Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: GOOD REPORTAGE FOR THE ANNUAL TONY AWARDS BASH  (Read 3693 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: GOOD REPORTAGE FOR THE ANNUAL TONY AWARDS BASH
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2019, 05:55:56 AM »

I was happy for Bryan Cranston, but sorry that Paddy Considine lost.  I was, however, not sorry to see Jeff Daniels, one of the most unpleasant people I've ever come across in two encounters, lose, and I'n still puzzled that Adam Guettel was nominated for Best Score for incidental music, which includes Elmer Bernstein's film theme, I believe.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 06:35:48 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2019, 05:56:44 AM »

I guess I should get up and begin my day.  Maybe I can nap on the train as I do not want to fall asleep tonight.  I shouldn't as long as I can hear well enough.  I believe William Shatner will be interesting.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2019, 05:56:50 AM »

Page 2 Dance!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2019, 05:57:40 AM »

Since I slept in, I mist get my act together begin my day.  Annabelle wantrs to patrol.

FJL

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2019, 06:00:47 AM »

I was happy for Bryan Cranston, but sorry that Paddy Considine lost.  I was, however, not sorry to see Jeff Daniels, one of the most unpleasant people I've ever come across in two encounters, lose, and I'n still puzzled that Adam Guettel was nominated for Best Score doe incidental music, which includes Elmer Bernstein's film theme, I believe.

There was a show called "Enron" some time back that had just four songs, but got a Best Score nomination.

FJL

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2019, 06:09:19 AM »

I'm being taken to a preview of Moulin Rouge at the end of June, and I hope I enjoy it.  It will be good to see a couple of friends in it.

It was very exciting in Boston, (even though other than the ushers, I was one of three people over 50 in the whole downstairs.). The glamorous couple next to me had bought one of the full champagne bottles, and when we chatted, they were sweet enough to offer me some and very careful not to spill any of it.  (Yes, they had extra cups!!!!) I definitely felt like Grandpa talking to them and also chatting at the stage door.

This was my tribute to the pretty amazing use of the pop songs in the show.   (Satine's first full number was the Katy Perry song "Firework.")

"FIREWORK, MOULIN ROUGE VERSION" Parody-Tribute
YouTube link is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNGZJrX81zc

« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 06:12:16 AM by FJL »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2019, 06:44:19 AM »

Monday.....tonight we were to have our full cast run through with The Doctor and Vito the Sexy Boy From the Cleaners.....they are working backstage on SHE LOVES ME....and they will be there, but our new leading lady will be out.

So there you are....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2019, 06:45:02 AM »

I liked a few of the speeches on the Tony Awards last night, but my favorite speech AND moment was Miss Elaine May....

THE END.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2019, 06:45:52 AM »

I agree with DR CHAS SMITH about the sketches and songs and songs and sketches and James Cordon.....who truly thinks it's all about HIM.

Please CBS.....PLEASE....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2019, 06:46:35 AM »

I was going to post something else....but I won't.....it is what it is.

There is NO show that is good enough to survive a boneheaded director's concept....

Ginny

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2019, 07:32:36 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  I have a surprisingly quiet week ahead, which is a good thing.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2019, 07:36:18 AM »

Maybe it's my mood, but last night's Tony broadcast was a big MEH for me.  The shows don't appeal to me and James Cordon is way overdone.  I've loved his Carpool Karaoke segments and I appreciate his love for Broadway, but last night was very disappointing.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2019, 07:46:06 AM »

Whether you are a fan of Be More Chill or not, and I know little about it beyond the fact that my friend Chase is its choreographer, CBS really screwed the show by telling the producers there was no time for them to do a number, and then using one of its songs with parody lyrics - and giving the show no credit - for the show's needless bathroom sketch so Josh Groban could have a moment.  This is outrageous.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 07:48:26 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2019, 07:49:53 AM »

I may not be giving an accurate picture of what actually happened to Be More Chill, but this ius my understanding from what I've been told.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2019, 08:45:02 AM »

I have begun the takedown of Stella's cage.  The little litter box that once was Thatch's has been cleaned with Pine Sol and now is drying in the bathroom.  Once the cage is broken down, I'll wash the bottom tray and then find a place to keep it.  I really won't need it again, but I don't want to toss it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2019, 08:47:06 AM »

My HMO just provided me with discount places for new glasses, so tomorrow on my way back from my podiatrist's appointment, I will pay some calls.  One is three blocks away; the other, six blocks.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2019, 09:35:43 AM »

Stella's cage has been taken down, and she is now an official resident of 202 West 82.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2019, 09:35:44 AM »

I didn't know that song was from BE MORE CHILL.....or at least the tune....but it was kind of useless....as were ALL of the numbers NOT from shows.....

Jane

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2019, 09:36:19 AM »

We are on the train to a Seattle.  I wish I had worn something warmer as I am very cold. Otherwise it is kinda of nice vs driving.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2019, 09:36:22 AM »

Is there a REASON that Ado Annie was wearing Daisy Dukes and a tank top?

Jane

« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2019, 09:37:05 AM »

The motion is bothering me so....

Laters

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2019, 09:53:16 AM »

I've decided to give her cage away.  I do not think I will need it again so I posted a notice on Facebook.  One of my rescue groups may need it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2019, 09:56:01 AM »

I didn't know that song was from BE MORE CHILL.....or at least the tune....but it was kind of useless....as were ALL of the numbers NOT from shows.....

I don't think Be More Chill is a show I will ever see - I'm over angst-ridden teenagers - but it would have been good for Chase and the production to have been seen, not fucked over,

FJL

« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2019, 10:14:34 AM »

I don't think Be More Chill is a show I will ever see - I'm over angst-ridden teenagers - but it would have been good for Chase and the production to have been seen, not fucked over,

The producers of the show are the f---s, along with  their evil lying lawyer Elliot Brown who I call "Nazio Elliot Brown."  They are in goose-step with him.(*)    He is helping my sister-in-law's lawyer in her weird quest to dislodge me as executor over a huge estate that is not her money.

But I'd hope for all the artists to have success.

Did the producers offer to pay the 200,000 for a spot, and they were denied?

(*). they are the springtime for Hitler producers, and law firm.  Hence the metaphor. :).
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 10:39:55 AM by FJL »

FJL

« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2019, 10:20:36 AM »

I really like Joe Iconis' work  as an artist. Chase Brock is continuing on his ascenddancy, and I bet this will last on video if the production wants. 

Joe Iconis seems very happy about it on his twitter. 

FJL

« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2019, 10:22:45 AM »

Of course, when a bit comes off great, that's great, and everyone loves everyone - with those 3 name stars ant the Neil Patrick Harris cameo, this COULD go viral worldwide.  (Or not, based on effort made.)

when number  seems to not come together, it's at times Better if it had never been done, of course.  Was it that bad?  I knew the REAL song too well to ever feel anything but love for the song.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 10:37:37 AM by FJL »

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2019, 10:30:48 AM »

I too wonder if Be More Chill didn’t want to pay for the segment.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2019, 10:31:21 AM »

I haven’t had time to watch any highlights yet.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2019, 10:35:37 AM »

Am I right about the $200,000 fee to be paid TO the Tonys show to be on the Tonys?I heard that On TV, but am not finding the amount online.

They've had weeks under 450,000.  200,000 would be a large amount to pay when the only nomination was the score.

John G.

« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2019, 10:44:40 AM »

Ryan Murphy is said to be producing a film version of The Prom for Netflix.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up