Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FINAL DRESS REHEARSAL AND A TALE OF SHELLEY  (Read 3595 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE FINAL DRESS REHEARSAL AND A TALE OF SHELLEY
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2019, 07:33:54 AM »

A wonderful remembrance of Shelley Morrison in the notes.

I agree.

Ginny

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2019, 07:38:57 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  This is the first day since we returned from Illinois that I don't have to get dressed up and be somewhere before noon.  In fact, I have 4 days in a row now with no calendar commitments and I'm looking forward to the down time.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2019, 07:40:30 AM »

Yes DR CHAS SMITH that selection played on the older DVD player in the living room, so I was able to watch the theatrical version and hear the commentary with MR BK and MH.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2019, 07:40:49 AM »

Enjoy it DR GINNY!!! 

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2019, 07:51:26 AM »

George I watched my Dad and his mom both slowly disappear from Alzheimer’s...

I am terrified that I may have inherited the gene.

Given my druthers I would choose to get cancer again and let my body fail me rather than to lose my mind

I can understand that.  My sister accused me of not caring about my father because I didn't want her doing certain medical tests or treatments on him.  I felt they were not worth the price as each time his dementia got worse.

My sister and I agreed late in our Mom's life not to put her through the complete cardiac work-up her doctor recommended.  We'd both had the tests and they're more uncomfortable than the people administering them realize.  Also, I was afraid they would result in her being put on meds that would require giving up her nightly "dose" of Scotch.  We agreed that at 97 with a pretty lousy quality of life, having your heart kill you wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 07:55:05 AM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2019, 07:53:22 AM »

DR JohnG, more vibes for your dad!  What's your mother's issue with a home aide?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mom will allow some day help, but she doesn’t like strangers in her home. She’s too busy watching them to have any peace.

That was my mom too, we had several through an agency and then she met 2 she really liked.  We approached them both about coming to work directly for us.  One of them had just accepted a position with another family and the other agreed.

They are both still friendly with my mom and she gets together with them all the time now for lunches and visits.

A sucess story..  Everyone should be that pleased.

My aunt had 2 shifts a people.  She moved to a smaller bedroom and left the caregivers in the larger bedroom with my uncle.  Yes it was difficult to have people there all of the time but the caregivers were great. My aunt's only complaint was it was hard thinking about what to feed everyone.

With our upstairs now empty, I (half) joke that that's where we'll put our caregiver when he/she moves in...

Ginny

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2019, 07:54:24 AM »

DR John G, you and your Mom and sister are in my thoughts and prayers.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2019, 08:53:23 AM »

I am home from a very painful therapy session and a trip to my pharmacy.  I have the meds for my upcoming colonoscopy as well as a new pain med, Gabapentin.  We're hoping it will be better than the Tramadol.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2019, 08:54:16 AM »

I got in to hear the Constitutional scholars speaking in the impeachment hearings, and I find them absolutely fascinating.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 09:16:35 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2019, 10:52:13 AM »

Given my druthers I would choose to get cancer again and let my body fail me rather than to lose my mind

I can understand that.  My sister accused me of not caring about my father because I didn't want her doing certain medical tests or treatments on him.  I felt they were not worth the price as each time his dementia got worse.

My sister and I agreed late in our Mom's life not to put her through the complete cardiac work-up her doctor recommended.  We'd both had the tests and they're more uncomfortable than the people administering them realize.  Also, I was afraid they would result in her being put on meds that would require giving up her nightly "dose" of Scotch.  We agreed that at 97 with a pretty lousy quality of life, having your heart kill you wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

So very wise and fortunate that you and your sister were in agreement.

I was impressed that after my last colonoscopy the doctor wrote "next one in 5 years, depending on health".  I like knowing that if I am not mentally sharp this will not be forced on me.

Jane

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2019, 10:53:09 AM »

DR JohnG, more vibes for your dad!  What's your mother's issue with a home aide?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mom will allow some day help, but she doesn’t like strangers in her home. She’s too busy watching them to have any peace.

That was my mom too, we had several through an agency and then she met 2 she really liked.  We approached them both about coming to work directly for us.  One of them had just accepted a position with another family and the other agreed.

They are both still friendly with my mom and she gets together with them all the time now for lunches and visits.

A sucess story..  Everyone should be that pleased.

My aunt had 2 shifts a people.  She moved to a smaller bedroom and left the caregivers in the larger bedroom with my uncle.  Yes it was difficult to have people there all of the time but the caregivers were great. My aunt's only complaint was it was hard thinking about what to feed everyone.

With our upstairs now empty, I (half) joke that that's where we'll put our caregiver when he/she moves in...

And it is good that your bedroom is downstairs :)

Jane

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2019, 10:53:52 AM »

I am home from a very painful therapy session and a trip to my pharmacy.  I have the meds for my upcoming colonoscopy as well as a new pain med, Gabapentin.  We're hoping it will be better than the Tramadol.

Good luck with the Gabepentin, and your upcoming colonoscopy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2019, 11:42:10 AM »

DR John G, you and your Mom and sister are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you, all, for the support.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2019, 11:42:23 AM »

Wednesday - my review of CREATURE has at last landed and sets there with the one from DR CHAS SMITH.

https://www.amazon.com/The-Creature-Wasnt-Nice/dp/B081J5K5NF/ref=cm_cr_srp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

That's great, Jrand!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2019, 11:42:31 AM »

Today's NY Daily News cover.

Exactly!  Now, hopefully the Senate Republicans will do their jobs!! (Not to get political, or anything. ::) )

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2019, 11:42:54 AM »

As far as I know, no one in my family has had cancer, but I agree...I'd rather get something like that than to have my mind disappear. :-\

George

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2019, 11:44:08 AM »

A wonderful remembrance of Shelley Morrison in the notes.

I agree.

So do I!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2019, 11:45:10 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - seven hours of sleep - but I was up for ninety minutes in the early hours - five to six-thirty to be exact.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2019, 12:40:37 PM »

Final Dress Rehearsal Vibes for MR BK & Co.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2019, 01:44:33 PM »

Back from a bacon and cheese omelet and a bagel and picking up package - the motherlode of DGA screeners today - Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, and Little Women. 

Jane

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2019, 01:47:23 PM »

As far as I know, no one in my family has had cancer, but I agree...I'd rather get something like that than to have my mind disappear. :-\

At the same age though, not years sooner. 

Jane

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2019, 01:48:03 PM »

DR George you are very fortunate no one in your family has had cancer. 

John G.

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2019, 01:55:09 PM »

Back from a bacon and cheese omelet and a bagel and picking up package - the motherlode of DGA screeners today - Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, and Little Women. 

I wants that Little Women screener. I know, Creature first.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2019, 01:57:03 PM »

So, my sister Linda called the home that Dad is in. Alarms are going off in the background and a voice says she can’t help with anything because they are having a fire emergency.

Oy.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2019, 01:58:17 PM »

TOD

BK, it’s December. Do you have an idea for the 2020 book?
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2019, 02:15:33 PM »

Yes on the 2020 book.  Have been working on it sporadically, as it's complicated - non-fiction.

George

« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2019, 02:47:56 PM »

So, my sister Linda called the home that Dad is in. Alarms are going off in the background and a voice says she can’t help with anything because they are having a fire emergency.

Oy.

Oh, my! :o

KevinH

« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2019, 03:06:05 PM »

Good evening!

KevinH

« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2019, 03:06:23 PM »

Sorry about the loss of your friends, BK.

KevinH

« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2019, 03:07:27 PM »

My flight was delayed for about 3 hours yesterday.   The problem wasn't in DC or Buffalo, but the weather in other cities.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up