Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: A DAY EARLY  (Read 3156 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
A DAY EARLY
« on: May 31, 2019, 12:14:43 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were not a day early, and now it is time for you to post until the day early cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: A DAY EARLY
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 12:15:42 AM »

And the word of the day is: PERSIFLAGE!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 12:24:38 AM »

First post after BK.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 12:25:38 AM »

Now, I will say good night.

Good night.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 12:25:52 AM »

First post after Tom's first two posts.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 12:26:30 AM »

~~~Excellent Preventative Vibes and Xylophones for BK!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2019, 12:29:10 AM »

Good night, Tom.

George

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2019, 01:22:39 AM »

And now, I'm off.

Have a good day, all!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2019, 04:48:27 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2019, 04:49:07 AM »

I must remember to go to the new building today when I get to work.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2019, 04:49:47 AM »

Thunderstorms through the night. Sleep was a little too shallow.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2019, 04:50:39 AM »

TCB, are you feeling any better about the move? Or is it too soon?
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2019, 04:55:21 AM »

I am pleased to announce that the audio edition of my one-person play, CLIFTON WEBB is now available for download via audible.com, Amazon and iTunes.

John Boulanger
is magnificent as the late stage and screen actor, who starred in such classic films as LAURA, SITTING PRETTY, TITANIC (1953), STARS AND STRIPES FOREVER and THREE COINS IN THE FOUNTAIN

The radio show-like audio production is enhanced with music and sound effects.

https://www.amazon.com/Clifton-Webb-One-Person-Play-Acts/dp/B07SH1NCG5/ref=tmm_aud_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1552167264&sr=1-1-fkmrnull
You can dream…or you can do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2019, 05:25:24 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2019, 05:27:03 AM »

This was my first chance this week to catch up on sleep, and I sorta did, but two cats and a kitten don't make it easy.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2019, 05:30:10 AM »

I will spend this morning and tomorrow tidying up the apartment, which needs it badly.  This afternoon I will head over to the 92nd Street Y for the dress rehearsal.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2019, 05:34:06 AM »

Tomorrow I hope to start pulling  books I no longer need.  I've got six cartons waiting for them.  Since my last vacuum cleaner died, I've been way too casual making do with the dust buster.  When the 92nd Street Y money arrives, I'm getting a new vacuum and a new pair of glasses.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2019, 06:49:11 AM »

DR JohnG, I haven't seen South Pacific since I was 13 or so.  I loved it then, so I should watch it again.  I remember weeping profusely through the last half hour of the film.

Now I'm going to hop on my soap box for a minute since the continual sniggering comments about bare-chested men in a Josh Logan film or show on Facebook drive me mad.  I have much respect for him as a writer and director, and clearly many did because his prolific career proves it.  Reducing his work to undressed men - yes, he was bisexual but his main preference in a closeted period of time was for men - denigrates much of his good work.  And I know he made some lousy films, but I sure love his Picnic, Bus Stop, Fanny, and Mr Roberts.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2019, 07:00:35 AM »

No sickness vibes for MR BK.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2019, 07:01:10 AM »

GOOD GRIEF!!!

DR JANE I am sorry I mislabeled the picture.....I was doing several things at once and I should NOT multitask......

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2019, 07:01:47 AM »

I watched Morituri a couple of times.....I don't think I saw it all the way through either time....but Marlon Brando is always nice to see....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2019, 07:03:29 AM »

We have a new JUDY in Send Me No Flowers.....our Judy got a paying gig at a theatre in a nearby town.

Unfortunately our old Judy was way too young for our George....and our New Judy is ten years younger than SHE is....

We shall see what happens....I'm just here to sell cemetery plots.

However the director did decide to use Doris singing the title song as the tag of the show going into the bows.

John G.

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2019, 07:31:55 AM »

DR JohnG, I haven't seen South Pacific since I was 13 or so.  I loved it then, so I should watch it again.  I remember weeping profusely through the last half hour of the film.

Now I'm going to hop on my soap box for a minute since the continual sniggering comments about bare-chested men in a Josh Logan film or show on Facebook drive me mad.  I have much respect for him as a writer and director, and clearly many did because his prolific career proves it.  Reducing his work to undressed men - yes, he was bisexual but his main preference in a closeted period of time was for men - denigrates much of his good work.  And I know he made some lousy films, but I sure love his Picnic, Bus Stop, Fanny, and Mr Roberts.

I got teary near the end, too.

I like much of Logan’s work in films (not Camelot), and it was a thrill meeting him at your alma mater, when he came to the area for a speech.

My comment of the beefcake was precisely because of what you said. Everyone talks about it, even harps about it, and so what? The movie was still good. In the next few weeks, I‘ll watch the edited version, which loses the intermission plus.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2019, 07:38:10 AM »

I heard from Rob Berman.  Rehearsal at 1:00 so I'll leave here at noon.

ChasSmith

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2019, 08:14:43 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2019, 08:15:18 AM »

Late one for me this time. Just been lazing around enjoying a very slow start to the day.

KevinH

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2019, 08:17:05 AM »

Good morning!

ChasSmith

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2019, 08:20:46 AM »

This evening I'm dropping by the Bedford Playhouse to hear a musician friend play and sing Elton John songs in conjunction with the ROCKETMAN movie playing afterward. But I'll only be there to hear his music, then I'm off to another town and another theater where a director friend's production of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest is opening.

Betwixt now and then, I'll just be relaxing - and brushing up on Disaster! which rehearses on Sunday.

Ginny

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2019, 08:25:13 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  After 3 days of car logistics - mine Tuesday and Thursday and Rob's on Wednesday - Richard and I are enjoying a slow start today.  Nothing was life-threatening or bad, just things that had to be done that required some mental exertion and a bit of driving.  All is settled now and my new car is all mine.  Thanks for all the good wishes in that regard!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2019, 08:28:35 AM »

The South Pacific movie was a monumental thing for me in my pre-teen and teen years.

I didn't know from Josh Logan back in those days, but I'm one of the apparent few who always loved his color hues in the film. At one point (way before home video) when I hadn't seen it in many years, and then saw a revival, I felt that I recognized every shading in certain scenes. If they'd ever been successful in removing those, I can only imagine I'd find it quite flat in those moments. But who knows.

As for the roadshow version, I believe I only watched that once when the first 2-disc DVD set came out, and I barely remember any of the differences now. Must go back to that. It actually seems a bit strange that I wouldn't have immediately embraced that, but for one thing, unlike the general release version it was never restored to any degree and it isn't even in HD on the Blu-ray. Maybe that's why. Because the theatrical version in HD is one of the glories of home video. It's simply spectacular.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up