Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: BANNOONS, PISGHETTI, AND CINNAMONSCOPE  (Read 3092 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: BANNOONS, PISGHETTI, AND CINNAMONSCOPE
« Reply #150 on: September 15, 2018, 11:59:13 PM »

PAGE SIX DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #151 on: September 16, 2018, 12:00:05 AM »

After dinner, we played Phase 10 and I won!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #152 on: September 16, 2018, 12:01:11 AM »

First time in quite a while...and it's about time, I say!

George

« Reply #153 on: September 16, 2018, 12:07:21 AM »

After dinner and cards, I was going to go home, but on whim, I decided to go see Ruthless again!  Tonight was their closing night and I didn't know if it was sold out, but it wasn't! 

George

« Reply #154 on: September 16, 2018, 12:07:48 AM »

It was still very good and the actress who played Miss Thorn (the teacher in act one) and the reporter (in act two) was still the funniest performer in the show!

George

« Reply #155 on: September 16, 2018, 12:10:07 AM »

My friend Margo saw it earlier in the run and didn't like the actor who played Sylvia.  He was good, but he was VERY definitely a man in drag. ::)

;)

George

« Reply #156 on: September 16, 2018, 12:13:46 AM »

Now, I'm home and will ketchup on all of today's posts.

George

« Reply #157 on: September 16, 2018, 12:18:26 AM »

I think it was DR George who asked, and I forgot to respond...

The reason was not enough qualified people coming out to audition. They couldn’t cast it with just the couple of good ones who showed up.

Three theaters had auditions at the same time, for December shows. I don’t know about the play, but the two musicals had sucky turnout. I think the other musical got enough to build on, but Frog & Toad didn’t, and our director was sticking to the original cast of only five.

That's too bad, but not having the right actors is definitely a good reason not to do a show. :-\

George

« Reply #158 on: September 16, 2018, 12:23:01 AM »

Last night's ushering was a challenge. It lasted seven hours.

Oh, my goodness!  That's a long time!  I've only ushered for that long when a tour came through and had two performances and I chose to usher for both.

George

« Reply #159 on: September 16, 2018, 12:24:37 AM »

We had maybe 300 show up, and the organizers decided that since the event was free, they would treat the audience like dirt. They opened the doors 45 minutes later than they said because they were filming interviews inside the theater.

That's a crappy way to do things!

George

« Reply #160 on: September 16, 2018, 12:25:26 AM »

We were also told the movie was 90 minutes. It was two hours. Then they followed it with an interview with the director. I got to my car by midnight.

Since it was a movie, you'd think that they'd know the correct length.

George

« Reply #161 on: September 16, 2018, 12:27:45 AM »

I don't believe I coughed once last night.  Maybe I can skip the cough medicine tonight.

~~~Continued Recovery and No Coughing Vibes for Jane!!~~~

George

« Reply #162 on: September 16, 2018, 12:29:34 AM »

I woke up so stupid early this morning that I was in a bad mood. So I made pizza. I don't know how those are related, but somehow they are.

Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

George

« Reply #163 on: September 16, 2018, 12:31:23 AM »

Do any of you sell on eBay anymore?  Or buy?
I buy now and then.....but only if it's BUY IT NOW.....I don't bid on stuff.....sometimes I also look on Amazon Marketplace and get it there.....

Me, too.  I rarely bid, either.

George

« Reply #164 on: September 16, 2018, 12:33:12 AM »

And now I shall be on my way to the third performance of BAREFOOT IN THE PARK.

The audience had better by god laugh if they know what's good for them....if they don't behave during Act One....I just won't let the cast do Act Two.....

Just tell them it's an abridged version, that Neil Simon said in his will that act 2 shouldn't be done any more.  Call the actors out for a quick Q&A, then the curtain call. They'll all be thrilled to get home early and think they're part of theater history.

:))
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up