Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: OUT ON A LIMB  (Read 21454 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:OUT ON A LIMB
« Reply #120 on: April 05, 2005, 12:25:10 PM »

Sorry DR SWW and DR WFO....sometimes when I commentating I don't go back to the original page.  

Ebonics?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2005, 12:29:05 PM »

Yo got dat rite, bro!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2005, 12:29:58 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Well here is a start on the HHW A CHORUS LINE.

ZACH:  Guy Haines

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2005, 12:31:15 PM »

The pork fat will help baste the meat, but the cooking time won't change.

Leaving the roast out to come to room temperature sure helps if it was frozen before!  No, more seriously, it will cut down on the time for the internal temp to rise, which will help break down the connective tissues.  It's this break down that makes the meat tender, but it doesn't happen quickly, so just relax and plan on a late dinner.

The real problem with leaving the meat out is making sure no canines in the house can get to it.   :-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2005, 12:35:38 PM »

Der Brucer and I will alternate nightly for the role of Kristine.   :P
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #125 on: April 05, 2005, 12:48:03 PM »

LOL, she plays Lola Lavery the young starlet who comes to the big show at the beginning of the movie with "diamonds in her hair" and is supposed to meet Norman there.

That's "lovely Lola Lavery. . . ."

She's also in one of the cut moments that are covered only by stills and the soundtrack.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #126 on: April 05, 2005, 12:51:32 PM »

Had a not very satisfying lunch at Bojangles. Don't know if this is a national chain, but it's akin to Popeye's.

Matt H.

« Reply #127 on: April 05, 2005, 12:56:54 PM »

I read about that "scandalous" VANITY FAIR cover shoot, and I have some problems with the information. The women are all different sizes, so why would it matter who got in the dressing room first? They're not going to have the same clothes, no way.

As for this salary business, ABC paid all five leading actresses plus James Denton a quarter of a million dollars each salary bonuses for their work this year. I seriously doubt they will meet any $1 million salary demands for any of them, if in fact it's true they asked for that. They had to have signed contracts at the start of the series for a certain number of years at a guaranteed salary. Usually, a network will make reasonable increases if a show's popularity continues past the first couple of years, but there is NO way any of those actors is going to be given $1 million an episode this early in the game, if at all.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: April 05, 2005, 01:03:09 PM »

All Hong Kong discs arrived except Mambo Girl which is in backorder.  One of the two UK packages arrived.  I don't know why three packages all sent from the same place on the same day wouldn't all arrive on the same day (yesterday).  One got here yesterday, one today, but the one that hasn't arrived is the expensive item and that is both worrisome and bothersome, not necessarily in that order.  On top of that, there was a slip saying I had a package, and they couldn't find it (then tried to say that slip might have been from yesterday).  It wasn't.  So, I've told them to keep looking and call me if they find anything or if it arrives later today.

Jennifer

« Reply #129 on: April 05, 2005, 01:08:31 PM »

Two hours, 300F.  But it would be better to go three hours, or at least two and a half.  The longer, the better.  Low and slow.

Okay I will try my 2 lber (1kg) for 2 hours at 300F.  I'm just afraid I will overcook it.  Thanks.

MBarnum

« Reply #130 on: April 05, 2005, 01:10:35 PM »

A nice haul!

I am hoping to get a big box of Bollywood soon...it is way overdue! I paid for priority shipping and it shipped back on the 28th!

MBarnum

« Reply #131 on: April 05, 2005, 01:11:23 PM »

MAMBO GIRL... I just love that title!

Jennifer

« Reply #132 on: April 05, 2005, 01:12:46 PM »

Btw, I am having a lovely (NOT!) email back and forth with the people at Videotron (they provide our cable here).  Even though it is THEM who switches to the Canadian feed of EYES at 10pm on wed (so i keep missing the end of ABC's ALIAS) they do not want to take the blame.  They keep telling me to email other people!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #133 on: April 05, 2005, 01:14:05 PM »

Had a not very satisfying lunch at Bojangles. Don't know if this is a national chain, but it's akin to Popeye's.
Bojangles is "somewhat" national, mostly along the Eastern Seaboard (but not in Delaware, which is strange considering how much Delaware is into chicken production).

