Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: SUPER BOWL SUNDAY  (Read 25633 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:SUPER BOWL SUNDAY
« Reply #210 on: February 06, 2005, 09:35:59 PM »

PHLEGM!

td

• td
« Reply #211 on: February 06, 2005, 09:41:05 PM »

I watched, and not guiltily received pleasure from, EUROTRIP.  It's a cute teen comedy with a heart of gold, and gags that are actually funny.  Not a great award-worthy flick, but, a fun way to avoid the Super Bowl.  I was going to watch THE BOURNE IDENTITY, still, I did get to see the unbilled Matt Damon in EUROTRIP. . .not to mention Lucy Lawless and Joanna Lumley.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #212 on: February 06, 2005, 09:42:16 PM »

My mom was watching the commercials. She says she liked the one about the parachuter.

How about a food report? We had all manner of food at the party. Assorted fruits, vegetables, and dips, ice cream cake, pizza, party mixes, chocolate-covered pretzels, and lots more that I can't remember. And there was some Jello, but no one was touching it.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #213 on: February 06, 2005, 09:44:32 PM »

Hello gang!
I just got back from a retreat and am rested, rejuvenated, and much more appreciative of all the wonderful opportunities and amazing people in my life. (Forgive me if I'm overly touchy feely or emotional.) I am just extremely happy right now. I just wanted to check in since I've been so busy with school and Godspell (Coming up in a week and a half.) and all my various and sundry other responsibilities. I will share a picture of this lovely waterfall we went to that was about a five minute walk from the retreat center in a bit. It was really quite a wonderful weekend. i really, really needed to get away because I have been really stressed these past few weeks.

I am trying to finagle(sp?) my way to New York for Penny O's show, but I just found out today that y grandma is not doing so well. With my uncle facing liver failure and her ill health (She has a mild form of leukemia and just found out three of her vertebrae are fractured from osteoporosis along with many other medical troubles.) I may have to postpone my trip and spend my time and money to go visit them in Minnesota since waiting until summer vacation may be too late. Hopefully everything will work out though and I'll still get to make it to New York.
There is no music without silence, only noise...

Kerry

« Reply #214 on: February 06, 2005, 09:45:33 PM »

Well, what good is Jell-o if you don't get to touch it?!?!?!
I like boat races.

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #215 on: February 06, 2005, 09:47:29 PM »

I also need to ask a favor. A friend has asked me to get a small group together (4 to 8 people) to sing an satb choral piece in memory of the victims of cancer at the local Relay for Life in April. I am having a difficult time thinking of a piece that would be appropriate. Would any of you have any ideas or be able to point me in the right direction? Many thanks for any help!

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #216 on: February 06, 2005, 09:49:12 PM »

an satb

Ahhh you've got to love when you think phonetically! ;D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 09:49:35 PM by Joey »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #217 on: February 06, 2005, 09:54:58 PM »

Good Evening!

Back home in Richmond... This was a loooong day.  I've just finished reading the posts, but I'm a bit too tired for some late-night denizening tonight...

DR Ann - There is nothing wrong with sleeping from 4:00am to 12 noon. ;)

DR Joey - Glad to hear you had a wonderful retreat.  We used to have them in high school - I went a Catholic high school - and we used to go to this beautiful farm about an hour outside of DC.  Sorry to hear about your grandparents' health, but your priorities are well and properly placed.  Family first.  :)

OK... Time for me to hit hay - especially since I think it's already been hitting me...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #218 on: February 06, 2005, 10:04:18 PM »

DRJoey hope your grandmother and uncle get better.  Good vibes from me!

Hmmmmmmm....I am sure there are more musically inclined HHW'ers - but I will just throw out "To Where You Are" by Richard Marx and Linda Thompson that Josh Groban sang on his first CD.

Hmmmmmmmm......MBARNUM maybe they are releasing the TZ DVD's in waves and preparing them that way.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #219 on: February 06, 2005, 10:07:26 PM »

Hmmmmm TWILIGHT ZONE Season Two the Definitive Collection is being released on March 29 - so maybe it is included in those.  You might check an episode guide for the titles of Carolyn and William's episodes.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #220 on: February 06, 2005, 10:11:13 PM »

I'm logey and thinking about popcorn.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #221 on: February 06, 2005, 10:12:18 PM »

I'm trying to watch a Seijun Suzuki film, but I'm having trouble paying attention - no fault of the film.  Perhaps I'll channel surf.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #222 on: February 06, 2005, 10:16:59 PM »

I have school tomorrow, so I'd better go to sleep now so I don't sleep through History class tomorrow. I might miss whatever it is that makes this teacher so exciting.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #223 on: February 06, 2005, 10:26:37 PM »

I meant to say the other night that I’ve been reading the AARP magazine since my Mom started getting it years ago.  I always enjoy it.  When I turn fifty, I will join so I can get it as well.

