Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: KRITZERLAND AT HOME 109  (Read 2551 times)

Ginny

Re: KRITZERLAND AT HOME 109
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2020, 01:46:05 PM »

TOD - last night's show was a delight from start to finish.  There were a couple of Cincinnati connections that I found interesting.  I think Pam Myers is living here now, so her number was probably done somewhere not that far from where I live.  And, among the other people commenting, there was a Philip Joseph Nuxhall, whose books I used a couple of years ago preparing a report on Cincinnati's Spring Grove Cemetery for one of my ladies' groups.  Is he a friend of yours, BK, or maybe he was watching because he's a friend of Pam's?

Oh, look, in the piles on my desk, I found page 3!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2020, 01:48:47 PM »

And they just cancelled the order.  Of course, they put a pre-authorization charge at PayPal so that money's already gone until that charge falls off in three days.  And that would be the end of Postmates.  Too many alternatives.  I left DoorDash for a similar reason.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2020, 01:49:18 PM »

Ginny, no, he was new to us.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2020, 01:53:27 PM »

And they just cancelled the order.  Of course, they put a pre-authorization charge at PayPal so that money's already gone until that charge falls off in three days.  And that would be the end of Postmates.  Too many alternatives.  I left DoorDash for a similar reason.

How rude! >:(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2020, 01:54:22 PM »

I do have one bit of exciting news: my friend Rob Berman is in zoom rehearsals for a new musical.  I don't know who's directing.

That's exciting!  Do you know anything else about the new musical?  Who's writing it?  What's it called??  Inquiring minds want to know!! ;D

I do, but I don't think I should say anything yet.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2020, 01:57:23 PM »

I'm puzzled;  I was notified that I was getting additional unemplyoment for August from the federal government, but there's no sign of it on my NY Dept. of Labor page.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2020, 01:58:15 PM »

My doctor's office called.  Wednesday's appointment has been moved to next week because their elevator is out.

Ginny

« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2020, 02:09:22 PM »

Ginny, no, he was new to us.

OK, then, I suspect he was there because of Pam.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2020, 02:17:55 PM »

My doctor's office called.  Wednesday's appointment has been moved to next week because their elevator is out.

Don’t tell Annabelle and Thatch! Goblins!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2020, 02:52:50 PM »

I'm puzzled;  I was notified that I was getting additional unemplyoment for August from the federal government, but there's no sign of it on my NY Dept. of Labor page.

Same puzzlement here. They only just announced it today, and initial deposits are to be made on the 17th. It’s very confusing, as to who needs to do what, if anything, to make sure they’re getting it. A puzzlement.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2020, 03:05:15 PM »

Postmates is dead to me.  Cancelled subscription.  They do these temporary authorizations and when they cancel an order they don't do anything about the authorization - they let it fall off automatically, which takes seven days, which means I don't have that money now for seven days, whereas if they simply voided it out immediately the money would be back immediately.  I think this is a class action lawsuit in the making and I will be quite vociferous publicly (starting with tomorrow's notes).  Grubhub has the same deals, same restaurants  and a better points system, so I'll do that, I guess.  Also, the reason for cancellation of order?  Barone's was closed.  Guess what?  Barone's isn't closed.  I could order there right now via Grubhub, simple as pie, but I was so disgusted by all of it that I'm just making Wacky Noodles here and that's that.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2020, 03:07:54 PM »

Pamela Myers and Beth Malone are the next two on my list of favorites.....from the show.....last night.....that all of the internet is talking about.

Petula Clark - no words......and what a treat TWIGGY!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2020, 03:13:32 PM »

Postmates is dead to me.  Cancelled subscription.  They do these temporary authorizations and when they cancel an order they don't do anything about the authorization - they let it fall off automatically, which takes seven days, which means I don't have that money now for seven days, whereas if they simply voided it out immediately the money would be back immediately.  I think this is a class action lawsuit in the making and I will be quite vociferous publicly (starting with tomorrow's notes).  Grubhub has the same deals, same restaurants  and a better points system, so I'll do that, I guess.  Also, the reason for cancellation of order?  Barone's was closed.  Guess what?  Barone's isn't closed.  I could order there right now via Grubhub, simple as pie, but I was so disgusted by all of it that I'm just making Wacky Noodles here and that's that.

