Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MUSIC TO FEEL LOGY AND GROSS BY  (Read 5065 times)

KevinH

Re: MUSIC TO FEEL LOGY AND GROSS BY
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2019, 06:17:30 AM »

Good morning!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2019, 06:29:26 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2019, 06:29:45 AM »

Plumbing vibes for Vixmom.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2019, 06:40:56 AM »

Last night I watched my DVR'd episode one of FOSSE/VERDON, then watched episode two "live", but by the second half of that one I was falling asleep so I'll have to rewatch at some point. I agree that it's ludicrous that real dancers weren't cast, but Michelle Williams as Gwen Verdon is such a winner otherwise that you could just call the series VERDON or switch it around to VERDON/FOSSE and it would make sense thus far.

For me, the time jumps in these things often result in an irritating moment of "hmm, now where the F are we?" before I've settled in to the scene taking place. At those times it's a distracting gimmick. But a purely linear presentation wouldn't be so compelling either. How about the writers try meeting us halfway on this kind of thing? Agree about the little ALL THAT JAZZ imitations being excessive, and so amusingly pedestrian in comparison. BK and others have already pointed out the anachronisms, a couple of which are so glaring you have to shake your head. But I'll be sticking with it, just as I did with FEUD. Oy!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2019, 07:16:54 AM »

Great painting of IFM.....one of my favorites from my childhood....even though I saw it first in b/w with lots of commercials....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2019, 07:18:18 AM »

I liked Part Two of F/V more than I liked Part One....and Michelle Williams is growing on me....but I can't take Rockwell as Fosse....

I am trying to find my FOSSE biography....but it seems to have gone missing....it's somewhere.  Perhaps I will look again this afternoon.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2019, 07:35:26 AM »

Home from Radio City and having a little breakfast.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2019, 07:39:27 AM »

I've been reading about the latest episode of The Orville.  Jane (and anyone else who watches it), this article talkes about the episode.  It's meant to be read after watching the episode, so don't read it you don't want to know every little detail about what happens. :)

Review: ‘The Orville’ Dreams About A Better Life In “Sanctuary”.

Thanks for the link.  Before I comment, did you watch the episode yet?

Ginny

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2019, 07:46:53 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  Yesterday I had a long breakfast visit with my friend Rebecca.  Our great nephew J was here for a while in the early evening.  I watched episode 2 of Fosse/Verdon and had to look up some details on line during the commercial breaks.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2019, 07:47:19 AM »

Congratulations to DR TCB on his new home!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2019, 08:57:29 AM »

I enjoyed last week's THE ORVILLE.....it's a preachy show....but it's done well.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2019, 08:58:12 AM »

I am making a chicken pasta salad and after the last disaster of the burning pan, I am watching the boiling breasts more closely.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2019, 08:58:29 AM »

Congrats to DR TCB on his new abode!

Jane

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2019, 09:44:19 AM »

I enjoyed last week's THE ORVILLE.....it's a preachy show....but it's done well.

And done with humor :)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2019, 10:49:12 AM »

This morning, for the first time in weeks, Annabelle ate chicken! I may not have to throw out 40 cans of Fancy Feast after all.

Whew!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2019, 10:49:25 AM »

The waste pipe from my kitchen sink becam uncoupled at some point last nigt

Oh, no!! :o
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2019, 10:49:32 AM »

~~~Clean Up Vibes for Vixmom and Vixdad!!~~~

George

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2019, 10:49:41 AM »

I've been reading about the latest episode of The Orville.  Jane (and anyone else who watches it), this article talkes about the episode.  It's meant to be read after watching the episode, so don't read it you don't want to know every little detail about what happens. :)

Yes, I did.  I don't usually have a problem with spoilers, but the article is all about what happened, so it just wouldn't have made sense if I'd read it before watching.  And since I didn't even come across it until after I'd watched the episode, it was all good.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2019, 12:05:11 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - maybe six hours of sleep and a VERY rough night.  I'm convinced that the matzoh is rancid and that the two bites i had of it did me in, stomach-wise.  I'm a bit better now, but I had to lie very still and take several Pepcids. 

Jane

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2019, 12:12:22 PM »

~~~Clean Up Vibes for Vixmom and Vixdad!!~~~

Ditto!

Jane

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2019, 12:13:57 PM »

Yes, I did.  I don't usually have a problem with spoilers, but the article is all about what happened, so it just wouldn't have made sense if I'd read it before watching.  And since I didn't even come across it until after I'd watched the episode, it was all good.

Potential spoiler:

The article completely missed the humor, especially the part with Dolly Parton.  Otherwise it was good.

Jane

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2019, 12:15:24 PM »

Bruce, are you feeling better?

Jane

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2019, 12:16:16 PM »

When my stomach is upset I often find plain matzoh helps.  I don't think it would help you right now.

George

« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2019, 12:25:28 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - maybe six hours of sleep and a VERY rough night.  I'm convinced that the matzoh is rancid and that the two bites i had of it did me in, stomach-wise.  I'm a bit better now, but I had to lie very still and take several Pepcids. 

Do you still have the receipt?  Sometimes, even if you threw away the bad food, you might be able to get a refund from the store (small consolation to all the crap you've been through).  I've actually been able to do that.  Just a thought. 

George

« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2019, 12:32:11 PM »

Potential spoiler:

The article completely missed the humor, especially the part with Dolly Parton.  Otherwise it was good.

True.  The author did talk about how much the show in general references contemporary (to us) pop culture, but I also found more humor in the episode than the author or the commenters did.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2019, 12:39:26 PM »

My bank called.  The €200 check from Ireland, which I deposited a month ago was returned with this note "We can no longer accept checks drawn on a bank in Ireland less than €500.00."  I betcha the effen bastards running my bank have spent the past weeks suing all the interest they can get out out of it before returning it.

I've sent an email to the RTE asking them how to proceed.  If they'd simply wired the money, there would have been no problem.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2019, 01:04:28 PM »

My bank called.  The €200 check from Ireland, which I deposited a month ago was returned with this note "We can no longer accept checks drawn on a bank in Ireland less than €500.00."  I betcha the effen bastards running my bank have spent the past weeks suing all the interest they can get out out of it before returning it.

I've sent an email to the RTE asking them how to proceed.  If they'd simply wired the money, there would have been no problem.

That's terrible! >:(

George

« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2019, 01:04:42 PM »

And why couldn't they have told you this sooner?? :-\

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2019, 01:17:49 PM »

I have the box of matzohs and I'm definitely taking them back there so they can smell them. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2019, 01:20:39 PM »

I'm feeling okay now - not ready to eat anything - maybe in an hour or so.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up