Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: REDDY, SET, GO  (Read 3280 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: REDDY, SET, GO
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2020, 02:12:32 PM »

3hree
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2020, 02:15:56 PM »

Congrats to DR ELMORE thanks for remembering to write when you got work!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2020, 02:19:06 PM »

Very nice review DR CHAS SMITH

ChasSmith

« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2020, 02:33:08 PM »

Annabelle shows her affection by head butting, rolling onto her back, and kneading my tummy.  She loves to lie on me when I'm lying on my back, and Thatch shows it by rolling over for me to rub his belly whenever I approach him or giving me little kisses.

All of these are signs of love and trust, of course. I just always remembered reading somewhere, back when I first adopted my girls, about the "love tap" or "soft paws" thing as being a supreme show of affection. Maybe we think that because they're holding their claws in so as to be as gentle as possible. But also, not all cats do it. I got it from my earlier cats and from Poe like crazy, but I don't think Mikey does it much. He loves to knead, though, which probably means he's testing my organs to make sure they're healthy in case he doesn't get fed his regular food and has to start on me.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2020, 02:42:15 PM »

We started on the songbook way back when Sandy's album came out, but as these things go, it just got pushed aside. 

Hopefully, it can be picked up again. ;D

I second that thought!
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2020, 02:45:17 PM »

Tonight, the music staff at the church where I sing (including me) are jointly hosting an online "music trivia" night for the church membership. Since the church is still paying us, we need to justify that by doing these events (in addition to remote recording).  I selected the category of "musical theater" as my category to prepare questions for.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2020, 02:45:54 PM »

Annabelle shows her affection by head butting, rolling onto her back, and kneading my tummy.  She loves to lie on me when I'm lying on my back, and Thatch shows it by rolling over for me to rub his belly whenever I approach him or giving me little kisses.

All of these are signs of love and trust, of course. I just always remembered reading somewhere, back when I first adopted my girls, about the "love tap" or "soft paws" thing as being a supreme show of affection. Maybe we think that because they're holding their claws in so as to be as gentle as possible. But also, not all cats do it. I got it from my earlier cats and from Poe like crazy, but I don't think Mikey does it much. He loves to knead, though, which probably means he's testing my organs to make sure they're healthy in case he doesn't get fed his regular food and has to start on me.

Stella is really cute, almost courtly, in doing it because she sorta bows before she reaches out and touches me, then she pulls back and walks about before lying back down.  Some days she does it twice, somedays once, and some days not at all.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2020, 02:49:01 PM »

Back from the appointment. The news is mostly good, i.e. everything looks good. I'll need to do a few more tests in the coming month. I have a choice of either continuing more or less permanently on certain meds, OR I can have the prostate surgery. I was leaning toward no surgery, until it occurred to me that with only one kidney, perhaps long-term medication would not be good for keeping that kidney viable. So that will require more research and questions. But - in the immediate future, nothing urgent or drastic, so that is good news.   Thanks to everyone for the positive vibes.

George

« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2020, 03:57:39 PM »

When I went to bed, my previous cat Ebonie would climb up on my side and reach out and just touch my cheek.  She always had to put her paw pad on my cheek.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2020, 03:57:57 PM »

Good news for the most part DR singdaw.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2020, 03:58:41 PM »

My Question for ASK BK DAY:

Did you ever meet Mr Herman Cohen?

George

« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2020, 03:58:51 PM »

Tonight, the music staff at the church where I sing (including me) are jointly hosting an online "music trivia" night for the church membership. Since the church is still paying us, we need to justify that by doing these events (in addition to remote recording).  I selected the category of "musical theater" as my category to prepare questions for.

Assuming you want to wait until it's over, let us know the questions and see who here can answer them. ;)

George

« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2020, 03:59:47 PM »

Good news for the most part DR singdaw.

Agreed!

ChasSmith

« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2020, 04:08:47 PM »

When I went to bed, my previous cat Ebonie would climb up on my side and reach out and just touch my cheek.  She always had to put her paw pad on my cheek.

Oh yeah — touching the face that way is the ultimate.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2020, 04:15:07 PM »

Back from the dentist.  Had a crown re-cemented and had a cleaning.  Very safe environment. 

It's smokey again today and the air quality is in the 100's.  No bike ride today. 

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!

Jane

« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2020, 04:20:24 PM »

Back from the appointment. The news is mostly good, i.e. everything looks good. I'll need to do a few more tests in the coming month. I have a choice of either continuing more or less permanently on certain meds, OR I can have the prostate surgery. I was leaning toward no surgery, until it occurred to me that with only one kidney, perhaps long-term medication would not be good for keeping that kidney viable. So that will require more research and questions. But - in the immediate future, nothing urgent or drastic, so that is good news.   Thanks to everyone for the positive vibes.