Danise, I'm only 38 but I've been getting join-up letters for a couple of years now!  Even though they are sending me stuff, I don't think that they'd let me join, yet. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #224 on: February 06, 2005, 10:52:22 PM »

I watched, and not guiltily received pleasure from, EUROTRIP.  It's a cute teen comedy with a heart of gold, and gags that are actually funny.  Not a great award-worthy flick, but, a fun way to avoid the Super Bowl.  I was going to watch THE BOURNE IDENTITY, still, I did get to see the unbilled Matt Damon in EUROTRIP. . .not to mention Lucy Lawless and Joanna Lumley.

I rented "Eurotrip" and enjoyed it, too.  I didn't recognize Lucy Lawless, though.  When I saw her, I knew she looked familiar, but I couldn't think of who she was.  For the longest time the only person that I could think of who it might have been was Maria Shriver!  And I thought, "could that possibly be Mrs. Arnold playing a Madam in a teen flick??"  I actually had to watch the credits to find out!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #225 on: February 06, 2005, 10:59:46 PM »

Well, I spent the entire day in bed...and I wasn't sick.  My housemate had friends over and I just didn't want to be around people that I don't know watching some stupid game that I'm not interested in.  So, I got 10 video tapes that were strewn about my VCRs (shows that I had taped, but hadn't watched yet) and watched seven of those tapes.  I didn't watch every single moment on every tape, I just went through them all to see what I did want to watch and what I could tape over.  I only have three tapes left.  Those shouldn't take too long.

The weird thing is that I've had almost nothing to eat all day and I wasn't hungry (even before I ate dinner).  I had pie for brunch, then two Snickers Marathon bars (sort of in between a regular Snickers candy bar and a power bar-type bar), and then about an hour ago I went to the store to get ingredients for Jane's peanut butter haystacks for a bake sale at work, and I drove through Jack in the Box and got two of their Southwest Chicken Pitas.  I love these.  I just wish that they were cheaper.  $3.49 each is just too much for what you get.  But that's all that I've had all day!  Weird, huh?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #226 on: February 06, 2005, 11:05:33 PM »

I can't concentrate on any more movies.  I channel surfed.  Funny how there isn't one watchable program in over 300 channels.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #227 on: February 06, 2005, 11:07:00 PM »

Oh, and I went to have popcorn and it turns out that I bought Healthy Choice with BUTTER.  Blechhh.  I could smell that phony baloney butter the minute I opened the box and it almost made me vomit on the ground.  I had soup instead.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #228 on: February 06, 2005, 11:24:55 PM »

I forgot - this is The Time of the Wussburger.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #229 on: February 06, 2005, 11:31:10 PM »

Had a swell time at the Superbowl party tonight. I liked a few of the commercials and the food was good. Oh yeah, there was a game of some kind.

Sure hope the phone repairman comes tomorrow morning and the repair is quick and free. Miracles are very slow, although appreciated.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

George

« Reply #230 on: February 06, 2005, 11:31:41 PM »

I don't know why, but this morning, I had this aural craving (if that makes sense) to listen to the soundtrack to "Xanadu" (which I have always loved), so I made MP3 files of the songs and put them on my MP3 player/watch.  Since I was watching videos in bed all day, I didn't listen to it until just now.  I love this recording.  Olivia Newton-John sounds wonderful.  And I love the ELO songs.  Just had to share. ;D

George

« Reply #231 on: February 06, 2005, 11:32:54 PM »

I haven't watched the movie in years, so my opinion of that does not affect my affection for the score. ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: February 06, 2005, 11:33:37 PM »

Sad to be all alone in the world.

PHLEGM!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #233 on: February 06, 2005, 11:34:21 PM »

Less than fifty posts until I reach a rather LARGE plateau.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #234 on: February 06, 2005, 11:53:10 PM »

Has Ann caught up yet?  Apparently not.

Welcome seven GUESTS.  At least our GUESTS aren't WUSSBURGERS.  New notes in six count them six minutes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #235 on: February 06, 2005, 11:58:36 PM »

Very well then.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #236 on: February 06, 2005, 11:58:50 PM »

I shall post the new notes.