Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE ALL RIGHT  (Read 4103 times)

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
Re: EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE ALL RIGHT
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2020, 08:32:13 AM »

Surprisingly, I've been able to keep busy during these difficult days.

I finished re-formatting the 4 older books that I am switching over to Amazon, and they are now available for purchase there...at a lower price than before.

I'm working with 2 voice actors on audio editions of 2 plays in THE HOLLYWOOD LEGENDS Collection.

I just got a proof to correct of 1 or 2 books that BearManor will be releasing this year.

And, when all that is done, I have a new play in THE HOLLYWOOD LEGENDS series that I want to start writing.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 10:58:54 AM by Druxy »
You can dream…or you can do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2020, 08:44:24 AM »

DR George, YAY for all of your packages arriving.

Jane

« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2020, 09:42:53 AM »

Is anyone watching this PBS series World On Fire?

No.  Is it good?

Jane

« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2020, 09:44:20 AM »

I am back from market.  Key Foods is only allowing a certain number of people at a time and they give you ten minutes to get in and get out.  I got all I needed and hobbled out to the street to catch a taxi home.  I lost my balance and nearly fell, but i didn't.  I would have ended up in a puddle.  It took a while to find a cab, but I got home and Jeff, the super, helped me into the building.

I would think they would give people with disabilities a few more minutes.  I am glad you got everything you need, and that you did not fall into a puddle.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2020, 09:46:18 AM »

I had my appointment for communion this morning. Seven of us in masks spread around a few pews. No music. No bulletin. No sermon. Tape on the floor marked the appropriate distance to keep from each other. Plastic, disposable cups held the bread and wine. Somehow there was a spirit of togetherness.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

KevinH

« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2020, 10:17:13 AM »

BK:  Nice song in the notes!

Jane

« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2020, 11:16:22 AM »

I had my appointment for communion this morning. Seven of us in masks spread around a few pews. No music. No bulletin. No sermon. Tape on the floor marked the appropriate distance to keep from each other. Plastic, disposable cups held the bread and wine. Somehow there was a spirit of togetherness.

This sounds like the safest possible way to do this.

Jane

« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2020, 11:17:19 AM »

I just unpacked all of the individual WetOnes I had packed for our trip to Chicago.  We use them on the plane & wipe down the hotel rooms.

John G.

« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2020, 11:19:03 AM »

Today’s Weill includes The Firebrand of Florence and the Maria Friedman Lady in the Dark.  The singers on both could be better.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2020, 11:23:20 AM »

A few fires this morning but less this afternoon. Yay.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2020, 11:28:21 AM »

Today’s Weill includes The Firebrand of Florence and the Maria Friedman Lady in the Dark.  The singers on both could be better.

The Firebrand of Florence recording casting is terrible and the score is so good.  One man's death is another man's living.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2020, 12:17:37 PM »

The Firebrand of Florence recording casting is terrible and the score is so good.  One man's death is another man's living.

I do like George Dvorsky. But he doesn’t have enough to do.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2020, 12:19:29 PM »

What do you know of the label Capreccio? It was the same that released Weill’s Lindberghflug and Tge Tsar Gets His Photograph Taken. 
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2020, 12:51:06 PM »

Well, it took a while to locate the Babes In Toyland scripts.  There are two stacks of storage boxes, each stack about six boxes high, and of course they were in the bottom storage carton in the second stack.  I also had to move books,, souvenir programs, playbills, and the cartons of things going to Miami University to reach the two big stacks.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2020, 12:52:48 PM »

Completely miscast.  The role was created by Melville Cooper, and should have been cast by a comic actor of indeterminate age who's good at playing foggy old men, like Paul Ford or BK.

John G.

« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2020, 12:54:32 PM »

Completely miscast.  The role was created by Melville Cooper, and should have been cast by a comic actor of indeterminate age who's good at playing foggy old men, like Paul Ford or BK.

I’ve gone from bad to worse. Probably the worst recording of all, the OBC of LoveMusik.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2020, 12:54:51 PM »

What do you know of the label Capreccio? It was the same that released Weill’s Lindberghflug and Tge Tsar Gets His Photograph Taken. 

I know next to nothing.  I believe they committed to recording all of Weill's stage scores.  I love their Happy End recording and the Mahagonny isn't bad, although I prefer Lenya's recording for Columbia.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2020, 12:56:03 PM »

I’ve gone from bad to worse. Probably the worst recording of all, the OBC of LoveMusik.

You know what's really funny about that show? Tunick orchestrated it and he detests Weill's orchestrations.

John G.

« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2020, 01:01:43 PM »

You know what's really funny about that show? Tunick orchestrated it and he detests Weill's orchestrations.

I can tell. It doesn’t sound very Weill. Or well.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2020, 01:11:46 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - almost eight hours of sleep.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2020, 01:13:33 PM »

Food will be here in ninety minutes.  I'm hoping it's prepared the way I asked - extra crispy for the orange chicken, because I finally remembered that I got takeout from this place a few months ago and asked for extra crispy and it was not only NOT that, it was mooshy and inedible.  We shall see, but in the instructions on Grubhub I put that it was VERY important.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2020, 01:30:11 PM »

Question: I'm uploading it to YouTube - very slow going - ninety more minutes - but is Vimeo a better option?  They only allow 5GB but I now have that version, too.

John G.

« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2020, 01:53:29 PM »

I don’t know Vimeo.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2020, 02:01:45 PM »

The second I posted about this on Facebook that I was gonna put up something I directed privately for two days, one Equity-zealot gal I work with contacted me immediately and said Equity was making great deals for streaming stuff and I had to contact them if there were any Equity actors in it.  I took down the post and said I was not about to go through Equity.  First off, our leading man was paid a huge amount of money for the taping, paid personally  by Larry Cohen and we didn't go through Equity to do that and the leading man could get in trouble.  So, trying to do something nice and positive naturally isn't working.  So, I'll only make it available here and it cannot be shared with anyone and I know you folks will honor that. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2020, 02:14:45 PM »

Having watched some of it again, I forgot how really beautiful the production was.  And I have to say that the direction is pretty good :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2020, 02:15:34 PM »

I have, just for grins, dropped Equity a line - no mentions of what the show is or who the actor is - just to see what they're doing over there.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2020, 02:17:38 PM »

I already heard back - they don't know WHAT they're doing with my kind of request so they're looking at all this and will get back to me. 

Jane

« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2020, 02:25:44 PM »

Well, it took a while to locate the Babes In Toyland scripts.  There are two stacks of storage boxes, each stack about six boxes high, and of course they were in the bottom storage carton in the second stack.  I also had to move books,, souvenir programs, playbills, and the cartons of things going to Miami University to reach the two big stacks.

I am glad you located them.

ChasSmith

« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2020, 02:47:11 PM »

Sad to admit, but I know very little about Babes in Toyland. That will be rectified.

In the meantime, when my friend recently unloaded those scores & etc., this was there so I grabbed it.
I love where he bought it.  :)

ChasSmith

« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2020, 02:48:32 PM »

Sorry, that thing is huge on my screen, and I've reduced it three times.

Which you can tell by the fuzzy resolution.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up