Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TYPING AND TWIDDLING  (Read 2979 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: TYPING AND TWIDDLING
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2020, 01:24:05 PM »

Thank you, Jane.

I'm glad you're drinking plenty of water. You need to thin your blood to make up for what was taken. Many people are under-hydrated.

Right, and I suspected I was not drinking enough water the last couple of days.  The blood draws more easily if you are hydrated.

As Dr Stephen Sinatra says, you want your blood to be the consistency of red wine, not ketchup.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2020, 01:25:44 PM »

Healing vibes for Jeanne.

Thank you, John G!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2020, 01:29:49 PM »

It annoys me that we can send people into space, but can't seem to do a better job with mundane things like providing rides to those who are infirm. There was a small company here several years ago who did just that. I used them several times. But Lyft and Uber drove them out of business. They had to charge more, but they made sure you make it safely to your door. 

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2020, 01:30:54 PM »

TTFN.

ChasSmith

« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2020, 01:54:09 PM »

I just logged in here to post something.

What in the HELL was it?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2020, 01:58:44 PM »

Back from the mail place.  The air outside is unbelievable - smoky, unbreathable, and brown, thanks to all the fires, the largest of which, I think, was started because of a gender reveal party, yet another idiotic and inane "thing" that people do.

Of all the stupid ways fires have accidentally been started this top the cake.  Oh wait, a cake.  Might that have been the way to reveal the gender  ::) :(

Jane

« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2020, 02:00:13 PM »

Bruce Siri says your air quality is 152 while ours is 176  :o

Jane

« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2020, 02:01:01 PM »

It annoys me that we can send people into space, but can't seem to do a better job with mundane things like providing rides to those who are infirm. There was a small company here several years ago who did just that. I used them several times. But Lyft and Uber drove them out of business. They had to charge more, but they made sure you make it safely to your door. 

I am so sorry you have to deal with that.  What about a private car service or a taxi?

Jane

« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2020, 02:01:29 PM »

Thank you, Jane.

I'm glad you're drinking plenty of water. You need to thin your blood to make up for what was taken. Many people are under-hydrated.

Right, and I suspected I was not drinking enough water the last couple of days.  The blood draws more easily if you are hydrated.

As Dr Stephen Sinatra says, you want your blood to be the consistency of red wine, not ketchup.

;D

Jane

« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2020, 02:02:17 PM »

What a shame.  Is there a tracking app you can get on your phone so you know when to go down to meet the car, before they arrive?

No, and it's really difficult to know when they'll arrive, as the estimates are way off. Once (with Lyft) I had to call three times and it took an hour. I was not supposed to be on my feet and there is nowhere to sit down once you're outside. Most architects make no provision for such things. Most of the offices in this building are medical offices and many patients arrange for rides. Ideally, there'd be a driveway where drivers could pull off the busy street and actually help patients into the cars. As it is, it's difficult to locate your ride, especially since Lyft often tells you to expect a red Ford and then your driver arrives in a gold something-else. I happened to mention to a nurse yesterday that they need benches outside (there's plenty of room) and she said others have said the same. She may mention it to the management.

This just isn't right.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2020, 02:24:46 PM »

