Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE IMPORTANT DISCOVERY  (Read 3681 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE IMPORTANT DISCOVERY
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2019, 12:49:53 PM »

Site was being slow as molasses - I reported the problem - now it's fine.

Ginny

« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2019, 01:07:26 PM »

Tuesday afternoon greetings!  Richard accompanied me to my 10:30am appointment with our eye doctor, which was a good thing because my eyes were dilated.  Everything checked out fine internally and Jerri, my favorite optician, is trying to find a replacement frame for the sunglasses lenses that, miraculously, did not break.

We then dropped off some mail at Rob and Mary Linda’s, went to lunch, and grocery shopped.  Richard is doing laundry and I have collapsed.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2019, 01:24:44 PM »

Topic of the Day:  packaged (cook on the stove) chocolate, banana and butterscotch were pretty much the kinds we had.  I didn't discover tapioca or bread pudding until I was an adult.  The first few times that I had seen bread pudding on a menu, those versions had raisins, which I detested.  Now, I tolerate raisins, but don't want them in my bread pudding (which I have come to love).  I don't like rice pudding.  I always expect the texture to be like tapioca (which I also now love) and it's not, so I don't like it. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2019, 01:25:04 PM »

Speaking of Moonshine and Mistletoe, there are rumors of a 2019 holiday production.  I'm hoping!

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2019, 01:25:22 PM »

DR George I enjoyed your photos.

Thanks, Jane!

George

« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2019, 01:26:23 PM »

The sound person is making tons of mistakes and is a very loud obnoxious fool.....they announced tonight that mike check will be at a particular time and if someone isn't there - too bad - it will be done without that person and who cares if the microphone doesn't work....not them!

Which doesn't really even begin to describe the hatefulness of this person.

Our transgender man has told me that he wants to audition for Hal in PICNIC and I told him that honestly I did not think that he would fit the part.....not the least of it is because Hal appears shirtless in a couple of scenes.  I didn't mention their lack of acting talent....

Said person also told me that PICNIC is okay - but they have a lot of problems with it.....which made me want to ask "Where is YOUR Pulitzer?"  But I didn't.

Sometimes my restraint surprises even me.

Lack of acting talent is a good reason to not be considered for a part.  Hopefully in the future, being trans won't be a reason for him not to be considered for a part at all.  When Theater Artists Olympia did The Brain From Planet X, one of the guys in the gold lame bathing suit scene was a trans man.  He went shirtless (and stuffed his shorts) and no one had a problem with it.  On the other hand, the other guy was a cis-gendered man and had to stuff his shorts, too. ;)

George

« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2019, 01:26:35 PM »

Several days ago, following twenty-four and a half (count 'em) years of service, the handle on my LA-Z-BOY recliner broke in half. Repetitive stress injury! I actually found the purchase receipt for it, and took that and the piece o' handle into their local store to see how to go about getting the handle replaced. It's one of their big stores, but they don't stock parts like that, so I was directed to call their "Comfort Care" line.

I first checked online to see where replacement handles can be had, and a number of them are listed on Amazon in the amount of $18 and thereabouts. The little cynical devil on my shoulder told me the manufacturer of the name brand would overcharge, and I procrastinated for a few days. Finally decided to give them a try, and just got off the phone with them with a replacement handle on the way. Turns out that's covered under a lifetime warranty that I didn't know or didn't remember I had. Of course there's a handling charge of $13.99, but look how good I did at not ordering one elsewhere for more. Right?

I was shocked, shocked, to hear that this chair could still be under warranty, and the girl said anything going back to 1992, or just after 1992, has that. So isn't that a nice thing? And how nice to know I've got exactly the right one coming. They took every number I had, including one I had to turn the chair over to find. Anyone who has a LA-Z-BOY chair should find a card attached underneath (or possibly underneath the foot rest) and file that away. Mine was getting chewed up, but the important number was fine. Lesson learned. Keep this stuff.

Amazing!  I keep a few important papers, but not everything. ::)

;)

George

« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2019, 01:26:45 PM »

No check, but I did receive the referral from my HMO to see an ENT, Dr Natasha Keenan Priest, about this nose-sinus issue.   I called to make an appointment, and they have an opening tomorrow morning.  Usually I have to wait 4-6 weeks to get an appointment.

Congrats & good luck!

Ditto and Ditto!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2019, 01:49:48 PM »

I was trying to make it clear that the transgender issue was NOT the reason they would not be cast.....at the present time they are still definitely female in form and therefore could NOT appear as a male onstage without a shirt....and then there is the question of the acting....big problems even with the small parts in the current play....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2019, 02:37:26 PM »

Last night I read an interesting article in ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY about the unsolved murder of actor, David Bacon, back in 1943.  Since DR Druxy wrote such an incredible book about the murder of William Desmond Taylor ( MURDER IN BABYLON), perhaps he would like to tackle the Bacon murder next!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2019, 03:08:03 PM »

I make a pretty darn good bread pudding from stale donuts. With a rummy hard sauce.

