I can start to read the first book in this new series.

George

« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2018, 04:17:07 PM »

And, even if I paid for what might turn out to be poorly written books, I've gotten so many for free from the library that I don't mind paying a little for some not-so-great books once in a while. ;)

Laura

« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2018, 04:23:22 PM »

Good afternoon.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2018, 04:32:31 PM »

DR JANE those who have the condition have my sympathy and understanding....those who USE the condition as an excuse do not...

What about people who use the condition "grateful dead aunt," I wonder.  :)

;D

Jane

« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2018, 04:39:36 PM »

My neighbor Mark dropped by to tell me he had finally spoken to the idiot on the fifth floor.  The idiot's version is that he went out, got drunk, ordered Chinese food, and became sick so he called his girlfriend, whose apartment he is living while she's staying on Long Island,  She called 911, and when the police showed up at his door, he refused to answer, so they broke in, arrested him and took him away in handcuffs.  He was released at 4:30am.

Since the cop told me it had to do with suicide, Mark and I think he got drunk, called Lisa and threatened to kill himself.  She called 911 and the rest of the story jives.

Either scenario I am having trouble understanding why he was arrested.  It seems they would have taken him to the hospital for observation or left him in the apartment.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2018, 04:40:37 PM »

Mom’s 91st birthday has been ordered. She’s getting chocolate truffles.

Is there a particular brand that she likes?

Jane

« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2018, 04:43:36 PM »

Tuesday afternoon greetings!  Rebecca and I met at noon at the public library in Hamilton for the EDUCATED book talk, then went to a new downtown deli for lunch.  I am home now trying to gear myself up to go to the grocery.  We need everything!

Was an opinion expressed if she was remembering the truth.  Her parents dispute the poor home schooling and use the fact that 3 children of doctorate degrees.  Of course they dispute the other stuff with her brother never happened to her.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2018, 04:45:00 PM »

Well, this is cool!  I just won a free Kindle book from Goodreads.com!  They have regular giveaways and for the first time, I won one!  It's volume 2 of the 3-volume set:  Humans: The Untold Story of Adam and Eve and their Descendants (Volume Two: Mjomba and the Evil Ghost)

Now you need to read it quickly and post a review on Goodreads.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2018, 04:46:56 PM »

LOL  While I liked Clan of the Cave Bear this does look rather bad to me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2018, 04:58:34 PM »

My neighbor Mark dropped by to tell me he had finally spoken to the idiot on the fifth floor.  The idiot's version is that he went out, got drunk, ordered Chinese food, and became sick so he called his girlfriend, whose apartment he is living while she's staying on Long Island,  She called 911, and when the police showed up at his door, he refused to answer, so they broke in, arrested him and took him away in handcuffs.  He was released at 4:30am.

Since the cop told me it had to do with suicide, Mark and I think he got drunk, called Lisa and threatened to kill himself.  She called 911 and the rest of the story jives.

Either scenario I am having trouble understanding why he was arrested.  It seems they would have taken him to the hospital for observation or left him in the apartment.

Maybe because he was inside, wouldn't open the door, and they had to break in to find he was a drunk dumbass for simply not speaking to them?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 06:03:39 PM by elmore3003 »

FJL

« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2018, 05:18:02 PM »

More recovery vibes for DR Druxy!

KevinH

« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2018, 05:23:46 PM »

Hello!

KevinH

« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2018, 05:23:56 PM »

Page 3?