Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WEEK CONTINUES  (Read 25661 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re:THE WEEK CONTINUES
« Reply #150 on: April 07, 2005, 01:50:50 PM »

Thank you Rodzinski.

JMK how long ago did you stay here?  Do you remember if it was the Mark Antony you stayed at?  

It was the year I met Betsy.  In fact, it was the week after our first date!!  I took a weeklong driving trip all through central and southern Oregon (in the old Cadillac I had gotten from my father, LOL), and then drove all the way up the coast.  I can't remember what it was.  It was a two story motel with a pool and I remember the parking lot kind of was up on the bluff and overlooked the rest of the street (heading up towards the left in your photo).  I want to say it was something like a Holiday Inn, but I don't think that's it.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #151 on: April 07, 2005, 01:52:30 PM »

Yes, the second season of THE MOLE, the season that I had applied to be on, ran three episodes and was then taken off due to low ratings (they had moved it to Friday night). The next summer, ABC burned off the episodes, but we did at least get to see the show. It didn't have the snap and fun of the first edition, but I didn't guess who the mole was in either edition of the show.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #152 on: April 07, 2005, 01:53:31 PM »

My first color TV was in 1968 or 1969.  Sometime before we got married Keith insisted I get one for my apartment.  It was the beginning of a life with Keith and the need for the best technology available if we could afford it or not.  ;D

Jane

« Reply #153 on: April 07, 2005, 01:55:07 PM »

JMK either the hotel no longer exists or it was to the right of the Plaza and is now the Bard's Inn.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #154 on: April 07, 2005, 01:55:50 PM »

It was the beginning of a life with Keith and the need for the best technology available if we could afford it or not.  ;D

Well, yeah! You've got to have SOMETHING to show off to the neighbors!  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #155 on: April 07, 2005, 01:58:16 PM »

td, my condolences...

JMK

« Reply #156 on: April 07, 2005, 02:08:53 PM »

Maybe someone can explain the logic behind this best-yet question just received from an eBay buyer department:

Re:  the 50th Anniversary edition VHS with booklet of Wizard of Oz (listing includes complete Muse information, all the stars, information on the sepia and Technicolor segments).

Is your Wizard of Oz video the one that's black on white (sic) all the way through?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: April 07, 2005, 02:09:13 PM »

LOLLYGAG!

Back from luncheon with Miss Tammy Minoff.  It was fun to hear her thoughts on my new tome, which she does indeed like the best of all my books.  She went into quite some detail about her favorite moments and characters - she's just a real honest to goodness reader, and she retains an amazing amount of detail and was really specific in a way that truly surprised me.  Anyway, felt good to hear.

No packages today.  

JMK

« Reply #158 on: April 07, 2005, 02:10:35 PM »

Is your Wizard of Oz video the one that's black on white (sic) all the way through?

It just occurred to me, DRMB you don't have a "private video" of you with that Duncan fellow on eBay right now, do you?   :o

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #159 on: April 07, 2005, 02:17:20 PM »

RLP, the point of my first post about eBay questions was:  if I had lied about the item being mint in my description (which is really what is implied by the buyer's question), why for heaven's sake would I suddenly tell the truth if someone asked me if it were really mint?  

The potential buyer would then have correspondence from you in which you lied...and he could provide that to EBay and get restitution for the bad transaction and EBay would have something with which to take action against you.

It is still in his best interest to ask.

I know it must be frustrating to get all those questions you find quite dumb, stupid and moronic.

Those people are folks who may not know what the terminology (uncut roadshow, etc.) means...they're "our" aunts and uncles and cousins and brothers and sisters..and friends.

But I get it...I do.  They're too stupid to live.  They're to be mocked at all costs.  How dumb they are.  Ha.  Ha-ha-ha.

:-\

« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 02:20:04 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #160 on: April 07, 2005, 02:23:07 PM »

I am very sorry about your dad, TD.

