Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MINOR MAJOR MIRACLE  (Read 2889 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE MINOR MAJOR MIRACLE
« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2021, 06:08:56 PM »

five!!!!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2021, 06:27:09 PM »

So tired!   Good night, everyone.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

Ginny

« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2021, 06:40:18 PM »

This just in:  the carrot cake bars are delicious!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2021, 06:44:13 PM »

And another news flash:  Richard and I have vaccine appointments on February 18!

We’d registered with our city health department last month with the understanding we’d be notified when we became eligible (which was Monday).  We received the call at 6:45 this evening. 
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #124 on: February 03, 2021, 07:15:04 PM »

And another news flash:  Richard and I have vaccine appointments on February 18!

We’d registered with our city health department last month with the understanding we’d be notified when we became eligible (which was Monday).  We received the call at 6:45 this evening. 

Yay!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #125 on: February 03, 2021, 08:17:36 PM »

I wanna eat here:

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #126 on: February 03, 2021, 08:20:16 PM »

This is gorgeous.

― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: February 03, 2021, 08:23:20 PM »

I have a Dolores menu :) I never knew until recently that they'd had a branch at Sunset and La Brea - I think it became another name in the 50s until it went away.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: February 03, 2021, 08:23:54 PM »

Watched the first half of Carmen at the Met on Blu-ray. Gorgeous production by Richard Eyre.

John G.

« Reply #129 on: February 03, 2021, 09:03:13 PM »

My eyes are giving up on me.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2021, 09:03:19 PM »

Good night, all.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2021, 09:49:39 PM »

Have entered the songs for project one aka Tonight's the Night into my ASCAP publishing/writing catalog, so that's done.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2021, 10:13:19 PM »

This just in:  the carrot cake bars are delicious!

:)

Jane

« Reply #133 on: February 03, 2021, 10:14:19 PM »

That was fast after becoming eligible.   Congratulations.

Jane

« Reply #134 on: February 03, 2021, 10:15:57 PM »

My eyes are giving up on me.

My eyes begin doing that shortly after waking. In the morning.

George

« Reply #135 on: February 03, 2021, 10:18:49 PM »

Congrats!  I have an appointment this Friday to get the first shingles vaccine. :) I was told that I could schedule the second vaccine at that time.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #136 on: February 03, 2021, 10:20:44 PM »

In high school I remember getting up early on Sunday mornings and a group of us, including Keith & former DR Penny, would go horse back riding.  Sometimes we would stop at Delores's for breakfast.

Fun memories.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: February 03, 2021, 10:25:32 PM »

Congrats!  I have an appointment this Friday to get the first shingles vaccine. :) I was told that I could schedule the second vaccine at that time.

Smart getting it on a Friday in case you get sick.  Slowly move and stretch your arm.  Ice also helps if it hurts. 

George

« Reply #138 on: February 03, 2021, 10:26:47 PM »

Smart getting it on a Friday in case you get sick.  Slowly move and stretch your arm.  Ice also helps if it hurts. 

Thanks.  I'm going in the morning, then I'm planning on going in to work.  We'll see if I get sick or not. ::)

Jane

« Reply #139 on: February 03, 2021, 10:49:55 PM »

You live close enough to work it will be easy enough to go home if you want.  Hopefully you will be fine.

George

« Reply #140 on: February 03, 2021, 11:25:55 PM »

You live close enough to work it will be easy enough to go home if you want.  Hopefully you will be fine.

Very true.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: February 03, 2021, 11:59:14 PM »

I never had any side effects from either part one or two.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #142 on: February 04, 2021, 12:06:44 AM »

That's encouraging. :) I've never really had any kind of reaction from medication, that I know of.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #143 on: February 04, 2021, 12:07:02 AM »

My deepest sympathies to DR elmore.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: February 04, 2021, 12:09:13 AM »

That's encouraging. :) I've never really had any kind of reaction from medication, that I know of.

Well, let’s hope your streak continues.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up