Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: PULLING TEETH  (Read 15748 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:PULLING TEETH
« Reply #210 on: March 24, 2005, 08:33:27 PM »

SOme nice surprises on the IDOL results show, too.

All I can say about the bottom three is that one must never get too comfortable on the show. Fantasia and Ruben during their respective competitions landed in the bottom 3 during the finals. It can happen to even those we think must be among the most popular.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #211 on: March 24, 2005, 09:12:51 PM »

We are getting a Toyota Corolla Sport.  Very snazy red.  It gets great mileage, which was the main reason we got it. Basically my wife will be driving it as she puts about 300 miles a week on the car.  Me, who's at home most of the day, will be using the Caravan for any puttering around I need to do.

MBarnum

« Reply #212 on: March 24, 2005, 09:13:09 PM »

JRand, have you been watching THE NAME'S THE SAME? I just watched last nights episode and there are TWO hosts...two really, really, annoying, not very intelligent nor funny, hosts...I miss Robert Q. Lewis!

And on a related note, have you ever seen Dorothy Kilgallen's last WHAT'S MY LINE episode? Or the next one following her death? I would think that would be a very sad episode.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #213 on: March 24, 2005, 09:39:57 PM »

I must say I am growing weary of Alias this season and am close to giving it up.  It's become completely predictable in its structure and contains none of the loopy weirdness it had in other seasons.  

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #214 on: March 24, 2005, 09:40:50 PM »

Those two "annoying, unfunny" hosts of THE NAME'S THE SAME are the infamous comedy duo, Bob & Ray.

Per our discussion of FINIAN'S RAINBOW, I just came across a Berkley Medallion paperback in my library of the play with graphics from the movie on the cover, as well as photos on the back cover and inside the book.  The book is actually the playscript...not the screenplay.

MBarnum

« Reply #215 on: March 24, 2005, 09:57:49 PM »

Those two "annoying, unfunny" hosts of THE NAME'S THE SAME are the infamous comedy duo, Bob & Ray.

Aha! That rings a bell...well, they are just not very funny on THE NAMES THE SAME, that is for sure.

For me, no one beats John Daley as a game show host.

François de Paris

« Reply #216 on: March 24, 2005, 10:11:12 PM »

I need to get my wisdom teeth pulled within the next month or so.  :-\ I've been told to get them all out at once because you'll never want to go through it again.

No, no, no!
Wisdom teeth are useful.... unless they hurt!
I had one removed so far and I still have nightmares about the pulling... (One can get headaches and fever after the operation... and PAIN!)
When I lived in the States, my dentist told me the same story; let's pull the remaining ones, all at once!
I said no; it's 20 years after and I haven't had any problem with them!

Most dentists see the "money" side of it and don't really care about the owner's (of said wisdom teeth!) well-being!

Just an advice! :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 10:12:32 PM by François de Paris »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #217 on: March 24, 2005, 10:12:57 PM »

Great/interesting article in Today's/Friday's New York Times about Charlotte d'Amboise, the upcoming revival of Sweet Charity, and the possibility and non-possibility of Ms. d'Amboise opening the show on Broadway in a few weeks.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #218 on: March 24, 2005, 10:16:29 PM »

All my wisdom teeth came in, and they didn't hurt, so... I still have all of them.  And plan to be pain-free with them for a long time to come!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #219 on: March 24, 2005, 10:17:14 PM »

And I think it's good/lucky genes... My father still has his as do all three of my younger brothers.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #220 on: March 24, 2005, 10:29:44 PM »

And they've done a credible job with adapting THE OFFICE into the American scheme of things. I laughed out loud a couple of times even though I was totally familiar with the story since the pilot episode was based on the first episode of Britain's THE OFFICE. The other five episodes which have been shot for the show will feature all new scripts, not adapted from British OFFICE scripts. I'll be curious on Tuesday to see how they do on their own. I do like the cast a lot.

I didn't get it...I mean, I watched it, but I just didn't think that it was funny.  Horse racing, I guess. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #221 on: March 24, 2005, 10:40:44 PM »

Good evening all.

DR TCB, DR Jed, and I met for ice cream this evening at ColdStone.  A grand old time was had by all.  Simply amazing to me, the similarities between this cyber-father/son pair.  
I had never had ColdStone ice cream before, and I found it excellent if a bit rich.  I had a Boston Cream Pie ice cream, with cake bits, chocolate fudge syrup, and whipped cream all mixed right in.  DR TCB had Nights in White Chocolate, which he liked very much except for the chocolate chips, which he said turned too hard and crunchy.  Fewer chips and more caramel, he decided, would make it much better.  DR Jed had Mudpie Mojo, which I sampled.  Extremely rich, but tasty.  We talked and laughed and also laughed and talked, and rolled our collective eyes each time the employees broke into song.  A most excellent evening, all in all.  We plan to get together for dinner as soon as the three of us get paychecks.  

