Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WEEK THREE OF THE INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN – CURRENTLY 165%!  (Read 3702 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: WEEK THREE OF THE INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN – CURRENTLY 165%!
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2019, 03:11:15 PM »

Annabelle, also.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2019, 03:20:41 PM »

The manager of the building has informed me that "management is no longer responsible for air conditioner maintenance."  I have no idea when they changed this policy, given that it was still in effect in 2012 when the current unit was installed.  I also find it curious since this building was constructed so that every apartment had an AC unit to go into the wall.  If I remove my air conditioner I have a hole in my wall about 18 inches high and two feet wide going out to 82nd Street, and any insects, vermin, birds, whatever can get into the apartment from outside.

Window air conditioners generally don't require any maintenance that I know of, other than cleaning the filter every few months. If the unit no longer functions will they replace it?

I think it's time to get to know the people at the housing authority. Also time to review your lease. Your rent is based partly on having a working AC unit, so if it's not working and they won't maintain it it does seem like overcharging.

Can you contact Val to see what he knows, ie, is there a way to repair your AC? He should be familiar with the AC units in your building and know what options you--and other residents--have.

It's a drag, but it's best to know all your options.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2019, 03:22:18 PM »

Is there an agency that looks out for seniors?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2019, 03:25:13 PM »

Jane, I'm improving, thanks. I can now take short walks and short drives. This morning I was able to do a load of laundry without assistance. I'll be returning tomorrow for my follow-up.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2019, 03:25:47 PM »

Excellent suggestion to ask Val.

Jane

« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2019, 03:26:37 PM »

Jane, I'm improving, thanks. I can now take short walks and short drives. This morning I was able to do a load of laundry without assistance. I'll be returning tomorrow for my follow-up.

It sounds like you are healing in a reasonable time frame.  Vibes for a complete recovery & successful surgery.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2019, 03:28:52 PM »

Over the weekend I watched DETECTIVE MONTALBANO. It's very Italian. I can see why the books didn't make sense to me; there's much that just isn't on the page. I didn't care for it at first, but stayed with it and now rather like it.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2019, 03:29:06 PM »

Excellent suggestion to ask Val.

I agree.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2019, 03:29:27 PM »

Thanks, Jane.

John G.

« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2019, 03:29:52 PM »

Traffic this evening wasn’t as bad as the morning. But give it time.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2019, 03:30:26 PM »

That was cheery and upbeat, eh?
― Voltaire

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2019, 03:30:59 PM »

Vibes to all.

TTFN.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2019, 03:44:11 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2019, 04:10:48 PM »

Juliαn Castro has come out in favor of no euthanasia for animals

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5d5ad81ce4b0d8840ff6c227

He just rose in my estimation.  I've liked him very much but this was the cherry on top.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2019, 04:13:11 PM »

The manager of the building has informed me that "management is no longer responsible for air conditioner maintenance."  I have no idea when they changed this policy, given that it was still in effect in 2012 when the current unit was installed.  I also find it curious since this building was constructed so that every apartment had an AC unit to go into the wall.  If I remove my air conditioner I have a hole in my wall about 18 inches high and two feet wide going out to 82nd Street, and any insects, vermin, birds, whatever can get into the apartment from outside.

Window air conditioners generally don't require any maintenance that I know of, other than cleaning the filter every few months. If the unit no longer functions will they replace it?

I think it's time to get to know the people at the housing authority. Also time to review your lease. Your rent is based partly on having a working AC unit, so if it's not working and they won't maintain it it does seem like overcharging.

Can you contact Val to see what he knows, ie, is there a way to repair your AC? He should be familiar with the AC units in your building and know what options you--and other residents--have.

This is not a window aire conditioner.  It's a through-the-wall model.
https://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/FRA144HT2.html

Val has not been our super for about a year.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 04:15:03 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2019, 04:15:26 PM »

It sounds like you are healing in a reasonable time frame.  Vibes for a complete recovery & successful surgery.

~~~Ditto and Ditto!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2019, 04:18:25 PM »

It wasn't very expensive, but that listing says that that model is discontinued.  Maybe that's why the management says (thinks) that they're no longer responsible for the maintenance. :-\

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2019, 05:01:25 PM »

Picked up some packages and came to the realization that Moron Day must have extended to today.  I've never seen anything like it, really.  At every major street where there's a separate left turn lane, the line was so long that it spilled into the other lanes, which caused back-ups two blocks long - I don't get it - what, every moron in the Valley suddenly only needs to turn left?  And at the corner of Laurel Canyon and Riverside, where the mail place is, cars were backed up for three blocks with no respite in sight - why?  Why today, when it's NEVER like that - no street work or anything like that.  Just morons.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2019, 05:03:15 PM »

Then I came home and made Wacky Noodles, which were very good, proofed and fixed a chart for the Kritzerland show, and while today has been VERY slow in terms of Indiegogo, we did go up to 169%.  At this point, I truly believe the Facebook BS algorithms are working overtime to make sure NO one sees these posts - they want advertising money, which I have given them twice - they want more and therefore my posts go unliked and unshared.  Very annoying.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2019, 05:58:11 PM »

Window AC units and through-the-wall models are basically the same vs. a heat pump
that has ducting going to various rooms. I saw no mention of maintenance in the model description. My guess is that when it conks out you replace it.

I suggested Val because he's familar with your building. He'd know whether the ac units can be repaired in any way.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2019, 06:04:21 PM »

A problem with through-the-wall models is that the new models may not be the same size. Window units tend to be standard sizes. As George pointed out, they simply may not want to deal with the problem.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2019, 06:05:22 PM »

~~~Ditto and Ditto!!~~~

Thanks, George.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2019, 06:20:06 PM »

171%!  Someone took the other Donny and Marie script - those two scripts are beyond amazing.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2019, 06:35:03 PM »

Congrats.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2019, 06:36:14 PM »

DR elmore you have mentioned seeing Val on occasion and it is possible he would be willing to give you a quick answer, if he knows if they can be repaired & if so who to call, regarding the air conditioner.

George

« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2019, 06:42:51 PM »

171%!  Someone took the other Donny and Marie script - those two scripts are beyond amazing.

172%!!

Jane

« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2019, 06:43:41 PM »

:)

John G.

« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2019, 06:59:58 PM »

Home from dancing lessons. It went well tonight.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2019, 07:00:25 PM »

But, boy, it's still hot even in the evening.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2019, 07:02:15 PM »

Let's move on ...
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up