Be sure to also complain on their FB page.

John G.

« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2020, 03:14:05 PM »

We’re trying a Trader Joe’s spanakopita for dinner. It’s just not browning.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2020, 03:17:36 PM »

Same puzzlement here. They only just announced it today, and initial deposits are to be made on the 17th. It’s very confusing, as to who needs to do what, if anything, to make sure they’re getting it. A puzzlement.

It could be the funds are being released on another day.  The payments used to be direct deposit with the NY State deposit, except for that one week there was a one-day delay.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2020, 03:18:10 PM »

Don’t tell Annabelle and Thatch! Goblins!

LOL!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2020, 03:22:04 PM »

Well, the cats had their treat, and I had chili spaghetti for dinner to finish up the chili I made last week.  I suspect I will be in bed early tonight since I was up far too late last night.  We're beginning Season Three of Jeeves and Wooster tonight.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2020, 03:30:19 PM »

DR Ginny,  Philip Nuxhall is on Facebook, and our mutual friends include Pam Myers, Brenda Bruck who played flute for The Beggar's Opera in 1979, Ritch Stoops, Bruce Kimmel, Elissa Rosenberg daughter of the Miami U director of theater Donald Rosenberg when I was a grad assistant, Henry Cepluch, and eighteen others.  I have the impression he and Pam may be keeping company.

Ginny

« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2020, 03:35:56 PM »

DR Ginny,  Philip Nuxhall is on Facebook, and our mutual friends include Pam Myers, Brenda Bruck who played flute for The Beggar's Opera in 1979, Ritch Stoops, Bruce Kimmel, Elissa Rosenberg daughter of the Miami U director of theater Donald Rosenberg when I was a grad assistant, Henry Cepluch, and eighteen others.  I have the impression he and Pam may be keeping company.

He's also the son of Joe Nuxhall, late longtime play by play announcer for the Cincinnati Reds.

Ginny

« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2020, 03:37:38 PM »

So, AAUW Middletown is having their first ever virtual branch meeting tonight and I'm taking a guest - Richard.  The speaker is our friend Sam, local historian, giving his wonderful presentation on women's suffrage.  I heard it at a DAR meeting right before things shut down in March.

Bye for now!

John G.

« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2020, 03:58:31 PM »

He's also the son of Joe Nuxhall, late longtime play by play announcer for the Cincinnati Reds.

I knew that name rang a bell. Saw a lot of Reds games when I lived in the area.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2020, 04:33:40 PM »

DR Singdaw,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2020, 04:41:08 PM »

Good idea, Jane - didn't even think about a Facebook page for Postmates.  Doing it now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2020, 04:43:34 PM »

Wacky Noodles made and eaten.  Very good, very filling, and hopefully still around 1000 calories - hard to know but even if it's over it wouldn't be by much.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2020, 05:00:29 PM »

Good idea, Jane - didn't even think about a Facebook page for Postmates.  Doing it now.

You will find numerous complaints like yours.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2020, 05:10:32 PM »

Where are the complaints?  I can't see a way to actually post on their page?  I messaged them and they asked for my e-mail address.  But where are you looking - link me.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2020, 06:37:06 PM »

Right under the black box, where one expects to see a photo, there is a comment box.  It seems smaller than usual so you probably missed it.  If that doesn't work "like" the the page and look again for the comment box.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 06:41:38 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2020, 06:39:12 PM »

I just did a test run, liked the page & saw a place to post a comment.  Then I unliked the page.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2020, 07:00:32 PM »

I saw them.  They've responded saying the money will be back to me in three days.  Total BS.  I shall not be nice in tomorrow's notes.  They caused this to be a most annoying day.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2020, 07:01:30 PM »

Did a quick run to the mail place to pick up a couple of packages.  No watching tonight, only listening.  Fritz Reiner, a wonderful conductor - all his albums for Columbia in wonderful mono sound and these are recordings for the ages, I must say.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up