Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: A LETHARGIC LUMP OF NOTHING MUCH  (Read 3721 times)

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
Re: A LETHARGIC LUMP OF NOTHING MUCH
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2020, 02:12:44 PM »

Thus far today, we've watched 2 movies on DVD:

THE PRISONER OF ZENDA (Stewart Granger version)

BULLET OVER BROADWAY
(directed by Woody Allen)
You can dream…or you can do.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2020, 02:17:50 PM »

DR Jrand I am glad the drive by shower was most excellent.

Indeed!
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2020, 02:20:44 PM »

Gearing up to "fall back" and gain an hour on Sunday, November 1.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2020, 02:21:42 PM »

~~~MOVING VIBES~~~ for DR Matthew

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2020, 02:25:57 PM »

I thought I was all set to make my whiskey nut cake for the holidays. Then I found the recipe. So much work, but the effort is well worth it.

The big detail I had forgotten is that it bakes for 3 hours at 250 degrees. But then, I can wrap it in cheesecloth and marinate it in bourbon for several months before cutting into it. Delicious.

Sounds fantastic!!

It has a pound of chopped nuts and 3 pounds of dried fruit in it. I'm using dried strawberries, cherries, apricots and pears. I may add cranberries, if I pick them up.

It sounds delicious though I might change my mind once you say what nuts you are using.

No hazelnuts, Missy.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2020, 02:29:49 PM »

Up from a nap. Started a short documentary on Bob Wills called Fiddlin' Man. The music clips are excellent, and the talking heads are endearing. There are quite a few guys who played with the Texas Playboys over the years. They're not refined or overpolished, like too many folks in documentaries today.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2020, 02:36:22 PM »

What a coincidence - I'm up from a nap, too!

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2020, 02:38:35 PM »

Our apartment building has a shelf in the shared garage where you can discard stuff that others may want.  I was leaving some stuff there the other night and found an unopened bottle of "diet" apple juice. I brought it up, wiped it down, and stuck it in the refrigerator.  Well, I just tried a glass. What vile stuff!

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2020, 02:44:15 PM »

Here is a photo of the facade of the Ordway Center for the Performing Arts in downtown Saint Paul, MN. Opened in 1985:

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2020, 02:49:20 PM »

I was trying to also post a photo of a painting I have of the same facade, but with patrons arriving on a snowy winter's night via horse-drawn carriage.

But I can't get it small enough for HHW to accept, even using Jrand70's photo resizer.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2020, 02:49:59 PM »

I thought I was all set to make my whiskey nut cake for the holidays. Then I found the recipe. So much work, but the effort is well worth it.

The big detail I had forgotten is that it bakes for 3 hours at 250 degrees. But then, I can wrap it in cheesecloth and marinate it in bourbon for several months before cutting into it. Delicious.

Sounds fantastic!!

It has a pound of chopped nuts and 3 pounds of dried fruit in it. I'm using dried strawberries, cherries, apricots and pears. I may add cranberries, if I pick them up.

It sounds delicious though I might change my mind once you say what nuts you are using.

No hazelnuts, Missy.

OK :)

Jane

« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2020, 02:50:12 PM »

Or Brazil nuts?

Jane

« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2020, 02:50:48 PM »

Our apartment building has a shelf in the shared garage where you can discard stuff that others may want.  I was leaving some stuff there the other night and found an unopened bottle of "diet" apple juice. I brought it up, wiped it down, and stuck it in the refrigerator.  Well, I just tried a glass. What vile stuff!

It sounds vile ;D

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #103 on: October 03, 2020, 02:52:18 PM »

Good Morning - the boys and I stayed in bed as long as we could.  First day in a while where we didn't have to set an alarm.

Thanks for the moving vibes.  My lease is up at the end of November (!) - and I can't break it early without mega penalties.  It'll be here before I know it.

Also, the little girl next door as required a recorder - and no direction.  Yeah.... I'm so outa here ASAP!

Have you found a place to move to or are you still looking?

