Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: ENTER FEBRUARY  (Read 6566 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: ENTER FEBRUARY
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2019, 12:51:21 PM »

PAGE 4
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2019, 12:54:43 PM »

A Very Happy Birthday to Donald Feltham!! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2019, 12:59:23 PM »

On the other hand, Oceania’s Riviera can carry 1,250 passengers, while the Rotterdam holds a maximum of 1,404.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2019, 01:01:02 PM »

Well, I can’t hold this iPad any longer, so I will stop for now.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2019, 01:27:01 PM »

Well, Facebook has blocked me again for 30 days for calling Sarah Huckabee Sanders "lying white trash."  They claim it violates their community standards on hate speech:
To help keep Facebook safe, we sometimes block certain content and actions. If you think we’ve made a mistake, please let us know. While we aren’t able to review individual reports, the feedback you provide will help us improve the ways we keep Facebook safe.

So, I tried to let them know, and wrote: How does "white trash" violate your cockamamie community standards?  I grew up in a white trash family.  Instead of simply saying "you're blocked for 30 days," why don't you lay out the words you've decided violate your delicate sensibilities?

Here's the kicker: because I'm blocked, I cannot send my reply.

That's terrible, Larry! >:(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2019, 01:27:12 PM »

And then this happened:

Great pictures...all of them!

George

« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2019, 01:29:19 PM »

Well, back in August, I contributed to an Indiegogo campaign for a new tablet.  It finally arrived yesterday!  I've been working to set it up and to just get used to it.  The keyboard is the one thing about it that I'd like to change.  I did download a new keyboard.  Now, I just need to figure out how to switch to it.

Intetesting, especially as I have to get a new tablet.

Jane, so far I recommend it.  Mainly for the price.  Even though I got it at an early bird option of $219, the full price is only $269.  And compared to the newest Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 (they both have the exact same hi-def screen and 64GB of internal memory...which is why I really why I wanted this), it's about a third of the price as others for essentially the same thing.  The only drawback is that it can't stream hi-def content.  If you download hi-def files, then those will look beautiful, but for things like Netflix, it can only stream the standard def versions.  You can find out a lot if you read through the early comments of the Indiegogo campaign page, but you have to scroll through a lot of comments to get that far back.  but since I don't have Netflix, it wasn't a concern for me.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2019, 01:33:58 PM »

Pain-free vibes for TCB!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2019, 01:36:04 PM »

Finally reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It’s sweet. Certainly a flipside to my other audiobook, The Plague by Camus.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2019, 01:38:03 PM »

Has anyone seen the movie on Netflix? It’s from Mike Newell, who made Enchanted April and Into the West.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2019, 02:03:18 PM »

Gratuitous Post #100!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2019, 02:34:06 PM »

Cisco Kid and Loesser Revisited arrived in Mooresville today.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2019, 02:35:36 PM »

People need to get more creative with synonyms.  How about "ivory rubbish"?  After all it's a computer searching for set phrases.

A couple of my dimmest in-laws didn't want to use bad words around their daughter, so they used big word.  Till the teacher said she had called a boy in class a "rectal orifice".

Don't say anything bitch, say vixen.  Don't say bastard, say OOW.
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2019, 03:18:33 PM »

Unless you were hunting for one particular item, you could basically see the whole town in about 15 minutes.

I guess the town is not the main attraction for the area.

Jane

« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2019, 03:22:28 PM »

As part the settlement of the water damaged cabin, the ship is offering us a free meal at their onboard Italian restaurant.

Water damage!  :o

I hope you plan to let them know your opinion of the restaurant.

Jane

« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2019, 03:27:01 PM »

Well, back in August, I contributed to an Indiegogo campaign for a new tablet.  It finally arrived yesterday!  I've been working to set it up and to just get used to it.  The keyboard is the one thing about it that I'd like to change.  I did download a new keyboard.  Now, I just need to figure out how to switch to it.

Jane, so far I recommend it.  Mainly for the price.  Even though I got it at an early bird option of $219, the full price is only $269.  And compared to the newest Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 (they both have the exact same hi-def screen and 64GB of internal memory...which is why I really why I wanted this), it's about a third of the price as others for essentially the same thing.  The only drawback is that it can't stream hi-def content.  If you download hi-def files, then those will look beautiful, but for things like Netflix, it can only stream the standard def versions.  You can find out a lot if you read through the early comments of the Indiegogo campaign page, but you have to scroll through a lot of comments to get that far back.  but since I don't have Netflix, it wasn't a concern for me.

