Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE VERY NECESSARY HAIRCUT  (Read 4901 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE VERY NECESSARY HAIRCUT
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2018, 01:07:18 PM »

PAGE FOUR DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2018, 01:08:00 PM »

This is not a good idea.

When you make everybody a "Nazi," then nobody is a Nazi.

How soon we forget.   :(

https://www.broadwayworld.com/los-angeles/article/Zimmerman-Sets-Cast-For-Re-Imagined-THE-DIARY-OF-ANNE-FRANK-in-LA-20180802

I think it's brilliant in the Nazi-Fascist threat this country is currently under.  ICE is no more than Trump's Gestapo.

ICE is not sending people to concentration camps where they are gassed. :(

Not yet.

I don't know how to respond to that remark...so I won't.

At least one immigrant child has died, several have been sexually molested in the current concentration camps, some children in these places have lost parents to deportation and administrative incompetence, people with documentation to stay in this country are being rounded up and deported, and the Nazi wannabe keeps rallying his idiot white trash supporters. Welcome to Berlin 1930.

When you compare what is happening today with people who have entered the USA illegally to the six million who were murdered during the Holocaust, you s**t on their memory.

I don't think I do in the least; but if your sense of humanity only sees the current plight of ICE victims as those "who have entered the USA illegally" then God help you.

Please don't put words in my mouth or question my humanity.

There is a MAJOR difference between detaining people who have entered the country illegally, then deporting them, and detaining 6 million Jews then murdering them.

I totally agree with Jane.  If you want to comment on the subject, write a new play.  Don't pirate a classic.

I doubt if Mr. Frank would approve of what these "artists" are doing.

What the hell are they doing beyond producing the play with a Latino cast? Did I miss something? I've read the article twice now.

As to this classic line There is a MAJOR difference between detaining people who have entered the country illegally, then deporting them, and detaining 6 million Jews then murdering them, you are right. However, many people being deported have legal claims to be here and ICE is ignoring that; soldiers who fought for the USA were promised citizenship and our little Hitler wannabe and his ICE are deporting them. How do we not know Trump's Final Solution isn't already in place? Even Adolph started small.

Are you really suggesting  that Trump has a "Final Solution" ala Hitler?

Are you insane?

I am suggesting it. And I think I'm seeing straighter than you on everything you've posted in this thread.

You've answered my question. 

Well, at least you had questions.  I've had your number for some time.

And you never called?
You can dream…or you can do.

FJL

« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2018, 01:10:02 PM »

Jrand - An attorney on the set!   Sounds almost like a publicity gimmick; couldn't they tell all they need to know from a shooting script?

FJL

« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2018, 01:11:12 PM »

This is in the My Sister Eileen wiki:

In 1953, Joseph A. Fields and Jerome Chodorov adapted their 1940 play for Wonderful Town, with lyrics by Betty Comden and Adolph Green and music by Leonard Bernstein. Its success on Broadway prompted Harry Cohn, head of Columbia Pictures, which had released the 1942 screen adaptation of the play, to seek the film rights to the musical. When they proved to be too costly, he decided to hire Jule Styne and Leo Robin to write a different score. Because the film couldn't bear any resemblance to Wonderful Town, a studio attorney was assigned to make sure there were no similarities between the two. Even the musical numbers had to be positioned at different places in the storyline.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2018, 01:11:49 PM »

Too much me on this page.

I may have you beat.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2018, 01:12:20 PM »

Maybe the studio attorney was the actor who played Bernard in Death of a Salesman?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2018, 01:19:18 PM »

Well, I must be off.  I need to go into work for a little bit, then go to my sister's to help her daughter inject (yes, inject! :-\ ) fluids into one of her cats who's having some health issues.  She was shown how to do it by the vet so that she doesn't have to bring the cat in just for this (and pay for the office visit each time).  She needs to give the fluids every other day for a week or so.  After that, we're going to my parents' for our regular weekly family dinner and get-together.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2018, 02:13:00 PM »

Only two of the kitties at Kittypalooza liked me. Sadly, most of them were unadoptable. Hissing, swatting, and hiding.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2018, 02:13:57 PM »

There was a tiny mama kitty who liked me -- she was probably only six or seven months old. Her kittens were almost as big as she was.

