Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: ROW R  (Read 4010 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: ROW R
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2020, 12:42:55 PM »

I got here at just about 11:00, but as I was driving in, I got another text alert saying that our building will close at 4:00 p.m.!  Since the admin has decided that the building is closed those hours, we get to use our Emergency Leave, which has no limit since we employees don't decide when it can be used.  If a building is otherwise open but we individually feel that we can't get to work, we can use Inclement Weather Leave.  We have a cap of 16 hours per year, and if we don't use it, it doesn't roll over to the next year...which is why it's a good thing when Emergency Leave is allowed. ;D

At short notice how many people used it?

There were a few people who got here before the first text went out...and a few people got here even after the text went out.  If you can get to work, you certainly can work.  But otherwise, most people got the text and didn't arrive until 11:00 or so.

Enjoy your short day.

Jane

« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2020, 12:51:04 PM »

DR George I have an Overdrive question for you.  I realize it is a long shot you can give me an answer.  It is a new problem I didn't have on my old tablet so I am not sure why it is a problem.

Every time I sign into my Ft Vancouver library account I have to type in my library card number again.  Before it saved/remembered the numbers, as done my Ashland Overdrive, & I tap on the correct number.

Do you have any clue how to fix this?  With 2 accounts I don't remember the 14 digit numbers.

Jane

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2020, 12:51:37 PM »

Well, glory be!  Annabelle ate her dinner.  That is one big relief.

Yay :) 

Am I noticing a 3 day pattern here?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2020, 12:53:05 PM »

Well, glory be!  Annabelle ate her dinner.  That is one big relief.

Hoo and Ray!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2020, 12:55:18 PM »

DR George I have an Overdrive question for you.  I realize it is a long shot you can give me an answer.  It is a new problem I didn't have on my old tablet so I am not sure why it is a problem.

Every time I sign into my Ft Vancouver library account I have to type in my library card number again.  Before it saved/remembered the numbers, as done my Ashland Overdrive, & I tap on the correct number.

Do you have any clue how to fix this?  With 2 accounts I don't remember the 14 digit numbers.

I would think that you can update your login/password within your tablet.  I know that I've been able to do that.  Each device has its own way to do that, so you just have to look around, but it should be an option somewhere.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2020, 02:48:48 PM »

To get the app to remember by library card number?

George

« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2020, 03:07:16 PM »

To get the app to remember by library card number?

Actually, I don't use the app.  I go to the OverDrive sites through my Chrome's browser, and that saves my login/password info.

Jane

« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2020, 03:35:20 PM »

Up to now I have loved the app.  I will look at that possibility though I expect downloading books is not as organized.  I will see.  Thanks.

Jane

« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2020, 03:35:58 PM »

And, it used to save the info on the app on my old tablet.  It might be a tablet issue. 

George

« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2020, 04:07:47 PM »

And, it used to save the info on the app on my old tablet.  It might be a tablet issue. 

I don't use apps whenever possible because all those apps just take up too much room on my tablet or phone, so if I can just use the one browser, that's all I need. :)

George

« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2020, 04:08:36 PM »

And now, I'm leaving work because the building is being closed...even though the weather right now is cold but otherwise very clear.

Be back later.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2020, 04:24:57 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2020, 04:25:07 PM »

I don't use apps whenever possible because all those apps just take up too much room on my tablet or phone, so if I can just use the one browser, that's all I need. :)

Interesting.  The apps are soooo convenient.  I don't think I have a huge number of them.  IMDB has an app but I prefer to open it on my browser.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2020, 04:25:34 PM »

Consolation vibes to BK and Doug.

Jane

« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2020, 04:26:34 PM »

Expecting it to be colder this afternoon than yesterday I over dressed for our walk.  Not too much though.  We have a little frozen rain for a few minutes.  Otherwise it was sunny out for the most part. 

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2020, 04:27:49 PM »

Does anyone else feel like they're in a major Mercury retrograde? It's been going on for at least a week for me.

Anti-misery vibes to all!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2020, 04:32:40 PM »

I drove to Staples today for office supplies. They had the three items I wanted in stock, but the prices were outrageous! Paper products have been going up in price for a number of years, but this was ridiculous. I can purchase the same items on Amazon--still not cheap, but less than at Staples. And no one seems to sell small sizes anymore, everything's in bulk. Gawd! You have to form a co-op.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2020, 04:34:08 PM »

When I walked into the lobby of my apartment just now, the super handed me a carton from Amazon/  I was puzzled since I had not ordered a thing, but it was a carton of Cadbury Fruit & Nut bars.  Since I only mentioned it on this site, I suspect one of you DRs is behind this.  I shoulda mentioned I needed a million dollars!

Seriously, whoever may be my anonymous gifter, thank you with all my heart.  I gonna have a candy bar!

What a nice gift!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2020, 04:34:40 PM »

I forgot to mention: the lost cash from the ATM was replaced yesterday.

Glad to hear it!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2020, 04:36:40 PM »

This misery guts will say

TTFN.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2020, 04:58:36 PM »

I drove to Staples today for office supplies. They had the three items I wanted in stock, but the prices were outrageous! Paper products have been going up in price for a number of years, but this was ridiculous. I can purchase the same items on Amazon--still not cheap, but less than at Staples. And no one seems to sell small sizes anymore, everything's in bulk. Gawd! You have to form a co-op.

a lot of chain stores now have store websites to see if items are in stock & what the price is.  It helps avoid unnecessary trips.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2020, 04:59:02 PM »

DR Jeanne I hope things start improving for you.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2020, 06:14:42 PM »

Good evening, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2020, 06:16:13 PM »

I came home and started watching Get Out Your Handkerchiefs, which I have never seen but I had always heard it was one of the funniest movies ever made. I saw the first half hour and I don't care much for it. It's also strange to see a very skinny Gerard Depardieu.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2020, 06:17:01 PM »

So, I took it out and I've started watching The Cotton Club Encore.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2020, 06:18:17 PM »

I forgot Gwen Verdon was in this one.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2020, 06:18:42 PM »

Elmore, that was a very sweet gift -- on more than one level.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2020, 06:20:16 PM »

― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2020, 06:21:03 PM »

We'll make page four soon ...
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2020, 06:21:11 PM »

One more post ...
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up