I had another customer take a picture of us with my cell phone camera.  Unfortunately, between the fluorescent lights and the customer's inexperience with camera phones, it came out rather badly.  After tweaking with the color for a while, trying to rid us of the sickly blue green tinge we had acquired, I gave up.  So here is the modified version of our group shot.  Looks like I clipped it out of a newspaper, doesn't it?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #222 on: March 24, 2005, 10:42:57 PM »

Had a lovely and long conversation with Mr. Harvey Schmidt, with both of us bemoaning the sad state of the musical and the world in general.  Mr. Schmidt is also recently turned seventy-five, and yet we're not having any Wall to Wall endless year-long tributes to a team (he and Tom Jones) who have given the musical theater many unique and wonderful shows.  Nor is Mr. Strouse having tributes, nor Mr. Kander, nor Mr. Herman.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #223 on: March 24, 2005, 10:45:52 PM »

Still a great pic, DR Ann!

Good to see all of your smiling faces.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #224 on: March 24, 2005, 10:47:21 PM »

...Actually, there's a Charles Strouse concert/tribute coming up in NYC in a couple of weeks.  I know some people singing in it.  I'm not sure if it's going to be "grand affair", but there's going to be one.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 10:47:59 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #225 on: March 24, 2005, 10:48:00 PM »

Sorry DR George but my computer said it was NOT FOUND.

I'm sorry that it didn't work!  It did work just yesterday.  Anyway, here (hopefully ::)) is a link that works.  It's just too too funny!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #226 on: March 24, 2005, 10:52:27 PM »

...I just read a rather sad story about a teacher in Arlington, VA, and her mother who were killed in a car accident this past week in North Carolina.  They were visiting family and friends since it was Spring Break.

They were hit by a driver driving a truck after he had run a stop sign.  He's being charged with "misdemeanor death by vehicle".

MISDEMEANOR DEATH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

When did killing anyone by any means become a misdemeanor?!?!?!?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #227 on: March 24, 2005, 10:59:11 PM »

...Sorry for the rant...

Well...

Tomorrow/today will be my last "free day" here in Manhattan.  For now.

:)

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #228 on: March 24, 2005, 10:59:52 PM »

I just finished my last paper! Yay! Cherry Cokes for everybody! Except that I drank the last one. I NEEDED it.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #229 on: March 24, 2005, 11:07:41 PM »

...I just read a rather sad story about a teacher in Arlington, VA, and her mother who were killed in a car accident this past week in North Carolina.  They were visiting family and friends since it was Spring Break.

They were hit by a driver driving a truck after he had run a stop sign.  He's being charged with "misdemeanor death by vehicle".

MISDEMEANOR DEATH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

When did killing anyone by any means become a misdemeanor?!?!?!?

Well, Jose, thirty days in jail is all the two drag racers got that killed my Mother and her best friend.  No, wait, I forgot the 100 hours of community service.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #230 on: March 24, 2005, 11:15:34 PM »

No, no, no!
Wisdom teeth are useful.... unless they hurt!
I had one removed so far and I still have nightmares about the pulling... (One can get headaches and fever after the operation... and PAIN!)
When I lived in the States, my dentist told me the same story; let's pull the remaining ones, all at once!
I said no; it's 20 years after and I haven't had any problem with them!

Most dentists see the "money" side of it and don't really care about the owner's (of said wisdom teeth!) well-being!

Just an advice! :)

Well my parents have invested in putting me in braces for an unnamed number of years and basically my wisdom teeth are at all odd angles which will push my teeth out of alignment if I don't get them out soon after my braces come off. (Next week) Basically all that money to straighten my teeth and fix my jaw would be of waste so I doubt I will have any choice in the matter as I am still dependent on my parents for insurance.
There is no music without silence, only noise...

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #231 on: March 24, 2005, 11:17:18 PM »

Well, Jose, thirty days in jail is all the two drag racers got that killed my Mother and her best friend.  No, wait, I forgot the 100 hours of community service.

TCB that is TERRIBLE! I am so sorry to hear that.
There is no music without silence, only noise...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: March 24, 2005, 11:31:28 PM »

That is the justice system in this country.  Martha Stewart needs to go to jail and serve serious time, but killers in cars rarely pay for what they've done.  It's one thing if it's an unavoidable accident - it's another if two idiots are drag racing, or if it's a drunken twit.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up