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #134 on: April 05, 2005, 01:16:03 PM »

Tonight is opening night for DRJOSE in MAMMA MIA! in Indianapolis!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #135 on: April 05, 2005, 01:18:29 PM »

A tanker truck has pulled up, delivering propane.  Mikey and Peggy gave them fair warning that the house is well protected, but the delivery continues.  Bonnie is watching the deliverymen very carefully, making sure they don't misbehave.

Good doggies!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #136 on: April 05, 2005, 01:18:30 PM »

I am a very bad cook (shut up, DR Sandra!)

Hey, you said it, not me!

I, on the other hand, am a fantastic cook. Please refer to my world-famous floop and my newest culinary creation, "big bowl of stuff." Delicious.

I second the vibes motion for Angel Jim. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #137 on: April 05, 2005, 01:22:05 PM »

Anyone want to check out how compatable they are with Sam J. Jones?

I was trying to find some of those photographs the others are remembering so well, and found this instead.

The site will also let you find out with whom you are most compatable.

I'm most compatable with Arnold Schwartznegger!  Eeeew!  Cigars are a turn-off for me!

MBarnum

« Reply #138 on: April 05, 2005, 01:22:53 PM »

Tonight is opening night for DRJOSE in MAMMA MIA! in Indianapolis!

What night are you going JRand54?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #139 on: April 05, 2005, 01:24:34 PM »

Hey, you said it, not me!

I, on the other hand, am a fantastic cook. Please refer to my world-famous floop and my newest culinary creation, "big bowl of stuff." Delicious.

I second the vibes motion for Angel Jim. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DR Sandra, you must post the recipe for "big bowl of stuff," you culinary goddess you!

Matt H.

« Reply #140 on: April 05, 2005, 01:24:49 PM »

Break a leg, DR Jose!

Jennifer

« Reply #141 on: April 05, 2005, 01:25:40 PM »

DR MattH, yes the DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES story seems a bit off.  Also allegedly Teri Hatcher walked off the shoot crying. It will be interesting to hear her story tonight (I will try to remember to watch Access Hollywood).

I think they were saying that Teri's suit was bright red and that was the most desirable suit (it would catch the reader's eye).

I'm sure some of the women are the same size. But perhaps they had the same suits in different sizes (so they could choose).

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #142 on: April 05, 2005, 01:35:36 PM »

The Desperate Housewives story seems...like something from Dynasty.  I've been watching Iron Chef America instead.  (Maybe when it comes out on DVD...)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #143 on: April 05, 2005, 01:54:00 PM »

DRs Ginny, Joey, and I will be attending the 1 pm Sunday matinee performance of Jose Simbulan's MAMMA MIA!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #144 on: April 05, 2005, 02:11:31 PM »

Interesting outcome for a case brought by an employee who obviously doesn't have a mirror in her apartment.  :P

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050404/ap_on_re_us/sexy_librarian

The jury only ruled against her because she was so pretty.

MBarnum

« Reply #145 on: April 05, 2005, 02:11:40 PM »

Many good vibes for Angel Jim!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #146 on: April 05, 2005, 02:21:44 PM »

I think that's true DRRODZINSKI.

And she probably wore her open-necked jeans to court.

Ginny

« Reply #147 on: April 05, 2005, 02:43:06 PM »

DRs Ginny, Joey, and I will be attending the 1 pm Sunday matinee performance of Jose Simbulan's MAMMA MIA!

Plus, Ginny's DH Richard!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #148 on: April 05, 2005, 02:53:24 PM »

DR Sandra, you must post the recipe for "big bowl of stuff," you culinary goddess you!

It's really very simple. Its genius is in its simplicity.

Here it is...

Big Bowl of Stuff

1. Find the biggest bowl in your kitchen.

2. Fill it with whatever you have in the fridge. (This is the "stuff.")

3. Eat it.

This recipe is pretty flexible. It gives you a lot of opportunities to customize it.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 02:55:31 PM by Sandra »
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #149 on: April 05, 2005, 02:56:20 PM »

Anyone want to check out how compatable they are with Sam J. Jones?

I was trying to find some of those photographs the others are remembering so well, and found this instead.

The site will also let you find out with whom you are most compatable.

I'm most compatable with Arnold Schwartznegger!  Eeeew!  Cigars are a turn-off for me!

The site said that I was most compatable with Gerard Butler! ::) Russell Crowe and Cary Elwes were each 99% compatable.  Andy Lau (who's he?) and Tim Roth were each 98% compatable.  I'm not picky...I'll take whoever wants me! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up