Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE QUASI-STUPOR  (Read 4532 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: THE QUASI-STUPOR
« Reply #180 on: April 03, 2020, 06:55:35 PM »

The results came in today and fortunately they were negative for corona
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #181 on: April 03, 2020, 06:55:58 PM »

Forget the vibes, except I hope she feels better.  Great news.

Jane

« Reply #182 on: April 03, 2020, 06:57:10 PM »

I am impressed the results came back that quickly, and that she was able to get the test.

vixmom

« Reply #183 on: April 03, 2020, 06:58:08 PM »

I was pretty sure she was ok since she has been sequestered for nearly three weeks, and her only visitor has been me (once) and I stood in the driveway while she stood in the interior doorway of her house and we spoke through the length of her garage

vixmom

« Reply #184 on: April 03, 2020, 07:00:07 PM »

I am impressed the results came back that quickly, and that she was able to get the test.

Maybe since she’s nearly 88...I don’t know how my SIL managed it.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 07:06:21 PM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #185 on: April 03, 2020, 07:06:09 PM »

In other news my SIL’s  brother-in-law is waiting the results of his test.  He works in a group home and three people there tested positive, and he is showing all the symptoms including a raging fever

vixmom

« Reply #186 on: April 03, 2020, 07:08:42 PM »

Friday evening greetings!  I spent most of today at my craft desk making Easter cards.  Richard and I ventured out to a drive-thru for fish sandwiches and came right home.
Paul is in Norwich

We spent a week there and loved it!

Ginny, I read your two posts together quite quickly, for a brief moment I thought you were telling us you spent a week at the drive through

vixmom

« Reply #187 on: April 03, 2020, 07:10:58 PM »

My Boss is still in Florida so I have several calls plus constant emails with him, plus emails and phone calls with our clients, title companies, attorneys, borrowers, etc etc

Is he trapped there?

Well he owns 2 homes, one here , one there.  His wife stays there all winter and he travels back and forth, 3 weeks here, three weeks there...when this hit he was just due to come back, we urged him to stay put and he agreed

I am sure he would rather be with his wife.

That was our argument.

vixmom

« Reply #188 on: April 03, 2020, 07:15:01 PM »

So BK how do you plan to do your Best of Kritzerland show?  Here or on FB or some other way?

Ginny

« Reply #189 on: April 03, 2020, 07:16:34 PM »

Friday evening greetings!  I spent most of today at my craft desk making Easter cards.  Richard and I ventured out to a drive-thru for fish sandwiches and came right home.
Paul is in Norwich

Ginny, I read your two posts together quite quickly, for a brief moment I thought you were telling us you spent a week at the drive through

LOL!  Some places were lined up so that you’d feel like it took a week, but we breezed right through.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #190 on: April 03, 2020, 08:27:02 PM »

Took a long bath and read a little of My Family and Other Animals. Just charming.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #191 on: April 03, 2020, 09:07:46 PM »

One of my MIL's caregivers has symptoms and has been tested. We haven't heard the results yet. MIL lives in The Home in Indiana.