Hmmm, I would eat that ;)

Jane

« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2019, 03:08:27 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - I've mostly been up with a terrible tummy - maybe I got four or five hours of sleep somehow, but blecch.  I shan't be eating anything today.  Whether it was the bread pudding or the pastrami, clearly something was rotten in Denmark.

Feel better soon.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2019, 03:09:23 PM »

Tuesday afternoon greetings!  Richard accompanied me to my 10:30am appointment with our eye doctor, which was a good thing because my eyes were dilated.  Everything checked out fine internally and Jerri, my favorite optician, is trying to find a replacement frame for the sunglasses lenses that, miraculously, did not break.

We then dropped off some mail at Rob and Mary Linda’s, went to lunch, and grocery shopped.  Richard is doing laundry and I have collapsed.

Good news your eyes are fine.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2019, 03:10:16 PM »

Topic of the Day:  packaged (cook on the stove) chocolate, banana and butterscotch were pretty much the kinds we had.  I didn't discover tapioca or bread pudding until I was an adult.  The first few times that I had seen bread pudding on a menu, those versions had raisins, which I detested.  Now, I tolerate raisins, but don't want them in my bread pudding (which I have come to love).  I don't like rice pudding.  I always expect the texture to be like tapioca (which I also now love) and it's not, so I don't like it. 

It was funny reading this perfect example of how our tastes can develop & change.

Jane

« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2019, 03:11:42 PM »

The sound person is making tons of mistakes and is a very loud obnoxious fool.....they announced tonight that mike check will be at a particular time and if someone isn't there - too bad - it will be done without that person and who cares if the microphone doesn't work....not them!

Which doesn't really even begin to describe the hatefulness of this person.

Our transgender man has told me that he wants to audition for Hal in PICNIC and I told him that honestly I did not think that he would fit the part.....not the least of it is because Hal appears shirtless in a couple of scenes.  I didn't mention their lack of acting talent....

Said person also told me that PICNIC is okay - but they have a lot of problems with it.....which made me want to ask "Where is YOUR Pulitzer?"  But I didn't.

Sometimes my restraint surprises even me.

Lack of acting talent is a good reason to not be considered for a part.  Hopefully in the future, being trans won't be a reason for him not to be considered for a part at all.  When Theater Artists Olympia did The Brain From Planet X, one of the guys in the gold lame bathing suit scene was a trans man.  He went shirtless (and stuffed his shorts) and no one had a problem with it.  On the other hand, the other guy was a cis-gendered man and had to stuff his shorts, too. ;)

First laughing that I had to look up cis-gendered, then laughing at your comment.

George

« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2019, 03:12:06 PM »

I was trying to make it clear that the transgender issue was NOT the reason they would not be cast.....at the present time they are still definitely female in form and therefore could NOT appear as a male onstage without a shirt....and then there is the question of the acting....big problems even with the small parts in the current play....

Ahh...if the person is still physically female, that is definitely a justification against a male role.  AND if they're not a good actor on top of that, well then there's really not much hope, is there. ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2019, 03:53:55 PM »

Back from picking up a package and some banking.  Just resting until I have to go see a reading of some thing I'd prefer not to see.  And tomorrow I have to go to an after the funeral thing for Sami's grandma, who passed away a couple of days ago after a battle with cancer, although I don't think that's what got her - she was eighty-something. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2019, 03:54:53 PM »

Have not had food yet.  Tummy is certainly not up to snuff yet.  If it is later, I'll have something after the show, but mild - white rice perhaps, or poached eggs.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2019, 03:56:40 PM »

I make a pretty darn good bread pudding from stale donuts. With a rummy hard sauce.

I’m surprised this posted. It was when the site was acting all wonky.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2019, 03:58:18 PM »

Pot de creme is a fancy word for upscale pudding. My chocolate version is mighty fine. Cream, eggs, dark chocolate and sugar.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2019, 04:57:22 PM »

I’m surprised this posted. It was when the site was acting all wonky.

LOL My post or yours.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2019, 04:57:49 PM »

Mine maybe as it took two attempts to post.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2019, 04:59:01 PM »

Sitting here like so much fish.  All songs chosen.  Because she's so quirky, I gave our new girl my song, A Slight Neurotic.  I wasn't intending to do any more me songs, but I knew she'd respond to it, which she did - strongly.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2019, 05:34:45 PM »

:D

Jane

« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2019, 05:38:42 PM »

The body found in the river outside of us is indeed the missing man.  While heartbreaking at least his family can stop searching for him.  If I see any missing posters still up tomorrow I will pull them down.

George

« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2019, 05:58:32 PM »

Back from picking up a package and some banking.  Just resting until I have to go see a reading of some thing I'd prefer not to see.  And tomorrow I have to go to an after the funeral thing for Sami's grandma, who passed away a couple of days ago after a battle with cancer, although I don't think that's what got her - she was eighty-something. 

My condolences to Sami and her family. :(

Jane

« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2019, 06:39:42 PM »

Yes, condolences to the family.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2019, 06:51:51 PM »

I shall shortly be on my way to see a reading that I'd rather not see, but sometimes you got to do what you got to do.

George

« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2019, 07:33:08 PM »

Well, I need to leave work and head home.

Be back later.

George

« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2019, 07:33:23 PM »

But first...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up