Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: EVERYDAY IS AN AGNUS DAY  (Read 2773 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: EVERYDAY IS AN AGNUS DAY
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2020, 10:06:18 AM »

I guess you meant something like this ;D

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2020, 10:41:59 AM »

Stories like truly upset me :(  >:(

"Parents Knowingly Send Student Who Was Infected With COVID-19 To School".

Couldn’t read all of that.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2020, 10:43:05 AM »

I was hoping that Joshie and I might have lunch at Cafe Frida tomorrow, but they have folded.  This is very sad.  They had the best guacamole ever.  I will miss them.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2020, 10:44:49 AM »

BJ, the cute bull dog I posted about yesterday, was not killed, contrary to what I was told around 3:30 yesterday afternoon.  He was rescued by a group called Pound Hounds, and I am quite happy about that.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2020, 11:14:49 AM »

Friday afternoon greetings!  Sorry I didn’t check in here yesterday.  It was a somewhat busy day that started with some sad news from our sister-in-law - her younger sister passed away earlier in the week.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 01:24:35 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2020, 11:16:43 AM »

I was hoping that Joshie and I might have lunch at Cafe Frida tomorrow, but they have folded.  This is very sad.  They had the best guacamole ever.  I will miss them.

Oh, no!  We had a nice dinner there with you several years ago.  I don’t usually like guacamole, but theirs was one I enjoyed.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2020, 11:18:16 AM »

Deepest condolences to DR George and his family...

Ginny

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2020, 11:19:19 AM »

I was sorry to have missed DR Singdaw yesterday.  Thinking of him today...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2020, 12:13:35 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - seven and a half hours of sleep.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2020, 12:14:00 PM »

Talked to claims and money will be in my account on Monday morning, but is showing as credited now.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2020, 12:18:21 PM »

Well, I'd like to propose a toast! Here's to the assholes running Facebook.  Two hours ago, I posted a photo of white supremacist Trumpers on my photo album "Trump's Master Race."  They told me I had violated community standards and blocked me for 30 days.  I sent Feedback apologizing and told them I had taken the photo off Facebook yesterday.  Just now Facebook sent me a notice that they had restored my photo, which I then deleted, but I'm still blocked.

Jane

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2020, 12:34:10 PM »

Stories like truly upset me :(  >:(

"Parents Knowingly Send Student Who Was Infected With COVID-19 To School".

Couldn’t read all of that.

I didn't include the article.  The headline says it all.  Same old story, tested for covid and didn't stay home.  Now 30 students have to quarantine for 30 days.  Here is the full article https://www.huffpost.com/entry/parents-send-coronavirus-infected-kid-to-school_n_5f63edbec5b6b9795b0d973b

Jane

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2020, 12:37:46 PM »

Friday afternoon greetings!  Sorry I didn’t check in here yesterday.  It was a somewhat bus6 day that started with some sad news from our sister-in-law - her younger sister passed away earlier in the week.

My condolences on your sad news.

Jane

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2020, 12:57:25 PM »

From DR George, a post I missed last night
Yup...and he said at the time that they did NOT pick the name because of him.  His name is George, also!

;D

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2020, 12:57:29 PM »

I had started reading the article in the Washington Post this morning. It was next to an article on an evangelical preacher in Idaho who preached against masks. Now he’s been in ICU for two weeks with the virus. His wife has it and his staff have it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2020, 01:01:06 PM »

Apparently I missed an exciting lightening storm last night.

ChasSmith

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2020, 01:02:28 PM »

So sorry to hear that, DR Ginny.

The plethora of bad news this week has got to STOP.

ChasSmith

« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2020, 01:03:16 PM »

Oh, no!  We had a nice dinner there with you several years ago.  I don’t usually like guacamole, but theirs was one I enjoyed.

Is Cafe Frida the one we ate at following Desperate Measures?

Jane

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2020, 01:04:50 PM »

Rain, blessed rain.  It has stopped now and the sun is kind of out.  It is still rather dreary but 100% better than it was.

ChasSmith

« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2020, 01:04:56 PM »

Well, I'd like to propose a toast! Here's to the assholes running Facebook.  Two hours ago, I posted a photo of white supremacist Trumpers on my photo album "Trump's Master Race."  They told me I had violated community standards and blocked me for 30 days.  I sent Feedback apologizing and told them I had taken the photo off Facebook yesterday.  Just now Facebook sent me a notice that they had restored my photo, which I then deleted, but I'm still blocked.

Oh man, how screwed up can these things get?

I have much to accomplish the rest of today, but that makes me want to DRINK the toast that DR Elmore proposes.

Jane

« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2020, 01:05:40 PM »

I never imagined I would ever be this excited to have unhealthy air ;D

Jane

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2020, 01:07:11 PM »

I put a mask on about 40 minutes into the walk when my throat began to bother me.  I should have done so sooner.   

Jane

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2020, 01:19:38 PM »

I just saw that DR Singdaw is awake, functioning mentally, and not in much pain.  All went as planned.

Ginny

« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2020, 01:28:09 PM »

No, Cafe Frida is was on Columbus Avenue, nearer to DR Elmore's home.  After Desperate Measures we went to a place in the theater district, I think.

Ginny

« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2020, 01:28:39 PM »

I just saw that DR Singdaw is awake, functioning mentally, and not in much pain.  All went as planned.

With a fully intact sense of humor - a great relief!

ChasSmith

« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2020, 01:29:32 PM »

This almost isn't worth posting, but I'm in the mood and it's a pleasant little BK-style tale:

In one of the "You know you grew up in..." groups I'm in on Facebook, this one about South Florida, someone posted a good aerial photo of one of the major I-95 interchanges being built around 1960. It was instantly recognizable to me, and indeed, it has hardly changed in the intervening years. But someone asked where it was, so another guy posts a Google Maps shot of it as it looks today...only it's not the right one, it's a completely different mass of spaghetti where several highways come together several miles away, and looks nothing like the original posted one. So I said no, it's the one at (such and such location). And what does the wrong guy do? He doubles down and says no, it's the one in the other place. So I went to Google Maps, framed the shot perfectly, and posted a link to it, saying politely, "Here you go." A couple of other people agreed with me (not that they had to), and guess what? Mr. Wrong hasn't been back either to see my followup proof, or to acknowledge it in any way.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 03:48:38 PM by ChasSmith »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2020, 01:29:35 PM »

No.  Cafe Frida is around the corner from me on Columbus Avenue.  I think after Desperate Measures we went to La Cucina on 9th Avenue.

ChasSmith

« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2020, 01:30:17 PM »

No, Cafe Frida is was on Columbus Avenue, nearer to DR Elmore's home.  After Desperate Measures we went to a place in the theater district, I think.

Ah thanks. Yes, we walked there, and I'm trying to remember the name of the place.

Ginny

« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2020, 01:30:45 PM »

Thank you, DRs Jane and John G, for your words of condolence.  Janet was very much a part of our extended family and we'll miss having her at holiday gatherings - whenever we can resume having them.

ChasSmith

« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2020, 01:30:51 PM »

Yep, 9th Avenue. Thank you, DR Elmore.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up