Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: BACKSTAGE AT KRITZERLAND  (Read 3363 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: BACKSTAGE AT KRITZERLAND
« Reply #150 on: October 13, 2020, 12:09:32 AM »

PAGE SIX DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #151 on: October 13, 2020, 12:26:28 AM »

Listened to a short Jack London novel called The Scarlet Plague today. It was set about 50 years from now, 60 years after a plague wiped out civilization. It may have been the scariest of all the pandemic novels I've picked up this year, because when the virus hits, the yahoos know they're going to die, so they plan on taking out everyone else they can and destroy everything they can. It's too close to the mask-less attitude for comfort.

It sounds too close for comfort.  Since it is Jack London and the library has it, I just checked it out.

My library has two different e-book editions.  I just downloaded both and will compare.  One has illustrations, so we'll see what they're like.

I think I have that option.  Please let me know if I should switch.

Jane, the "illustrated" edition is a Project Guttenberg edition, and it turns out that there are no actual illustrations in the downloaded epub book that I got. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #152 on: October 13, 2020, 12:27:07 AM »

The other edition that my library has  is a "Duke classics" edition and is formatted much better.  If you can get that edition, I'd recommend that as opposed to the Project Guttenberg edition.

George

« Reply #153 on: October 13, 2020, 12:29:41 AM »

I clicked the "Recommend to library" link and saw that between e-book and audio, OverDrive has 37, count 'em, THIRTY-SEVEN different editions of this one title that libraries can purchase! :o

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2020, 12:32:57 AM »

Jane, do you use the Libby app?

No.  While the illistrated version appears to be avait isn't.

George

« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2020, 12:39:59 AM »

Jane, do you use the Libby app?

No.  While the illistrated version appears to be avait isn't.

Are there any other versions available to you at your library?

George

« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2020, 12:53:20 AM »

Well, I hate to do it, but I need to be going.  Last night, I didn't sleep as well as I would've liked, so I'm going to bed now.

Have a good tomorrow, all!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up