Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TWO RUN-THROUGH DAY  (Read 3285 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE TWO RUN-THROUGH DAY
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2019, 12:06:07 PM »

Three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2019, 12:09:35 PM »

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2019, 12:45:41 PM »

Let's get serious here.

My top two contenders, at present, in potato chips:

I really like those Salt & Pepper Kettle chips!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 12:48:33 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2019, 01:37:41 PM »

I don't remember many dreams these days, but last night I had a strange one about my late friend Alan Freeman.  In the dream I was still working at the Miami University library in Oxford, Ohio, but Alan's parents' home was not in West Middletown, but just down the hill from the library.  I wandered about the library stacks, and I was in sections of the library only accessible to staff; I was looking for an orchestra score.  When I left the library, I got to Alan's house by sitting on the top of the hill and sliding on my butt to his yard.  His mother was out, and his dad was doing something like trying to rid the yard of gophers.  The only other thing I remember now is Alan taking me into a room that had two pianos.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2019, 01:39:16 PM »

Good afternoon.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2019, 01:39:45 PM »

Kerry's mixer has been mixing like crazy today. I'm going to have to take a break; my back is killing me.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2019, 01:51:41 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2019, 02:14:39 PM »

I like cheddar/sour cream chips....especially Lay's, but the Great Value chips are about the same.

I like the original Fritos......corn chips with salsa, especially the cheese salsa.

And though it's not chips, I also like the traditional ChexMix.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2019, 02:16:25 PM »

DR ELMORE the Dream-O-Matic 6000 says that your dream indicates you often draw on sounds and combinations from your childhood and youth in your work and if it delights the youngster in yourself you are sure it will fit the bill.

You are also on the brink of fulfilling a lifelong goal that may be made possible by a chance conversation with someone who knows someone.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2019, 02:16:42 PM »

Please deposit $35 in my PayPal account.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2019, 02:17:38 PM »

DR GINNY are you watching that MAKING IT show?  It's all about crafting.  I think it's on tonight if you haven't seen it.....I think it's on NBC, but I'm not certain....9 p.m. I think.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2019, 02:52:15 PM »

Please deposit $35 in my PayPal account.

As soon as that lifelong goal comes through, you'll get more than $35.00!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2019, 02:54:15 PM »

Fancy Feast Sliced chicken feast was a dud: only Thatch touched it.  Barely.

I'm taking a bath and then I will give the three little kittens their nightly treat.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2019, 03:24:13 PM »

Back from picking up one package, banking, then a chili, cheese, and onion hot dog and some fries at Jerry's Deli.  Friend Charlie Brill was there - I only see he and his wife Mitzi McCall at restaurants.  And I got the lowdown on the drama that I witnessed last week at Jerry's - apparently a $35,000 watch was involved and both seller and buyer (the guy who grabbed and ran to a waiting SUV outside, were shady.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2019, 03:32:54 PM »

My bath was nice and relaxing, and the cats got their treat just now.  I'm convinced that Thatch is not really a cat but an angel: he's not aggressive or inquisitive like Annabelle or Stella.  He's curious but not really obsessed like Stella or Annabelle can be.  He's very sweet and good-tempered, always a gentleman.  He hates to be held and yet he follows me like a puppy/  If I lie down he curls up next to me.  When he sleeps nightly on my bed, he works his way closer to me as the night goes on.  When I get up to use the bathroom he follows me and walks me back to the bed.

George

« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2019, 03:35:44 PM »

Back from picking up one package, banking, then a chili, cheese, and onion hot dog and some fries at Jerry's Deli.  Friend Charlie Brill was there - I only see he and his wife Mitzi McCall at restaurants.  And I got the lowdown on the drama that I witnessed last week at Jerry's - apparently a $35,000 watch was involved and both seller and buyer (the guy who grabbed and ran to a waiting SUV outside, were shady.

Oh, my goodness! :o

George

« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2019, 03:36:02 PM »

My bath was nice and relaxing, and the cats got their treat just now.  I'm convinced that Thatch is not really a cat but an angel: he's not aggressive or inquisitive like Annabelle or Stella.  He's curious but not really obsessed like Stella or Annabelle can be.  He's very sweet and good-tempered, always a gentleman.  He hates to be held and yet he follows me like a puppy/  If I lie down he curls up next to me.  When he sleeps nightly on my bed, he works his way closer to me as the night goes on.  When I get up to use the bathroom he follows me and walks me back to the bed.

That's so sweet of Thatch!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2019, 03:47:58 PM »

The creature has landed
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2019, 03:54:45 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2019, 03:55:07 PM »

Vibes to DR John G's father.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2019, 03:55:43 PM »

Weather vibes to all who need them.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2019, 04:04:50 PM »

It is sweet of Thatch. Eons ago a friend and I went to visit a friend who lived two short blocks away. This was on the Marina Peninsula, which is now part of Marina del Rey and densely built up. Back then there was a lot of open space and few cars. We were at the friend's house, chatting away, when we heard meowing. My cat had followed us over there. That was the only time it happened, but I was so touched by my cat's longing to be with us.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2019, 04:10:51 PM »

I like Ruffles with Ridges thick cut potato chips
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2019, 04:12:16 PM »

And here's the chip making scene at Stew Leonard's.

These look good, like my favorite fresh made potato chips.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2019, 04:13:37 PM »

Awww, sweet Thatch.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2019, 04:14:46 PM »

TOD:
I have no interest in potato chips, even the freshly-made ones I've tried, but I do like fresh corn chips. I normally bypass the bagged variety, but a few years ago I tried the blue corn chips by Food Should Taste Good and promptly became addicted. I'm over my addiction now, but still like the fresh ones. And, yes, with guac or salsa.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2019, 04:15:34 PM »

It is sweet of Thatch. Eons ago a friend and I went to visit a friend who lived two short blocks away. This was on the Marina Peninsula, which is now part of Marina del Rey and densely built up. Back then there was a lot of open space and few cars. We were at the friend's house, chatting away, when we heard meowing. My cat had followed us over there. That was the only time it happened, but I was so touched by my cat's longing to be with us.

Aww.  I have had cats that walked with me or followed me around the house.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2019, 04:16:25 PM »

I am ready for a nap. Have I gone into permanent relaxation mode?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2019, 04:17:56 PM »

Mega property-sale vibes to DR Elmore.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2019, 04:18:17 PM »

TTFN.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up