A torbie cat climbed into my lap. Then into Sandra's.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2018, 03:04:49 PM »

Jane

« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2018, 03:09:05 PM »

Well, I must be off.  I need to go into work for a little bit, then go to my sister's to help her daughter inject (yes, inject! :-\ ) fluids into one of her cats who's having some health issues.  She was shown how to do it by the vet so that she doesn't have to bring the cat in just for this (and pay for the office visit each time).  She needs to give the fluids every other day for a week or so.  After that, we're going to my parents' for our regular weekly family dinner and get-together.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

We had to do this for Bogie.  DR Ron was a pro at doing it for his cat and gave me lots of helpful tips.

The cat should be fine with it.   Keith put a hook in the cabinet over the washing machine to hang the liquid bag which made the process easier.

If the liquid squirts through the skin don't freak out. 

Good luck.

Jane

« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2018, 03:09:26 PM »

Only two of the kitties at Kittypalooza liked me. Sadly, most of them were unadoptable. Hissing, swatting, and hiding.

Poor things.

Jane

« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2018, 03:09:55 PM »

There was a tiny mama kitty who liked me -- she was probably only six or seven months old. Her kittens were almost as big as she was.

A torbie cat climbed into my lap. Then into Sandra's.

Awww.

Jane

« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2018, 03:10:58 PM »

DR Laura, no irresistible calico kitty?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2018, 04:14:01 PM »

Lively day here at haineshisway.com.  And I only have one word to add to the discussion: UNDERPANTS!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2018, 04:16:12 PM »

We had a terrific stumble-through - a delight from start to finish.  We did our first Porter show exactly halfway back - our 45th show and it was one of the very few shows I was not that happy with for a variety of reasons.  We have righted all those reasons and this is the Porter show I'm happy with.  The cast is perfect, there were huge laughs, everyone was swooning over the romantic Porter classics, the version of My Heart Belongs to Daddy is, well, I'm not telling until it's done, and the new lyrics for You're the Top got great laughs.

FJL

« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2018, 04:24:53 PM »

Lively day here at haineshisway.com.  And I only have one word to add to the discussion: UNDERPANTS!

A definite wedgie issue.

Jane

« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2018, 04:25:57 PM »

We had a terrific stumble-through - a delight from start to finish.  We did our first Porter show exactly halfway back - our 45th show and it was one of the very few shows I was not that happy with for a variety of reasons.  We have righted all those reasons and this is the Porter show I'm happy with.  The cast is perfect, there were huge laughs, everyone was swooning over the romantic Porter classics, the version of My Heart Belongs to Daddy is, well, I'm not telling until it's done, and the new lyrics for You're the Top got great laughs.

I read that as terrible.  I am very glad it was just me reading too quickly.

Jane

« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2018, 04:41:07 PM »

We met the new neighbors.  They are nice, have a little dog who liked our treats.  The 3 month old baby was sleeping so I didn't get to hold her.

Jane

« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2018, 04:51:29 PM »

I began reading "We Have Always Lived in the Castle" by Shirley Jackson.  I want to return to the book only I have things I must do.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2018, 05:53:11 PM »

Good evening, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #111 on: August 04, 2018, 05:54:21 PM »

Things went well at the winery today. I was asked to serve as the moderator. Lots of people said they were entertained -- and not just by the six glasses of wine in front of them.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #112 on: August 04, 2018, 05:55:02 PM »

Now I'm back to clean the house.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #113 on: August 04, 2018, 05:55:45 PM »

I had dinner and started watching The Visit with Ingrid Bergman and Anthony Quinn.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #114 on: August 04, 2018, 05:56:40 PM »

Wish I were there. Sounds wonderful.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #115 on: August 04, 2018, 06:29:54 PM »

Things went well at the winery today. I was asked to serve as the moderator. Lots of people said they were entertained -- and not just by the six glasses of wine in front of them.

:)

John G.

« Reply #116 on: August 04, 2018, 08:37:40 PM »

Finishing up The Visit. I can see what Fred Ebb saw in the material. But, boy, is this movie lousy despite Ingrid Bergman and Anthony Quinn. Everybody else seemed dubbed and their acting should have been dubbed in addition to their voices.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2018, 08:38:59 PM »

I did manage to get some part of the kitchen cleaned up. And I started listening to The Great Alone from Kristin Hannah in the process. I think this will be an interesting book.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #118 on: August 04, 2018, 08:41:35 PM »

Let's get off this page.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #119 on: August 04, 2018, 08:41:46 PM »

One more ...
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up