Funny you should ask!   I think I may have found a place today.  In my price range, good area, nice sized apartment, etc.... application will go in Monday. 

John G.

« Reply #104 on: October 03, 2020, 03:29:08 PM »

Or Brazil nuts?

Or macadamia nuts. Or cashews.
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2020, 03:37:53 PM »

For those times when you just can't get enough Shostakovich.

John G.

« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2020, 03:38:52 PM »

For Banned Books Week, I'm reading a YA novel called Speak, which gets challenged because it's about a girl who gets raped at a party. Think about that. We would rather cover these incidents up than deal with the fact that sexual assault happens to 20% of women.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2020, 03:41:12 PM »

Since moving to the Midwest, I have discovered (and quite enjoyed) Vernor's ginger ale.

Our second home in Michigan was across the street and down a couple of homes from a beautiful home once owned by a Vernor family member.  I do not like Vernor's at all.  Once in awhile I will have Canada Dry.

Even though I grew up in Detroit, I don't like Vernor's either.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2020, 03:48:35 PM »

Good afternoon.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Laura

« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2020, 03:59:14 PM »

I'm glad you got to see Michael today, Elmore. I was just thinking about him and wondered how he's doing.

I think Fiddler was the last show we saw at Gammage -- back in early February when we didn't have a care in the world.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Laura

« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2020, 04:01:03 PM »

I remember drinking Hawaiian Punch as a kid. Dad had 7-Up for his highball after work.
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Laura

« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2020, 04:01:53 PM »

I spent another couple of hours removing dead shrubs today. This summer was so hard on plants. We lost so many.
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Laura

« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2020, 04:04:51 PM »

I hope by February it will be safe to go back. I know you have friends who need cookies who will be touring with My Fair Lady.
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

John G.

« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2020, 04:05:11 PM »

I'm glad you got to see Michael today, Elmore. I was just thinking about him and wondered how he's doing.

I think Fiddler was the last show we saw at Gammage -- back in early February when we didn't have a care in the world.

A year ago, I was in Greece for an amazing vacation. Looking back on the photos that I'm reminded of every day -- no masks, no gloves, no fear in the air -- it seems so much simpler and sort of unreal. 
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #114 on: October 03, 2020, 04:21:32 PM »

Good Morning - the boys and I stayed in bed as long as we could.  First day in a while where we didn't have to set an alarm.

Thanks for the moving vibes.  My lease is up at the end of November (!) - and I can't break it early without mega penalties.  It'll be here before I know it.

Also, the little girl next door as required a recorder - and no direction.  Yeah.... I'm so outa here ASAP!

Have you found a place to move to or are you still looking?

Funny you should ask!   I think I may have found a place today.  In my price range, good area, nice sized apartment, etc.... application will go in Monday. 

Fingers crossed and sending good vibes!

Jane

« Reply #115 on: October 03, 2020, 04:22:11 PM »

Jane

« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2020, 04:30:33 PM »

For Banned Books Week, I'm reading a YA novel called Speak, which gets challenged because it's about a girl who gets raped at a party. Think about that. We would rather cover these incidents up than deal with the fact that sexual assault happens to 20% of women.

That was an excellent book.  I think parent's wanting it banned should read it.

Jane

« Reply #117 on: October 03, 2020, 04:31:06 PM »

I spent another couple of hours removing dead shrubs today. This summer was so hard on plants. We lost so many.

I am sorry.

Jane

« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2020, 04:31:42 PM »

A year ago, I was in Greece for an amazing vacation. Looking back on the photos that I'm reminded of every day -- no masks, no gloves, no fear in the air -- it seems so much simpler and sort of unreal. 

I know.  A year ago we were in England and now we won't even go as far as Chicago.

John G.

« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2020, 04:37:19 PM »

Let’s move on ...
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up