Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SECOND TEST  (Read 3130 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE SECOND TEST
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2020, 01:44:52 PM »

Three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2020, 02:00:22 PM »

"I know a little bar down the street."

"I know a better one."
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2020, 02:01:38 PM »

We are considering the play version of PILLOW TALK - which actually does a nice job of transferring the movie to the stage....it has the ghosts of all of those great folks - but that good will is invaluable.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2020, 02:45:07 PM »

A truly bright light was distinguished today :(

Our friend who had been in the hospital with pneumonia and then released.  We thought she was improving.  Today we received news she has passed away.  Penny messaged me as this was a mutual school friend.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2020, 03:25:11 PM »

Our friend who had been in the hospital with pneumonia and then released.  We thought she was improving.  Today we received news she has passed away.  Penny messaged me as this was a mutual school friend.

That's sad.  So sorry.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2020, 03:25:44 PM »

I just spent 1.5 hours on the phone with Suad from NY State Senator José Serrano's office.  I am now registered for food delivery and (hopefully) self-employed unemployment benefits,  Suad was wonderful and patient, and I had a great time with her.  I need to call her tomorrow morning to confirm the unemployment application.

EXCELLENT news!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2020, 03:27:35 PM »

Annabelle is working my last nerve.  She nonchalantly ignored dinner while Stella and Thatch ate.  Starting around 5:15 she began begging for a treat and she didn't let up for the next hour.  6:30 is their treat time, and I'm wondering if that little minx isn't thinking, I can skip dinner and eat later?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2020, 03:37:04 PM »

Thursday evening greetings!  Usually at this time of evening we’re eating dinner and watching the 30 minutes of broadcast news we allow ourselves these days.  But tonight Richard’s stomach is bothering him, so he’s dozing and I’m keeping an eye on him.  I’ll fix myself a bite to eat, but not the nice spaghetti dinner I had planned.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2020, 04:25:08 PM »

That's sad.  So sorry.

Thank you.  It is very sad.  I have had 3 phone conversations with friends since hearing the news.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 04:27:09 PM by Jane »

Ginny

« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2020, 04:26:24 PM »

DR Jane, I’m so sorry to hear about your friend.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2020, 04:26:31 PM »

Thursday evening greetings!  Usually at this time of evening we’re eating dinner and watching the 30 minutes of broadcast news we allow ourselves these days.  But tonight Richard’s stomach is bothering him, so he’s dozing and I’m keeping an eye on him.  I’ll fix myself a bite to eat, but not the nice spaghetti dinner I had planned.

I hope he feels better super fast.

Jane

« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2020, 04:27:59 PM »

DR Jane, I’m so sorry to hear about your friend.

Thanks you.  She always made people smile and feel happy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2020, 05:12:23 PM »

I just spent 1.5 hours on the phone with Suad from NY State Senator José Serrano's office.  I am now registered for food delivery and (hopefully) self-employed unemployment benefits,  Suad was wonderful and patient, and I had a great time with her.  I need to call her tomorrow morning to confirm the unemployment application.

That's wonderful, Larry!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2020, 05:12:31 PM »

DR George, your package arrived today.  Thanks so much!

I haven't opened it yet, but I believe it's A Carol Christmas, which I will watch this weekend.

I'm glad you got it! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2020, 05:12:39 PM »

Jane, I'm so sorry.  My condolences to you and to her family.

John G.

« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2020, 05:29:36 PM »

Hugs and vibes for Jane. So, sorry about your friend.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2020, 05:29:58 PM »

Thank you.  Class reunions will never be the same without her as she was the heart of them.

John G.

« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2020, 05:33:35 PM »

Today is the 75th anniversary of Hitler killing himself, as the Washington Post reminded us in a graphic story. So, I decided to put on Judgment at Nuremberg tonight. I didn't realize the film was three hours. But what a cast. Spencer Tracy and Richard Widmark alone make it worth watching. But William Shatner and a few other lesser lights as well as Maximilian Schell are also on hand.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2020, 05:34:27 PM »

My only ?!?!?! moment so far was a title that Miss Dietrich's gowns were designed by Jean Louis. Just doesn't seem to fit the movie.
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2020, 05:41:24 PM »

That reminds me of something I meant to ask the other night after watching something. It might have been Thoroughly Modern Millie, but this particular thing had struck me on a couple of other movies recently as well.

The movie credit:  "GOWNS BY .........."

Because all of a sudden, I realized that's something you don't see any more. Or have I not been paying attention? It used to be such a regular thing, but I don't think I've seen it on any film made in the last few decades. Now, am I wrong about that? Do I exaggerate? Possibly. But it seems more like such a nice 1950s through 1970s thing, does it not?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 06:14:37 PM by ChasSmith »

John G.

« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2020, 05:42:33 PM »

I have made it to the last day of the Decameron. I'm surprised at how quickly this book has gone by and how much fun it is.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2020, 05:43:39 PM »

That reminds me of something I meant to ask the other night after watching something. It might have been Thoroughly Modern Millie, but this particular thing had struck me on a couple of other movies recently as well.

The movie credit:  "GOWNS BY .........."

Because all of a sudden, I realized that's something you don't see any more. Or have I not been paying attention? It used to be such a regular thing, but I don't think I've seen it on any film made in the last few decades. Now, am I wrong about that? Do I exaggerate? Possibly. But it seems more like such a lovely 19t0s through 1970s thing, does it not?

To paraphrase Elaine Stritch on a Sondheim jag, does anyone still wear a gown?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2020, 05:48:01 PM »

I'll drink it down.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2020, 05:48:27 PM »

And one for Jean Louis!
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2020, 05:48:33 PM »

So a little while ago I picked up my iPad, went to Facebook, and who do I see but one BK doing a new FB Live thing?

But I was on the web site, not using the iOS app, and FB Live doesn't work on that. So I changed over to the app, which I generally don't like, and got the video going. I missed whatever happened in the first few minutes, but the rest was looking fine.

Tonight I'll be back on the laptop again and we'll see how that goes. I'll try to catch both the FB and YT feeds. That's tricky only because you want to mute the one you're not actually watching, so it takes a few extra seconds when switching back and forth.

John G.

― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2020, 06:05:45 PM »

Testing, testing, and testing all the livelong day.  I couldn't even do a "live" video from my own page on the big boy computer - just wacky to me, could not get it to work.  But from the phone it works perfectly - same with the Kritzerland Upstairs at Vitello's page - easy from the phone, which is how we're doing it anyway, but not from the computer.  ChasSmith and Ginny were there for a bit.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2020, 06:07:27 PM »

For those having issues on YouTube - again, Hartley was monitoring both sites last night and everything was fine.  I am told that Facebook was glitching for a lot of people last night, and the image did freeze for a second, so that explains that.  But YouTube is wonky in the best of circumstances and if you don't have solid Internet speeds it can behave poorly - the default should be watching on Facebook.

Jennifer

« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2020, 06:08:23 PM »

I'm sorry.

George

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up