You are comparing it to a 10" tablet?  I need an 8" again and I mostly use mine to read on.  I keep the sound turned off, don't watch videos on it very often, and never take photos.  I post and check email & facebook, that is about it.  I read some reviews of tablets and they said the best screen for reading in a bright light is the Samsung tab A (of the small tablets).

Samsung has one option that the iPad doesn't have, something that drives me crazy when I am typing on my phone.  I can go backwards to delete letters but not forward as I can with Samsung.  What about your new tablet?

George

« Reply #106 on: February 01, 2019, 03:56:56 PM »

You are comparing it to a 10" tablet?  I need an 8" again and I mostly use mine to read on.  I keep the sound turned off, don't watch videos on it very often, and never take photos.  I post and check email & facebook, that is about it.  I read some reviews of tablets and they said the best screen for reading in a bright light is the Samsung tab A (of the small tablets).

Samsung has one option that the iPad doesn't have, something that drives me crazy when I am typing on my phone.  I can go backwards to delete letters but not forward as I can with Samsung.  What about your new tablet?

The built-in keyboard on this new Alldocube X tablet doesn't have arrow keys, only a backspace key, which is VERY annoying.  That's why I was looking to see if another keyboard (app?) could be installed.  I didn't get much of a chance to do some research, so hopefully I can find out more this weekend.  Otherwise, I currently have the 10.5" Samsung Tab S, and I really like that, but I wanted more internal memory, so I got this.  But I also really like the arrow keys on my Samsung Tab S. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: February 01, 2019, 04:11:59 PM »

The sitzprobe was a lot of fun, but I did not meet Randy Rainbow.  Maybe next week.

DR Laura, Ben Davis says howdy.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #108 on: February 01, 2019, 04:12:25 PM »

So at work, several of us just got a second monitor.  Why?  I don't know, but we have them.  We could've refused them (a few people did), but I figure, why not.  I'll try it out for a while and see how it goes.  Anyway, here is my new setup:

George

« Reply #109 on: February 01, 2019, 04:18:47 PM »

I’m ushering tonight for a golden oldie: America.

Horse With No Name, The TinMan and, my favorite, Sister GoldenHair.

Tonight, I'm ushering for I Ought To Be In Pictures. :)

George

« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2019, 04:19:07 PM »

Oh my, that was a long one!

Smoke on your pipe and put that in.

I can explain this much: 

This person was clearly based on someone I'd known on a superficial basis some 25 years ago who was blind (bingo!). She was never in music, but she excelled in a high tech fields involving computers and other technology and accessibility. We recently heard that she's been fighting a losing battle with a horrible cancer, and she'd been on my mind.

:(

George

« Reply #111 on: February 01, 2019, 04:19:35 PM »

the Mariner of the Seas has a maxium of 3,807 passengers. The largest Royal Caribbean ship can carry a maximum of 6,080, or almost twice the size.

I've never been on a cruise.  I can't imagine being on a ship that size.

Laura

« Reply #112 on: February 01, 2019, 05:21:32 PM »

Good evening.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Laura

« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2019, 05:21:56 PM »

I'm glad you got to see Ben Davis, Elmore. I hope you said hello for me.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Laura

« Reply #114 on: February 01, 2019, 05:23:00 PM »

I have never been on a cruise. If i did one, I'd do an Alaskan one. But I'm so afraid of running up the on-board bill that i would be afraid to go on a cruise.
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Laura

« Reply #115 on: February 01, 2019, 05:23:33 PM »

I got to see the baby today.  He gives the best smiles. He has learned how to roll over.
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Laura

« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2019, 05:39:00 PM »

I don't have a television, so no, I did not see Donny Osmond last night.
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Jane

« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2019, 06:06:12 PM »

The built-in keyboard on this new Alldocube X tablet doesn't have arrow keys, only a backspace key, which is VERY annoying.  That's why I was looking to see if another keyboard (app?) could be installed.  I didn't get much of a chance to do some research, so hopefully I can find out more this weekend.  Otherwise, I currently have the 10.5" Samsung Tab S, and I really like that, but I wanted more internal memory, so I got this.  But I also really like the arrow keys on my Samsung Tab S. 

Keith likes it on his phone and is annoyed his iPad doesn't have a forward arrow to delete. 

George

« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2019, 06:07:45 PM »

Well, I need to leave work now.  I'm off to usher!

George

« Reply #119 on: February 01, 2019, 06:07:52 PM »

But before I go...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up