Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW GUY IN TOWN  (Read 20718 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:NEW GUY IN TOWN
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2005, 09:24:49 AM »

A chocolate mouse filling would be perfect!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2005, 09:40:00 AM »

Dino is playing live on DAYSTAR if you have that on your cable system!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2005, 09:56:50 AM »

I'm TIVOing Colussus of Rhodes, which is out in region 2 but only in Eyetalian with no subtitles.

I'm rarin' to get out of here - but won't be leaving for over an hour.  Feeling pretty good, I think.  The voice box, although still early, also seems pretty good, so keep those vibes and xylophones coming especially strong between noon and four.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2005, 09:57:29 AM »

HAPPENSTANCE, baby, HAPPENSTANCE.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2005, 09:59:23 AM »

Dino will be playing at the famous Carnegie Hall on December 15, 2005.

www.dinoplayspiano.com

Ginny

« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2005, 10:00:28 AM »

Just had a blustery lunchtime walk over to the box office (several blocks from where I work) to enter negotiations for season tickets to the 2005-06 Broadway Series.  Since they don't sell specific seats, and DH Richard and I are not interested in BAD seats, I only paid the deposit until we are notified of our locations.  3 of the shows (My Fair Lady, Hairspray, Movin' Out) will be in the Schuster Center (new, big) and 4 (Ten Tenors, The Full Monty, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Alone Together) will be in the Victoria Theatre (smaller, refurbished).

Reading through last night's and this morning's posts, I was so glad to hear reports from behind the scenes from DR's Cillaliz and Hisaka.

And welcome back to DR ozderek!  
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2005, 10:03:42 AM »

A chocolate mouse filling would be perfect!

Ah, I did leave the second "s" out of mousse, but to make up for it I added an extra "v" in vanilla!  ;D
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ben

« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2005, 10:04:12 AM »

DR JR, no pictures of the show, except on some cast members cameras (not Anthony's). If we get some pictures I will post them. It looks like I will be seeing the show five times. I went opening night, I will go this Saturday May 7th w/Larry (AKA Elmore), I'll go on May 14th with Vixmom and family, I'm going on the 20th with friends from work who have seen Anthony in other shows and want to see him in this and I'm going on May 22 when 12 members of the Morelli clan will take over this small 50 seat theatre to cheer on their cousin. Soon I'll be familiar enough to be an understudy!

vixmom

« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2005, 10:10:22 AM »

Just in case the last set went stale,   for dear BK and Mr. Guy Haines (y'know I have never seen him post!)

I send

GOOD VOICE BOX

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2005, 10:12:58 AM »

DRBEN...that is always my policy.  At EVERY play, musical, or concert I attend, I am ready to step in for anyone AT A MOMENT'S NOTICE....because you never know when someone will step out from behind the curtain and ask for a volunteer......

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2005, 10:14:00 AM »

Good throat vibes to BK!! ~~~~~~

I hope Guy's throat is healing, also.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2005, 10:14:39 AM »

By happenstance, I am sending vocal vibes to our esteemed BK and his good friend Guy Haines!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=20]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size][/move]
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2005, 10:17:14 AM »

When Patton was first released, I went to see it with my grandmother, who had met the man prior to his being sent to Europe during WWII.  She noted that Scott's portrayal was very accurate, although they toned down his language quite a bit.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2005, 10:21:48 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]@ @ @ @ @  VOCAL VIBES FOR BK AND MR. HAINES  @ @ @ @ @ [/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2005, 10:26:43 AM »

The upcoming weekend looks to be quite busy.  For example, from Friday through Sunday here in Rehoboth Beach, the Third Annual Rehoboth Beach Cabaret Fest will be swinging.

On the other edge of the country, in San Diego, they'll be holding the Gator By the Bay Cajun Zydeco Music and Food Festival.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2005, 10:37:38 AM »

Ozderick, nice to see you.  :D

Vixmom what a day you all had.  Did you like the movie?  We also saw it yesterday and were very disappointed.  Thank you for the cake report.  :)

Jose what a great choice for a song and GOOD VIBES on your new adventure.  Congratulations on loosing your roommate.  ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2005, 10:38:06 AM »

I shall soon be on my way to a recording session.  I shall leave in one-half hour from now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2005, 10:39:22 AM »

I, too, love The Best Years of Our Lives, one of my favorite movies of all-time and one of my favorite films scores of all-time (Hugo Friedhofer).  

