Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE ALL RIGHT  (Read 4116 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE ALL RIGHT
« Reply #150 on: April 07, 2020, 06:33:52 PM »

Wow, indeed, Cillaliz.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #151 on: April 07, 2020, 06:34:01 PM »

Six!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #152 on: April 07, 2020, 06:38:48 PM »

Better get some work done.  I can finish that brief if I just do it.  Very happy to have work right now.......

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #153 on: April 07, 2020, 06:46:03 PM »

I need bananas, cookies, and wine.....but I am afraid I could not convince anyone that any of those things were essential.....

Bananas are.

Correct. Bananas are not essential, except as bird food.

;D

Jane

« Reply #154 on: April 07, 2020, 06:46:52 PM »

We don't have a stay at home order here and our governor isn't going to do one.  Almost anywhere you would want to go is closed and it's recommended you stay home.
I went to the grocery store today.  I only saw two people in masks and one was stocking shelves.  Very few people wore gloves, only a few employees.   But we only have 9 cases in our county of about 100,000 people.   In my mom's county they still don't have a case.  I'm hoping we did enough to not have it really bad, but only time will tell.

Good vibes the numbers go down instead of up.

Jane

« Reply #155 on: April 07, 2020, 06:47:29 PM »

The insurance co is going to cut me a check whether I take my car to a body shop or not.  So, I'm going to get the $69 kit and give it a go. It can't be any harder to do than refinishing furniture is and I can do that.   I had a couple neighbors look at it and they both agreed that it's just the paint.  I really don't have anything to lose.   If I mess it up, I can take it to the body shop.

Good luck!

Jane

« Reply #156 on: April 07, 2020, 06:48:13 PM »

a have a nephew who is a funeral director in Chicago.  He's going to NYC...maybe today...to assist.  So sad, they need more help because too many bodies.  You never hear about the funeral directors out there on the front line.  These days they probably have a lot more contact with the families.  I don't envy him.  He's getting great benefits and extra pay for it, but still.

So sad and very brave of him.  When he returns home I fear it will be worse in Chicago.  I hope not.

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #157 on: April 07, 2020, 06:50:12 PM »

The insurance co is going to cut me a check whether I take my car to a body shop or not.  So, I'm going to get the $69 kit and give it a go. It can't be any harder to do than refinishing furniture is and I can do that.   I had a couple neighbors look at it and they both agreed that it's just the paint.  I really don't have anything to lose.   If I mess it up, I can take it to the body shop.

Good luck!

I watched about 3 or 4 you tube videos and will watch a few more. It's kind of a challenge, something I haven't thought of doing.  I sanded it a bit tonight to stop it from peeling more.  It seems to have worked.   I'll order the kit tomorrow.  I want to watch a couple more videos to make sure I'm getting all the right stuff.   It's a plastic bumper so a bit different than metal

Jane

« Reply #158 on: April 07, 2020, 06:50:14 PM »

DR George being somewhat disappointed we had stopped watching PICARD.  Now that CBS has it for free we returned and completed the series.  I am pleased to tell you we very much enjoyed the last 4 episodes.

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #159 on: April 07, 2020, 06:52:40 PM »

a have a nephew who is a funeral director in Chicago.  He's going to NYC...maybe today...to assist.  So sad, they need more help because too many bodies.  You never hear about the funeral directors out there on the front line.  These days they probably have a lot more contact with the families.  I don't envy him.  He's getting great benefits and extra pay for it, but still.

So sad and very brave of him.  When he returns home I fear it will be worse in Chicago.  I hope not.

Yeah. I messaged him tonight but they may be on the road, they had to take a couple carts with them, so I guess they are road tripping in a couple hearses. There has to be a bit of humor here. Can you imagine waking up and seeing a couple hearses parked outside your hotel room?   I don't know if they are making a stop, but that would make me jump

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #160 on: April 07, 2020, 06:54:15 PM »

Oh yeah, I as going to work on my brief....bye

John G.

« Reply #161 on: April 07, 2020, 06:55:20 PM »

John Prine has died.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #162 on: April 07, 2020, 06:55:37 PM »

Nice photo, Cillaliz.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #163 on: April 07, 2020, 07:07:25 PM »

DR George being somewhat disappointed we had stopped watching PICARD.  Now that CBS has it for free we returned and completed the series.  I am pleased to tell you we very much enjoyed the last 4 episodes.

Thanks for the update, Jane.  My sister is going to try with the free month.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #164 on: April 07, 2020, 07:08:09 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #165 on: April 07, 2020, 07:08:31 PM »

Yeah. I messaged him tonight but they may be on the road, they had to take a couple carts with them, so I guess they are road tripping in a couple hearses. There has to be a bit of humor here. Can you imagine waking up and seeing a couple hearses parked outside your hotel room?   I don't know if they are making a stop, but that would make me jump

;D

George

« Reply #166 on: April 07, 2020, 07:08:50 PM »

We don't have a stay at home order here and our governor isn't going to do one.  Almost anywhere you would want to go is closed and it's recommended you stay home.
I went to the grocery store today.  I only saw two people in masks and one was stocking shelves.  Very few people wore gloves, only a few employees.   But we only have 9 cases in our county of about 100,000 people.   In my mom's county they still don't have a case.  I'm hoping we did enough to not have it really bad, but only time will tell.

Good vibes the numbers go down instead of up.

~~~Ditto!!~~~

George

« Reply #167 on: April 07, 2020, 07:09:13 PM »

Good luck!

Ditto, two!!

Jane

« Reply #168 on: April 07, 2020, 07:10:05 PM »

Will she record it for you?

Jane

« Reply #169 on: April 07, 2020, 07:10:55 PM »

I would have if I had the equipment to do it.

George

« Reply #170 on: April 07, 2020, 07:14:56 PM »

Will she record it for you?

You can't record CBS All Access.  It's only streaming online.  I could use her login info.  We've done that before.

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #171 on: April 07, 2020, 07:33:44 PM »

John Prine has died.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #172 on: April 07, 2020, 07:33:59 PM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: April 07, 2020, 07:34:22 PM »

They have now made masks mandatory in LA thanks to our panic-fueling idiot mayor.  For shopping or stores - NOT for outdoors.  Starting Friday. 

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #175 on: April 07, 2020, 07:36:57 PM »

BK  LOVE your video on Facebook.  I think I've played it 4 or 5 times already.  I tagged Samantha, she'll love it. Remember Samantha, my niece who went to NYC with me?    She's doing great.  She's a married mom of 4 now. Three boys and a girl.  She married well and she's a real spitfire.

John G.

« Reply #176 on: April 07, 2020, 07:42:08 PM »

I don't know a lot of John Prine's music, but his song Paradise is as much a part of my Kentucky soul as the grass, the bourbon and the horses:

Daddy, won’t you take me back to Muhlenberg County,

Down by the Green River where Paradise lay?

Well, I’m sorry my son, but you’re too late in asking.

Mr. Peabody’s coal train has hauled it away.
― Voltaire

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #177 on: April 07, 2020, 07:46:00 PM »

John Denver did a lot of his songs as did Bonnie Raitt

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #178 on: April 07, 2020, 07:46:56 PM »

I saw him in Sioux City back in 2011.  It was a very enjoyable evening

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #179 on: April 07, 2020, 07:49:13 PM »

"Samantha Van Oort: Ahh! Bruce! Just beautiful! 💕 " This was Samantha's comment on the link I shared to Bruce's Facebook Everything is Gonna Be All Right.  I think since I shared it it won't show up on your page, Bruce
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up