Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: KRITZERLAND AT HOME 109  (Read 2541 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: KRITZERLAND AT HOME 109
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2020, 07:33:46 AM »

Every morning as I wake the smell of smoke is stronger than the day and night before.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2020, 07:47:39 AM »

Thanks for the laundry report DR ELMORE.

It might encourage me to do the same.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2020, 07:47:48 AM »

Congrats DR DRUXY.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2020, 07:48:54 AM »

And in astrological news:

When it comes to love, tomorrow’s Venus-Uranus square aims to shake things up. If you’re already in a relationship, you might find yourself looking at other people and wondering “what if.” If you’re single, you might be thinking about an ex and wondering if you should have stayed together. Or maybe you’re with/attracted to someone who’s not that great for you.

Under this rebellious and unpredictable Venus-Uranus aspect, it’s natural to be questioning love now, but that doesn’t make you feel much better about the uncertainty surrounding you. Love is a big deal, and when you aren’t sure about it, that uncertainty affects all areas of your life.

ChasSmith

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2020, 08:58:28 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2020, 08:58:39 AM »

JUST in the nick of time.

ChasSmith

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2020, 09:20:20 AM »

Instead of "favorites" (impossible to choose), the most "special" to me was Pamela Myers and "Another Hundred People" - fifty years later, complete, and in the original key.

DR Elmore or BK -- how many keyboard instruments were in the original Broadway pit? This song was on RMI, right? - on that harpsichord-ish setting? Did that instrument also cover the organ bits? Was a real piano used at all?

Anyway, damned good work by Richard Allen. I was fooled at first, thinking maybe she had an actual orchestral track. That was a masterful job.

ChasSmith

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2020, 09:24:14 AM »

Naturally, Petula Clark was very special, and it's so wonderful to see and hear what fantastic shape she's in.

Always good to see Jason Graae, and his incredible sense of humor is so welcome.

And what can I say, Kerry O'Malley always knocks it out of the park. The Follies song, very very special.

ChasSmith

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2020, 09:30:51 AM »

And Beth Malone! Talk about someone in command of her skills and faculties, and so at ease. Holy moly.

I could watch and listen to Adrienne Stiefel sing just about anything. Maybe even read the phone book. Hey, maybe someone should do that on one of these shows. Or not. I'm not exactly full of great ideas sometimes, so you might want to disregard that one.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2020, 09:33:46 AM »

Instead of "favorites" (impossible to choose), the most "special" to me was Pamela Myers and "Another Hundred People" - fifty years later, complete, and in the original key.

DR Elmore or BK -- how many keyboard instruments were in the original Broadway pit? This song was on RMI, right? - on that harpsichord-ish setting? Did that instrument also cover the organ bits? Was a real piano used at all?

Anyway, damned good work by Richard Allen. I was fooled at first, thinking maybe she had an actual orchestral track. That was a masterful job.

I don't recall any piano in COMPANY.  There were two guitars, two percussion, and keyboard (RMI) doing the harpsichord and organ.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2020, 09:34:47 AM »

All of the regulars are always good, and it was especially nice to see Mackenzie Wrap having a moment to shine. I know her face from previous ensembles and at least one trio, but had she been featured in a solo or duet before this?

ChasSmith

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2020, 09:40:50 AM »

I don't recall any piano in COMPANY.  There were two guitars, two percussion, and keyboard (RMI) doing the harpsichord and organ.

Thanks. I asked because the original PC score (the handwritten one) is one of those in which it looks like piano could be used where indicated by the larger notes. But it also makes no distinction between keyboards, other than indicating the organ. It doesn't even say anything about harpsichord on this song.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2020, 10:00:22 AM »

I just got finished with the show. Great work from everyone. Kudos to all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2020, 10:03:29 AM »

If I had to pick a favorite of favorites, it would be Another Hundred People. The sounded differently from a woman 50 years older than she originally sang it. Her perspective was different. Plus, the whole song had a different vibe and feel in these pandemic times.

