Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP RIP  (Read 3829 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: RIP RIP
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2019, 12:52:29 PM »

PAGE THREE

My question for ASK BK DAY:

When you were being sent on jobs for shows and commercials who were the other actors who were considered "your type" that you might see at these calls and auditions?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2019, 12:56:59 PM »

I've been home for nearly two hours.  How To Succeed . . . is finally finished, and I hope we can invoice by the end of the week.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2019, 12:59:45 PM »

Dr Keenan gave me a prescription for an intense nose spray that is not in my HMO's "approved" drugs, so we had to get their approval, which arrived on Saturday.   My copay on the prescription is $278.00!  I feel like that poor man who died from diabetes because of the cost of insulin.  I don't think I'll be getting it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2019, 01:00:57 PM »

I'll learn to live with polyps, and the good thing is, if I need surgery, the HMO will pay for it all.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 01:13:48 PM by elmore3003 »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2019, 01:14:43 PM »

Money vibes and selling the damn property vibes for DR ELMORE.

DITTO & DITTO!

Jane

« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2019, 01:15:26 PM »

I've been home for nearly two hours.  How To Succeed . . . is finally finished, and I hope we can invoice by the end of the week.

Receiving your check in a timely matter vibes!

Jane

« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2019, 01:17:23 PM »

Dr Keenan gave me a prescription for an intense nose spray that is not in my HMO's "approved" drugs, so we had to get their approval, which arrived on Saturday.   My copay on the prescription is $278.00!  I feel like that poor man who died from diabetes because of the cost of insulin.  I don't think I'll be getting it.

Every 90 days I pay $100 for a medication.  I am in the process of ordering it from Canada Direct at a much lower price.  It isn't the same brand name but is better than your regular generic.

Jane

« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2019, 01:18:17 PM »

It is possible the doctor can get you some samples to try.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2019, 01:50:09 PM »

Vibes for Sandy.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2019, 01:51:38 PM »

How to succeed at invoicing vibes, Elmore.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2019, 02:00:38 PM »

That sounds terrible about the amount, Larry.

Would you qualify for any help from a place like the Actors Fund, or any equivalent?
This says not just actors, but many areas of entertainment https://actorsfund.org/am-i-eligible-help
"We provide free and confidential assistance nationally to everyone who works in performing arts and entertainment—including actors, dancers, musicians, stagehands, playwrights and many more. Whether you work on stage or on camera, behind the scenes or below the line, you can contact The Actors Fund for support."
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 02:08:35 PM by FJL »

Jane

« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2019, 03:13:00 PM »

My wife, Sandy, had eye surgery today.

She's home now...resting...and doing well.

I saw the vibes for Sandy and returned to see what I had missed.  I am glad she is doing well. 

Jane

« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2019, 03:13:12 PM »

EYE HEALING VIBES FOR SANDY!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2019, 03:49:18 PM »

I'm back to the Frank Loesser office today.  The process is going really well.

That's great, Larry! :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2019, 03:49:28 PM »

Annabelle's nose was completely clogged this morning. What the hell?

That's not great, Larry. :(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2019, 03:50:36 PM »

Annabelle is definitely congested.  This is old news, but what continues to frustrate the hell out of me is what's causing it.  They tell me it's herpes, they tell me it's dental, they tell me it's polyps, they tell me it's an immune issue, they recommend Lysine which I add to their food daily, and the only thing that seems to clear it up temporarily is a flush of her sinuses and Azithromycin, which I cannot afford once a month.

~~~Get and Stay Well Vibes for Annabelle!!~~~

George

« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2019, 03:51:06 PM »

I wish to God He'd either send me some steady work - not 3 months on, three-six months off - or just kill me.  That damned property will never sell, God knows where the fat hell I'm getting next month's property taxes, and I wish to hell that the people who dangle jobs at me like a carrot on a stick would either deliver or get out of my life.

~~~Get Work Vibes for Larry!!~~~

George

« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2019, 03:52:55 PM »

My wife, Sandy, had eye surgery today.

She's home now...resting...and doing well.

~~~Quick Recovery Vibes for Sandy!!~~~

George

« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2019, 03:53:24 PM »

DR TCB call your local TV station that has a Help Line....they love stories like yours.....

That's right!  Tom, you should contact Jesse Jones, Seattle - KIRO 7 Consumer Advocate!

Jane

« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2019, 03:57:02 PM »

It sounds like a good idea.  Good luck it makes a difference.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2019, 03:58:15 PM »

It was very muggy on our walk today.  Shortly after we returned it began to rain, good timing.

ChasSmith

« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2019, 04:05:56 PM »

DR TCB call your local TV station that has a Help Line....they love stories like yours.....

Yes, they do. And this is outrageous.

When I moved from CA to my apartment in Illinois, I was shocked at my first electric bill. I called the electric company to ask if this was really the cost here, since I was new. They checked and said that amount was from the previous tenant’s use, took my move-in date, adjusted it on the spot, and sent a corrected bill.

On one phone call.

So how in the HELL can they say this is your problem? In addition to a local station, does the town have a 3-1-1 or other citizens help number?

ChasSmith

« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2019, 04:06:35 PM »

That's right!  Tom, you should contact Jesse Jones, Seattle - KIRO 7 Consumer Advocate!

There you go. Do it.

ChasSmith

« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2019, 04:20:23 PM »

Okay, here’s my new rant.

When did it become “mandatory” when taking a picture at the Broadway show you’re attending, to hold up your damned PROGRAM (or Playbill, as everyone calls them now, even when they aren’t actually a Playbill publication), obscuring half or more of what you COULD be showing us? Like, oh, you know, the damned theater or something else we wouldn’t normally see? I have to bite my tongue because I’ve come so close to offending good friends who, like sheep, do this every time now, that it scares me a little. Why, Lord? Why?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2019, 04:27:15 PM »

PAGE THREE

My question for ASK BK DAY:

When you were being sent on jobs for shows and commercials who were the other actors who were considered "your type" that you might see at these calls and auditions?

Wes Stern, Joel Kimmel (no relation), Sal Viscuso, lots of others, my friend Alan Abelew - who actually went to a commercial call that had in its description "a Bruce Kimmel type" - that was from one of my little hiatus periods where I wasn't doing commercials.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2019, 04:30:44 PM »

I've been listening and proofing the Adriana audiobook - really enjoying it and she does very well with the dialogue sections.  I think it's probably impossible to be completely satisfied with every character when it's one person, and had I been in the same city I would probably have asked for a few adjustments, but so much of this is so good and she's also funny, which is helpful.  But the first two chapters had quite a few errors - words missing mostly or changed a few times, so I've been keeping a list as I go - the worst of it was chapter two and I suspect it won't ever be that bad again - about then things in that chapter - chapters three and four have two for the former and four for the latter, so that's not bad at all.  So far, I've only made on pronunciation note and one interpretation note - everything else is stuff that was misread.

George

« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2019, 04:47:01 PM »

It was very muggy on our walk today.  Shortly after we returned it began to rain, good timing.

It's been raining all day here in Tumwater.

George

« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2019, 04:56:32 PM »

I'm glad I didn't have to walk to work today. :)

Jane

« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2019, 04:58:45 PM »

It has stopped raining here & the sun is out.  It was raining in the wee hours of the morning when I was walking around inside vs sleeping.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2019, 05:22:27 PM »

Page three?  Really?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up