I have been watching for your news and am glad it is mostly good. 

Jane

« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2020, 04:20:44 PM »

Decision making vibes for DR Singdaw!

Jane

« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2020, 04:26:54 PM »

Back from the dentist.  Had a crown re-cemented and had a cleaning.  Very safe environment. 

It's smokey again today and the air quality is in the 100's.  No bike ride today. 

Maybe a walk though?  I am still coughing from when our air quality was beyond index.  I hope they are getting the fires out and your air quality is soon better.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2020, 04:37:09 PM »

Good news from DR MATTHEW.....quite a productive day.

DR singdaw you should post your questions here to see if any of us know the answers......or maybe post the ones the players had trouble with after the event.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2020, 04:41:51 PM »

Back from the mail place and picking up an important envelope, so that's good.  Shortly, I will consume two tuna sandwiches and how can this day be over already, although I'm glad it is. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2020, 04:46:25 PM »

And the insanity continues - 100 degrees today. 

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2020, 04:49:44 PM »

Maybe a walk though?  I am still coughing from when our air quality was beyond index.  I hope they are getting the fires out and your air quality is soon better.

That's a possibility.  Right now the AQI is 130.  We'll see if it goes down.  I usually gauge it if I can smell it, and it's smelly at the moment. 

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2020, 05:11:15 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2020, 05:11:41 PM »

Very good news from Larry!

Very good news from Singdaw!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2020, 05:12:55 PM »

Very nice review for DR Chas and company.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2020, 05:15:23 PM »

I had some tax stuff to finish up today, then had a chat with my accountant. I'm glad he got back to me quickly, because everything is upside-down due to Covid. I no longer trust the USPS with anything important, so we had to coordinate the drop-off and signing of documents.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2020, 05:17:50 PM »

My British conductor friend Martin Yates posted this yesterday on Facebook:
I don’t know if the public really understands how dire the situation is for millions of hard-working arts professionals.
Broadway is closed until 2021, 6 West End venues THINK they can open at the moment. Cirque du Soleil is filing for bankruptcy and cut 3500+ jobs. Feld Entertainment laid off 90% of its workforce permanently. Live Nation had to lay off a significant amount of employees. Cruise ship entertainers are out of work.
Theme park productions have no idea when they will be recalled. There are no concerts, festivals or touring productions scheduled until 2021 and if they don’t happen next year, they may never happen again. No Jazz Fest, no Coachella, no Bonnaroo, no EDC, no Glastonbury, no Download, no ROLLING STONES FINAL TOUR(S), no ballet, no opera....all gone.
It’s being predicted that 90% of independent music venues may close, the longer this continues. No more 1st Ave, Whiskey-a-GoGo, no more Tipitina’s, no more Red Rocks, no more CroBar, all gone. Entertainment Management, Publicity, Live events coordinator, Performing arts organizations of all kinds- choirs, theatres, orchestras, dance companies- all are trying to figure out on a daily basis how to keep going and employ anyone they can in the field.
More than 12,000,000 people work entertainment production, we are not insignificant and this industry cannot reopen until mass gatherings can happen again. This doesn’t include the additional layoff of venue management and bar staff, security and thousands of vendors. Also, we can’t forget about the hundreds of thousands of performers and entertainers that make  these careers possible, without them, there is no show.
So when you see your entertainment friends and or posts begging you to wear masks and stay home, understand that we are helplessly watching our industry crumble before our eyes because the country is doing so poorly at reducing the spread. This IS personal for us, our livelihood is dependent on social gathering and we will not accept being labeled “nonessential”.
Music and art are critical to a cheerful, balanced society.
Everyone’s career and the whole industry is indefinitely on hold.
PLEASE wear your mask (over your mouth AND your nose) and wash your hands.(this is not a Gov ploy to control you, the health experts have said it, LISTEN TO THEM)

It's very sad and there's so little that we can do about it, except do all we can to stop the virus. At one point I was concerned that the author was about to advocate reopening prematurely. I'm glad he didn't.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2020, 05:23:18 PM »

As for the debates - I say keep doing them.....let everyone see exactly what kind of person he is. 

And I hope for a Lonesome Rhodes moment from him.  There might be a FEW people who will recognize him for what he is at last.....most of his supporters won't.....but give them a chance to see him.

No, his supporters will remain unchanged. With most obnoxious people I have the "give them enough rope" attitude, but some of Trump's base are volatile people who could get quite violent. I don't want to see them encouraged.

Jane

« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2020, 05:28:07 PM »

That's a possibility.  Right now the AQI is 130.  We'll see if it goes down.  I usually gauge it if I can smell it, and it's smelly at the moment. 

I found wearing my mask helped, especially my N95 one.  My lingering cough did get worse, but then our air quality was really bad.   
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up