Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE COUGHERS  (Read 4349 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE COUGHERS
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2019, 10:45:36 AM »

And now, it's Page Three!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2019, 10:45:47 AM »

Congrats to DR jan on her milestone.  Speaking of which, it looks like I have one coming up.  Of course, it's very modest considering I've been posting about 10 years.

Kevin, a milestone is a milestone!  Celebrate them all, I say! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2019, 10:46:00 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  I've going as a guest today to a book group based at a local country club (of which we're not members).  The book we're discussing is The Widows by Jess Montgomery and the author is joining us.

That's pretty cool, Ginny!  Hope you enjoy!

George

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2019, 10:46:42 AM »

Last night on HBO was the first episode of the miniseries GENTLEMAN JACK.....it just happened to come on at the right time....I watched it.

Most entertaining - very good show....if someone has HBO and is looking for something to watch.

Oh, I've seen previews and I want to watch that. :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2019, 11:44:59 AM »

I had a major breakthrough with little Thatch this morning which was quite wonderful.  The Thatch in the stories is not the actual Thatch at all, more my wishful projection, but he becomes more trusting and less paranoid daily.  I did develop a headache this morning, so I took some Tylenol and lay down for a bit.  Thatch joined me, and the longer we lay there, the more curious about me he became.  He started climbing and walking over over me as he would get on and off the bed.  I think he wanted to sleep in the cat tree, but Annabelle has appropriated it today.  He would occasionally walk to the foot of the bed just  to see if she were still there.  Usually, she's up in the book cases.  Then he'd wander about, come back and lie down with me.

Around 1:15, he started his perambulations again, climbed up on my chest, and then lay down on it.  He stayed there for maybe ten minutes when he rose, continued his walk off my chest, and plopped down in the space between my right arm and my chest.  He curled up, decided he liked it, and then spect the next 15 minutes or so grooming himself there.  He's usually so frightened of  anyone getting too close to him, much as he craves the affection, that he likes to be petted but not enclosed.  This is good.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2019, 11:46:34 AM »

Then I had a good email from the State University of New York (SUNY) in New Paltz, and I called Joshie so we can plan our trip there for this Friday.  Too much excitement today!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2019, 12:11:12 PM »

No check again today.  Dammit dammit dammit!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2019, 12:30:21 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - nine hours of needed sleep.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2019, 12:31:41 PM »

Weird dreams, and the last dream kept looping, which was even weirder.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2019, 12:32:18 PM »

I'd already decided what I'd do for food today but as usually happens, now it doesn't sound appealing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2019, 12:32:55 PM »

I hope dear readers, George is enjoying his return trip to the Magic Castle.

George

« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2019, 12:44:39 PM »

I hope dear readers, George is enjoying his return trip to the Magic Castle.

Definitely am.  Then, it'll be more fresh in my mind for a proper review...finally. ;)

George

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2019, 12:44:56 PM »

I had a major breakthrough with little Thatch this morning which was quite wonderful.  The Thatch in the stories is not the actual Thatch at all, more my wishful projection, but he becomes more trusting and less paranoid daily.  I did develop a headache this morning, so I took some Tylenol and lay down for a bit.  Thatch joined me, and the longer we lay there, the more curious about me he became.  He started climbing and walking over over me as he would get on and off the bed.  I think he wanted to sleep in the cat tree, but Annabelle has appropriated it today.  He would occasionally walk to the foot of the bed just  to see if she were still there.  Usually, she's up in the book cases.  Then he'd wander about, come back and lie down with me.

Around 1:15, he started his perambulations again, climbed up on my chest, and then lay down on it.  He stayed there for maybe ten minutes when he rose, continued his walk off my chest, and plopped down in the space between my right arm and my chest.  He curled up, decided he liked it, and then spect the next 15 minutes or so grooming himself there.  He's usually so frightened of  anyone getting too close to him, much as he craves the affection, that he likes to be petted but not enclosed.  This is good.

That's so sweet, Larry!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2019, 01:11:37 PM »

That's so sweet, Larry!

He gets friendlier and Annabelle gets more eccentric.  About 3:00, she decided to get out of the cat tree, and she started pestering me about dinner.  At 3:45, when I fed them, she was up in her bookcase throne - I put a pillow up there for her comfort - and refused to come down.  Thatch ate her dinner as well as his.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2019, 01:16:33 PM »

I have to get used to this new ring tone on the new iPhone.  It's very weird.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2019, 01:19:27 PM »

So, the phone rang and the read out was: AT&T Fraud Alert - this is new, but very good - they're alerting you that the number calling in has been flagged as fraud.  So, I answered it and the woman started in "Breast cancer foundation" blah, blah, blah.  I interrupted her and said, "Really.  That's funny because the read out on my phone says FRAUD ALERT.  She retorted with, "Well, you can believe that or believe me."  I shot back, "I'll believe that." As I was hanging up I heard her say, "Well, God bless you and have a nice day."  Uh huh.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2019, 02:12:43 PM »

Love the Thatch story.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2019, 02:12:57 PM »

God Bless you and have nice

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2019, 03:29:03 PM »

Back from picking up packages, no mail, and then I decided to eat what I'd originally planned, so went to Gelson's for a cube steak, which I'm cooking with asparagus, onions, and mushrooms.  Entire calories count for this is under 700.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2019, 04:01:20 PM »

My sister and her husband mowed my lawn today.....it looks very nice.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2019, 04:05:34 PM »

I'm very full now - cube steak was excellent and the sauteed mushrooms, onions, and asparagus were also good.  Very filling and only 700 calories.  I have some cantalope for later.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2019, 04:14:42 PM »

Last night on HBO was the first episode of the miniseries GENTLEMAN JACK.....it just happened to come on at the right time....I watched it.

Most entertaining - very good show....if someone has HBO and is looking for something to watch.

Oh, I've seen previews and I want to watch that. :)

We don't get HBO.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2019, 04:15:59 PM »

Aww, very nice Larry.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2019, 04:16:41 PM »

No check again today.  Dammit dammit dammit!

I am sorry.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2019, 04:17:41 PM »

I have to get used to this new ring tone on the new iPhone.  It's very weird.

You can change the ring tone ;)

Jane

« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2019, 04:18:45 PM »

My sister and her husband mowed my lawn today.....it looks very nice.

That was nice of them.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2019, 04:29:06 PM »

What is this page three malarky?

Jane

« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2019, 04:59:23 PM »

When I cough in a theater it is because I cannot control my cough.  If I suspect the possibility of coughing I will have a cough drop or two unwrapped in case I need them.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2019, 05:00:14 PM »

The most annoying people are the talkers.  Embarrassing is when a talker is your friend you have gone to the theater with.

Jane

« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2019, 05:00:43 PM »

The worst people are those that angrily yell back when you ask them to please be quiet.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up