Oh, no!

~~~Vibes of All Kinds!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #192 on: April 03, 2020, 09:20:24 PM »

I have a ripped DVD of the Irene Dunn Show Boat that BK wrote about. It really is amazing. And the song additions, especially Galavantin’ Around and I Still Suits Me, are joys.

I have the Criterion three-disc laserdisc set of Show Boat that includes the movies, as well as the Show Boat section from Till the Clouds Roll By.  I haven't watched much of it, though. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #193 on: April 03, 2020, 09:21:11 PM »

Well, somebody has been busy at the library. There is a new list tonight of 300 or so new ebooks and audiobooks you can check out on your devices. The new Terry McMillan, some classic Dashiell Hammett on audio, a few others.

Very nice surprise.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #194 on: April 03, 2020, 09:24:49 PM »

BK is eating eggs in tortillas. This meets with my approval.

All these years I never tried doing that at home, but I finally did so a few weeks ago when I was on one of my quesadilla binges and had large flour tortillas and a few other ingredients in the house. Here's what I came up with:

I scrambled two eggs. When almost done, I added a not-too-thick, not-too-thin layer of "Mexican blend" grated cheese on top and let it begin melting. In the meantime, I'd heated two of the tortillas on a flat griddle (any large pan will do).

(They only need to be heated for a minute or so, don't burn or crust them. This just helps to keep the final result warmer and tastier. You could consider it optional.)

I transferred half the eggs & cheese to the center of each tortilla, and added a bit of diced green chiles (the cheap and easy small can variety), a few bits of diced green onion, and folded the tortillas burrito-style. Oh my god, were those delicious. Real breakfast burritos, and they only lacked:  MEAT.  :)

A couple of days ago, I found an unopened jar of salsa con queso in my kitchen cupboard. 

George

« Reply #195 on: April 03, 2020, 09:25:08 PM »

It is past its best by date, but I think it should still be okay.  I think I'll open it and see.

George

« Reply #196 on: April 03, 2020, 09:25:21 PM »

I have some crunchy taco shells that are not past their best by date.  They do make good substitutions for regular tortilla chips. ;)

George

« Reply #197 on: April 03, 2020, 09:27:57 PM »

Well, somebody has been busy at the library. There is a new list tonight of 300 or so new ebooks and audiobooks you can check out on your devices. The new Terry McMillan, some classic Dashiell Hammett on audio, a few others.

Very nice surprise.

Nice!  I haven't been ordering anything for my library, yet.  The e-content selector orders all the downloadable content herself against a credit that we have with OverDrive.  I haven't gotten any e-mail from her asking to purchase more credit...yet.

John G.

« Reply #198 on: April 03, 2020, 09:31:53 PM »

Everything I want on OverDrive is coming in all at once. I don’t know what to listen to next. But I am finishing Donna Tartt’s book, The Little Friend, tonight. Not my favorite book of hers.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #199 on: April 03, 2020, 09:32:14 PM »

I’m fading.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #200 on: April 03, 2020, 09:32:33 PM »

Gratuitous post No. 200!
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #201 on: April 03, 2020, 09:33:10 PM »

Good night, all.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #202 on: April 03, 2020, 09:35:15 PM »

Hey, if you want to cook something no one should eat, here’s an idea:

https://www.purewow.com/recipes/grilled-cheese-and-tomato-soup-casserole

What??  But their "new take on the classic comfort food is pretty epic (in [their] humble opinion, of course) and sure to become a dinner favorite."

You don't agree??

;D

George

« Reply #203 on: April 03, 2020, 09:35:33 PM »

Good night, John.

George

« Reply #204 on: April 03, 2020, 09:37:14 PM »

I've finally been doing some laundry today and ketchuping on Grey's Anatomy.  I now need to take one load out of the washer and put it in the dryer, then get an evening snack and take my evening meds.

Freddie

• The poster formerly known as FJL
« Reply #205 on: April 03, 2020, 09:58:59 PM »

I would think twice before wearing that leather outfit.  :)
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.  Someone like that only happens two or three times in a person's life!

Freddie

• The poster formerly known as FJL
« Reply #206 on: April 03, 2020, 10:01:15 PM »

A mask sounds complicated.  But the scarf idea sounds easy.

Sadly, I think when people hear it's to protect other people, some tend to tune out, like the people on the beach in Florida.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.  Someone like that only happens two or three times in a person's life!

Jane

« Reply #207 on: April 03, 2020, 10:05:41 PM »

I was pretty sure she was ok since she has been sequestered for nearly three weeks, and her only visitor has been me (once) and I stood in the driveway while she stood in the interior doorway of her house and we spoke through the length of her garage

I think the odds were in her favor.  Do they have enough tests in your area?  It seems she might not have qualified to be tested under some of the restrictions I have read. 

Did they also test her for the flu?

Jane

« Reply #208 on: April 03, 2020, 10:06:59 PM »

In other news my SIL’s  brother-in-law is waiting the results of his test.  He works in a group home and three people there tested positive, and he is showing all the symptoms including a raging fever

Oh no.  That does sound like it.  Sending him get well vibes!

Jane

« Reply #209 on: April 03, 2020, 10:07:29 PM »

Paul is in Norwich

;D
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up