And vibes to everyone who needs them. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am very tired. I think I'm about to fall asleep. Probably because I didn't get a Cherry Coke this morning. I'd better go get one now before I have to go to Rhetoric.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: April 07, 2005, 02:29:56 PM »

Interesting day: good editorial work on BABESIN TOYAND, but my research calls to the University of Wisconsin and Eastman School of Music libraries concernng their Tams-Witmark collections turned up nothing helpful.  On the plus side, it means no traveling, but I've got questions I need answered!

I also received two packages from Amazon.uk:  autobiographies by actors John Fraser and Denis Quilley.  I'm still waiting for the new John Schlesinger bio to show up.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #162 on: April 07, 2005, 02:29:56 PM »

As for frozen peas... Always.  Canned ones have always been way too mushy for me.  Although a can of Veg-All has been known to come through in a pinch from time to time - whatever that means. ;)  I think the only vegetables I buy canned are tomatoes.  -And, yes, I know, technically, they are a fruit...
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

« Reply #163 on: April 07, 2005, 02:31:22 PM »

Jane, I think maybe it was the Bard's Inn and I'm turned around in your picture, LOL.  It was the first motel you came to as you entered town.  I remember the Unity Church was on the right driving in then down a few more blocks was this hotel on the left.  Unless of course, that's completely wrong.   ::)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #164 on: April 07, 2005, 02:35:25 PM »

Well...it is if you watch it on a b/w tv, isn't it?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JMK

« Reply #165 on: April 07, 2005, 02:40:28 PM »

RLP, I don't know who your connections at eBay are, but I can tell you I have never been able to "get restitution" for a bad eBay buy even when I have not gotten the item, even when I have copious emails from the seller.  That goes double for PayPal purchases.  They do absolutely nothing (in my experience), even when you file a fraud claim.  And using the eBay "Safe Harbor" system is a joke, as  many others here will attest (including BK who has posted about this vociferously through the years).  I think all of us who use eBay would appreciate you educating us as to how "restitution" can be gotten, because I sure as heck haven't figured it out.

Sorry you seem to have taken so seriously (waaaay seriously) what were meant to be passingly amusing comments.  I think those that know me personally from this board will attest to the fact that I am a kind and caring individual.  I have looked over my comments and see nothing indicative of saying anybody is "too stupid to live," and the other comments you ascribe to me.  However comments like "black on white version of Wizard of Oz" are simply too cherche to pass up, IMHO.   ;D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 02:44:43 PM by JMK »

JMK

« Reply #166 on: April 07, 2005, 02:41:47 PM »

Well...it is if you watch it on a b/w tv, isn't it?

That's almost what I thought this person meant.   I was incredibly restrained in my response, if I do say so myself.  :)

Jane

« Reply #167 on: April 07, 2005, 02:47:36 PM »

Jane, I think maybe it was the Bard's Inn and I'm turned around in your picture, LOL.  It was the first motel you came to as you entered town.  I remember the Unity Church was on the right driving in then down a few more blocks was this hotel on the left.  Unless of course, that's completely wrong.   ::)

That is it.  We stayed there on our second trip to Ashland.  

JMK

« Reply #168 on: April 07, 2005, 02:52:26 PM »

JR, have you seen the new "autographed picture of Frances Farmer" signed by Boris Karloff?  (I'm sure it's a mistaken double listing, I emailed the seller).   ;D

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #169 on: April 07, 2005, 02:52:31 PM »

BK, do you have copies of your commercials?

François de Paris

« Reply #170 on: April 07, 2005, 02:56:52 PM »

Hi Larry.  I've just been listening/watching Ron Raines sing "Gigi".  A wonderful performance.

I hate to disagree with you, Tom, but if you refer to Ron's performance on Favo(u)rite Broadway (Love Songs) I find him ill at ease during the song and find that too when listening to the cd;and G.d knows if I'm fond of Ron's voice!
Oh... well....

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #171 on: April 07, 2005, 02:59:30 PM »

Dear BK and my fellow Dear Readers,

Which flavor Tootsie Roll Pop do you prefer? I am eating a raspberry Tootsie Roll Pop right now with my Cherry Coke.