HEALING VIBES FOR DR JEANNE!

~~~SUPER DITTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

ChasSmith

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2020, 02:30:35 PM »

Thank you, Jane.

;D

And NOT the consistency of Luxardo "The Original Maraschino Cherries" syrup!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2020, 03:32:08 PM »

Must try a few of those suggested Requiems that I don't know.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2020, 03:32:52 PM »

I made the not so faux beef stroganoff.  It took some getting used to because I've grown accustomed to the chicken and her face.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2020, 03:33:16 PM »

But it was good and I ate it all up and I'm REALLY full, but the calorie count is the calorie count.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2020, 03:39:17 PM »

I especially liked Dame Diana and Dame Maggie in EVIL UNDER THE SUN.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2020, 03:41:00 PM »

Haven't had to use the air conditioner all day....which is nice.

Tonight is game three in the Golden Knights/Dallas Stars - games are tied at 1 each.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2020, 03:46:58 PM »

Thursday evening greetings!  We ventured to the Dayton ‘burbs today to visit the Apple Store.  They had security outside taking temperatures, asking questions, and sorting people according to appointment v. no appointment.  Inside, everyone was masked and distant and one young lady was in charge of wiping surfaces.  Hunter, my Genius, performed some diagnostics on my iPhone and declared it dead.  I left there with a spiffy new phone, which is pretty much what I expected.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2020, 03:48:10 PM »

We stopped at one of our favorite sandwich places on the way home for takeout - lunch AND dinner.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2020, 03:49:49 PM »

Hello, everyone.

I slept well last night and am feeling more comfortable this morning. That said, I couldn't keep my eyes open by 9 am and feel like I've been hit by a truck. I put a few days aside for just recovery. If I don't need it, great. There's always plenty to keep me busy.

Great to see you here, DR Jeanne.  Remember, HHW is a great place to convalesce!

Jane

« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2020, 04:11:29 PM »

Thursday evening greetings!  We ventured to the Dayton ‘burbs today to visit the Apple Store.  They had security outside taking temperatures, asking questions, and sorting people according to appointment v. no appointment.  Inside, everyone was masked and distant and one young lady was in charge of wiping surfaces.  Hunter, my Genius, performed some diagnostics on my iPhone and declared it dead.  I left there with a spiffy new phone, which is pretty much what I expected.

It is nice to know they are being extra cautious.

Ginny

« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2020, 04:14:50 PM »

Yes, DR Jane, we figured if any establishment was doing it right it would be Apple.  It was probably the most crowded place we’d been for about 6 months.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2020, 04:26:28 PM »

Ninety minutes to Facebook and YouTube Live test - join us for FUN!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2020, 04:28:11 PM »

Signed copies of Michael Cohen's book (10,000) have hit eBay - the jerks there have prices all the way up to 250 bucks (lowest is about 80 bucks) - You could order it from the publisher's site when it was announced for 40 bucks, which is what all these shmucks did.  I have it here now and look forward to reading it.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2020, 04:37:07 PM »

What a shame.  Is there a tracking app you can get on your phone so you know when to go down to meet the car, before they arrive?

No, and it's really difficult to know when they'll arrive, as the estimates are way off. Once (with Lyft) I had to call three times and it took an hour. I was not supposed to be on my feet and there is nowhere to sit down once you're outside. Most architects make no provision for such things. Most of the offices in this building are medical offices and many patients arrange for rides. Ideally, there'd be a driveway where drivers could pull off the busy street and actually help patients into the cars. As it is, it's difficult to locate your ride, especially since Lyft often tells you to expect a red Ford and then your driver arrives in a gold something-else. I happened to mention to a nurse yesterday that they need benches outside (there's plenty of room) and she said others have said the same. She may mention it to the management.

I have never actually called a car using my phone.  I know when we are out and Keith orders a taxi, Uber, or Lyft from his phone he can track where they are and how close they are to us.  Granted the ETA often changes due to traffic but he still has an idea.

George

« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2020, 04:40:05 PM »

Congrats on the new phone, Ginny, but too bad your old phone had to die.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2020, 04:40:22 PM »

Signed copies of Michael Cohen's book (10,000) have hit eBay - the jerks there have prices all the way up to 250 bucks (lowest is about 80 bucks) - You could order it from the publisher's site when it was announced for 40 bucks, which is what all these shmucks did.  I have it here now and look forward to reading it.

I just told Keith he may have missed his chance at ordering the books he wants since he delayed.  He also wants "Fear:....".

George

« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2020, 04:52:12 PM »

We stopped at one of our favorite sandwich places on the way home for takeout - lunch AND dinner.

Today I went to the local Meconi's Subs and ordered a Combo (Cosmo...which means it's toasted), with added pepperoni and extra onions.  And I wanted the tomatoes toasted (I actually only do that so they're under everything that's added after toasting and don't stick out...weird, I know ;) ). 

George

« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2020, 04:52:56 PM »

HOWEVER, when I got my sandwich, it took me a few bites to notice that 1, the tomatoes weren't toasted which meant that 2, the sandwich wasn't toasted, and 3, they didn't put on any pepperoni!  I paid extra for the pepperoni! >:(

George

« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2020, 04:53:07 PM »

All of that info WAS on my receipt, so whoever assembled it, didn't read it.  I was able to let them know and they did remake my sandwich correctly, and now I still have most of the original (incorrect) sandwich left over for dinner tonight! :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up