It was as if I were hearing the song for the first time.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2020, 10:04:21 AM »

I love Kerry. I love Fifty Percent. Great equation, putting them together.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2020, 10:05:00 AM »

Peyton and your new song, BK, rocked.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2020, 10:05:32 AM »

Beth Malone was a real treat. Loved the song, too.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2020, 11:05:33 AM »

Our air quality was over 500 this morning, then down to 500.  It has begun dropping again.  Fingers crossed it continues downward and doesn't come back up.  There is no sign of the hoped for rain until maybe later in the week.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2020, 11:50:09 AM »

I finished laundry around noon and brought it up.  Then I lay down for a bit before I took the laundry cart back to the basement with the recyclables and garbage.  Then I put away a few more things and lay down with Stella.  I needed a nap, but I just nodded.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2020, 12:50:09 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - over ten hours of sleep, which I guess I needed.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2020, 12:50:25 PM »

Love reading your comments.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2020, 01:07:42 PM »

This old coot was up too late.  I think I prefer to watch the day after, and I will elucidate.

I turned off the computer as soon as I closed up shop, brushed a demanding Annabelle and Thatch, and got to bed around 10:15.  I was so wound up, I could not get "Here You Come Again" out of my head.  And for two hours I lay in bed, tossing, running through the song, thinking about the show, and getting NO SLEEP!

I took a Tizanidine around 12:30 and slept some time after that.  At 5:00 I woke to Stella jumping all over me, went back to sleep, and dreamed I was a student at Miami U in Ohio but living in a cheap Manhattan apartment with roommates.  Most of the dream was about cleaning the bathroom and waiting for the bathtub to drain while the parents of my roommates waited on the street collecting cartons of FreshDirect food.

I got almost no sleep also mostly because "Smile" was going through my head!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2020, 01:12:42 PM »

I do have one bit of exciting news: my friend Rob Berman is in zoom rehearsals for a new musical.  I don't know who's directing.

That's exciting!  Do you know anything else about the new musical?  Who's writing it?  What's it called??  Inquiring minds want to know!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2020, 01:17:54 PM »

Every morning as I wake the smell of smoke is stronger than the day and night before.

Interesting.  The website that I had been looking at the last few days:
https://www.iqair.com/us/usa/washington/olympia
right now shows the air quality as 169.

This website:
https://www.wunderground.com/health/us/wa/olympia/98506
right now says the air quality is 219!

But this website:
https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/olympia/98501/air-quality-index/331418
right now says the air quality is 293! :o

George

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2020, 01:18:01 PM »

WTH??

George

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2020, 01:37:21 PM »

???

Ginny

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2020, 01:40:55 PM »

Monday afternoon greetings!  I have spent most of the day cleaning off my desk - filing, shredding, and getting snail mail ready to go out tomorrow.  It's not perfect, but it's a lot better.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2020, 01:41:39 PM »

Interesting.  The website that I had been looking at the last few days:
https://www.iqair.com/us/usa/washington/olympia
right now shows the air quality as 169.

This website:
https://www.wunderground.com/health/us/wa/olympia/98506
right now says the air quality is 219!

But this website:
https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/olympia/98501/air-quality-index/331418
right now says the air quality is 293! :o

Currently the site we have been using, https://www.airnow.gov/?city=Olympia&state=WA&country=USA, shows the air quality at 211.

Siri says it is 220.  Hmmm, here she usually agrees with airnow.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2020, 01:43:22 PM »

Songs going through my head is the biggest cause of loss of sleep, I must say.  I ordered food and asked for it to be delivered between 1:30 and 2:00 - I did this last night and it was confirmed.  According to tracking, the order hasn't even been placed yet so heaven knows when it's coming.

Jane

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2020, 01:43:24 PM »

Darn, ours has gone back up to 441, still better than it was this morning.  https://www.airnow.gov/?city=Vancouver&state=WA&country=USA

Siri says it is 404.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up