Jane

« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2005, 10:39:42 AM »

I got a lovely e-mail from dear reader Hisaka, who says hello to everyone and wants everyone to know she misses them.  Her mother has had some health issues (now feeling better), and she's been working, as well.  She'll be back with us in about a week, and I, for one, say hoo and ray.  Jane, she thanks you for your e-mail.

Thanks for relaying the message.  I was hoping Hisaka was off having fun but I’m pleased to know her mother is improving.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2005, 10:40:19 AM »

On the 6th and 7th, Huntsville, Alabama is holding the Whistle Stop Festival and Rocket City BBQ Cookoff.

Same dates, in Dover, Ohio, the Dandelion May Festival features a cookoff, wine sampling, and arts and crafts.

And, again same dates, in Hamburg, Arkansas, they're holding the 36th Annual Armadillo Festival.  And in Hundsville, Arkansas, they're holding the 44th Annual Springtime War Eagle Festival.  Not to mention the 9th Annual Whistlestop Festival being held in Ashdown.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2005, 10:42:28 AM »

Bruce have a very good day!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2005, 10:43:49 AM »

VIBES FOR MR BK and GUY HAINES.  

Jane

« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2005, 10:46:28 AM »

Matt H what did you think of WALK DON’T RUN?

So many wonderful movies have been mentioned.  I’m sure I will think of other later, but for now:

CASABLANCA
AFRICAN QUEEN
THE BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES

MBarnum

« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2005, 10:50:04 AM »

I am glad you heard from Hisaka...I was getting a bit worried about her!

JRand54, I think I will tape Tomahawk tonight...Peggy and Rory! Wow!

Have you ever seen Rory's film THUNDER IN CAROLINA with Connie (Mr. Ed) Hines and Bev Tyler's steady Race Gentry? Pretty good film.

MBarnum

« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2005, 10:50:30 AM »

Vibes all around!

vixmom

« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2005, 10:56:04 AM »

Did you like the movie?  We also saw it yesterday and were very disappointed.  

The Vixter loved it, but then she had never read the books, seen the TV show or heard the BBC radio show, as Mr. Vixmom & I have.

And they left out my favoritest bit of dialogue from the  book

"It's unpleasantly like being drunk"

"What's unpleasant about being drunk?"

"Ask a glass of water"

I think the dolphin bit went on too long, the John Malcovich character wasn't needed  and therefore that whole sequence could have been cut, the ending was unsatisfatory (and wrong) and I just didn't laugh.  I laughed out loud reading the books.  

I was pleased with the casting and the Vogans were well done.  It was nice to see the original  "Arthur Dent" and "Marvin" in cameos.  Beeblebrox's head "creeped me out" as the Vixter would say,  but it was reasonably well done..... I liked Slarty and the planet factory floor

I was hoping they wer lumping some of the books together, I had been looking forward to seeing the Restaurant at the  End of the Universe, it seems they were expecting to do a sequel, but I do not know how well this first one is going to do and so I do not expect to see a sequel....

I seem to have become Ebert & Roebert all of a sudden.....

vixmom

« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2005, 10:57:12 AM »

On the 6th and 7th, Huntsville, Alabama is holding the Whistle Stop Festival and Rocket City BBQ Cookoff.

Same dates, in Dover, Ohio, the Dandelion May Festival features a cookoff, wine sampling, and arts and crafts.

And, again same dates, in Hamburg, Arkansas, they're holding the 36th Annual Armadillo Festival.  And in Hundsville, Arkansas, they're holding the 44th Annual Springtime War Eagle Festival.  Not to mention the 9th Annual Whistlestop Festival being held in Ashdown.

Sounds like your dance card is filling up quickly!!  :D

vixmom

« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2005, 10:58:57 AM »

Oh thank you Jane... How could I have forgooten Casablana?

And Gone With the Wind.. a chick war movie

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2005, 10:59:00 AM »

MBARNUM - Colossus of Rhodes is supposed to be one of the BEST peplum movies EVER.....you better tape it as well!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2005, 11:00:22 AM »

Anyone who likes "sucking head" should have a good time this weekend.  That's crawfish heads, of course.

The Crawfish Creole Festival is being held May 6th-8th in Pensicola, Florida.  Same dates, the Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival is being held in that town, in Louisiana.

I don't know if they'll be having any crawfish, but the Savannah Seafood Festival, in Savannah, Georgia, will also be taking place.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up