Rhetoric isn't so bad if I bring a lot of candy with me.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #172 on: April 07, 2005, 03:02:51 PM »

RLP, I don't know who your connections at eBay are, but I can tell you I have never been able to "get restitution" for a bad eBay buy even when I have not gotten the item, even when I have copious emails from the seller.  That goes double for PayPal purchases.  They do absolutely nothing (in my experience), even when you file a fraud claim.  And using the eBay "Safe Harbor" system is a joke, as  many others here will attest (including BK who has posted about this vociferously through the years).  I think all of us who use eBay would appreciate you educating us as to how "restitution" can be gotten, because I sure as heck haven't figured it out.

Sorry you seem to have taken so seriously (waaaay seriously) what were meant to be passingly amusing comments.  I think those that know me personally from this board will attest to the fact that I am a kind and caring individual.  I have looked over my comments and see nothing indicative of saying anybody is "too stupid to live," and the other comments you ascribe to me.  However comments like "black on white version of Wizard of Oz" are simply too cherche to pass up, IMHO.   ;D

I have had zero troubles with PayPal.  And you're right...it isn't eBay, but PayPal that has a program that guarantees the sale.  I've turned to PayPal on two occasions and each time received fast, helpful service.  I followed their recommendations and got assurances that if the seller did not wish to reimburse me they would replace my funds.  Each time, the seller reimbursed.

There was no magic to it.  I simply followed their procedure.

I used hyperbole in my last post, admittedly.  I never attributed those comments to you directly...they described the impressions I got from your assortment of samples.

My impressions of you have always been as you described yourself above...that you are a kind and caring person.  It's why I was so surprised at the sharing of comments that I  construed as poking furn at "dumb comments" from "dumb buyers."  

I don't know what you believe you are indicating when you use  ::), but to me it means the user is being very "patient" with someone he or she holds in some form of contempt.

I was backhanded a few times as a youngster for rolling my eyes.

Probably a few others have that association with rolling eyes, too.

I've never sold on eBay, so perhaps you'll forgive my thin skin on the subject of "buyers."  I'm sure I've overreacted.  Hope it didn't offend anyone "too" much.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 03:05:01 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #173 on: April 07, 2005, 03:03:06 PM »

JMK haven't seen the Frances/Boris photo.  I will check.

Bad news dept:

Actress Debralee Scott passed away Tuesday evening in Florida.  Loved her as Cathy Shumway in MARY HARTMAN, MARY HARTMAN.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #174 on: April 07, 2005, 03:04:53 PM »

1953-2005  :'(

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #175 on: April 07, 2005, 03:22:30 PM »

Oh, she was on KOTTER as well! Gee.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #176 on: April 07, 2005, 03:26:37 PM »

Yup - Hotsy Totsy herself!

JMK

« Reply #177 on: April 07, 2005, 03:37:24 PM »

Re:  PayPal.  I have never received a refund from PayPal itself, despite their promises of "buyer protection."  On one occasion a seller did refund my money when I began the claim process.  I have an open claim right now involving a seller who has admitted she hasn't shipped the item (almost a month after I paid).  Nothing has happened and I don't expect anything will.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: April 07, 2005, 03:49:09 PM »

Oh, my goodness.  Debralee Scott is someone I knew VERY very well.  I met her because she was understudying Betsy Slade when I did Forget-Me-Not Lane at the Taper.  We hung out quite a bit, dated for awhile.  I've seen her many times over the years - the last time a couple of years ago.  I still have the card she handed to me at that time (she was managing people, if I remember correctly).  Weird at times, but very nice.  Shocking.  What did she die of.

I just spent five hours heating the pool and was about to go for a swim.  It just started drizzling.  Unbelievable.

I do have copies of some of my commercials in 16mm.  I should have them transfered at some point.  I also have the complete uncut Dirty Harry Strikes Back sequence from The Creature Wasn't Nice - the version that's in Naked Space is missing its entire middle section, which features the great Kenneth Tobey as the Mayor.  I probably have five or six of my commercials.  I also have my final commercial (the Energizer Bunny with Rip Torn) on tape somewhere.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #179 on: April 07, 2005, 03:55:36 PM »

1953-2005  :'(

Her 52nd birthday was five days ago!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up