Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: IT WAS THIRTY YEARS AGO TODAY  (Read 20453 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:IT WAS THIRTY YEARS AGO TODAY
« Reply #180 on: May 05, 2005, 02:50:02 PM »

Dammit!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #181 on: May 05, 2005, 02:51:29 PM »

That's two for two that I've missed by just a couple of minutes!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #182 on: May 05, 2005, 02:52:07 PM »

Of course, I AM at work and should be working... ::)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #183 on: May 05, 2005, 02:52:41 PM »

It's licentious, lascivious and lurid
And quite possibly of interest to your Id

One of my favorite couplets from our version of Reefer Madness.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: May 05, 2005, 02:52:48 PM »

Susan Buckner it is - the film: Grease.

Send address, MBarnum.

Just a second too late, birthday boy.

Next trivia question: The man who designed the classic poster design for Nudie (not the Paramount poster, but the poster with the chorine with the title treatment covering up her teles) also designed one of the most iconic film posters from the seventies for a classic film.  The man's name was Jim Pearsall.  What was the classic film poster he designed?

George

« Reply #185 on: May 05, 2005, 02:55:17 PM »

Was it Chinatown??

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #186 on: May 05, 2005, 03:00:04 PM »

For TCB & JED....how is Annie Get Your Gun coming along?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #187 on: May 05, 2005, 03:02:39 PM »

Chinatown is correct.  Send address, George.

Next trivia question: One of our cast members had just the year before had a recurring role on a short-lived TV series.  As irony would have it, I'd also guest-starred on the very first or second episode of that series.  Who was the cast member and what was the series?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: May 05, 2005, 03:02:55 PM »

Mr. Spirtas is late.

George

« Reply #189 on: May 05, 2005, 03:09:22 PM »

Chinatown is correct.  Send address, George.

Yea!!  I have to go to an impromptu meeting right now, but I'll send it as soon as it's done. ;D

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #190 on: May 05, 2005, 03:12:28 PM »

Was it Alan Abelew in Lucas Tanner?
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jennifer

« Reply #191 on: May 05, 2005, 03:28:06 PM »

The fact that Corey Clark has said he will not cooperate with Fox to help them investigate his claims makes me have suspicions about ALL of its truth. As I said before, there was obviously something going on there that shouldn't have been, but I also am not about to take everything HE says as gospel. I get a complete feeling of desperation from him in doing this hoping to cash in on whatever infamy he can generate.

As I said, I've always found Corey Clark to be slightly creepy.  And I agree, I think he wants to cash in from this story.  Also, I would not tend to believe anything he would say, since I like Paula (and find him to act and sound less than reliable).

However that said,  I wonder if he doesn't want to help FOX simply because he doesn't want to get Paula fired.  He kept saying last night (when asked why he was doing this) that he simply wanted to tell the truth.   And it did seem like he was in love with her (listen to the lyrics of the "politics" song/not sure how that is spelled, since it's about paula).

He had huge phone records from his parents house to paula (i'd assume ABC would have verified this). Although he made it sound like paula initiated the calls (but then how could they appear on his phone bill).  That and his parents knowing about this (and his mom talking to paula a number of times, make me think some of what he says is probably true.

I wonder what the ratings were for the Primetime special.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #192 on: May 05, 2005, 03:42:52 PM »

Alan Abelew and Lucas Tanner are correct.  Send address Sandra.

Next question coming after Kevin Spirtas leaves.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #193 on: May 05, 2005, 03:44:07 PM »

Yay! I'm glad I quit doing my homework and signed on to HHW.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #194 on: May 05, 2005, 03:57:42 PM »

Good Evening!

Back from running a bunch of errands...  Just finished dinner...  And now about to change into my pit blacks for tonight's show.

-Great posts and questions so far!  PARTAY!  PARTAY!  PARTAY!!!

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #195 on: May 05, 2005, 04:25:40 PM »

Homework?  We don't need no stinking homework.

Next trivia question: In the musical number The Lights and The Smiles, what films are playing at the two movie theaters Susie walks by.

George

« Reply #196 on: May 05, 2005, 04:51:25 PM »

BK, I sent my address in a PM.  Did you get it?  Would you rather have it in an e-mail??

JMK

« Reply #197 on: May 05, 2005, 05:11:33 PM »

The Odessa File & The Reincarnation of Peter Proud

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #198 on: May 05, 2005, 05:13:49 PM »

I used to have animated shorts.  About the time I hit puberty.

Speaking of which, I unintentionally put my boxers on backwards today.  I discovered this in the midst of a harried trip to the bathroom.  There was a panic-laden search for my fly.  Fortunately, I was able to use an alternative egress in time.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: May 05, 2005, 05:14:41 PM »

Got everyone's addresses, thanks.  Well, not Rodzinski's.

It is suddenly pouring rain here.  In one hour's time I shall be on my way to have dinner with Mr. David Wechter, where we will be discussing at length a new idea we're working on.  The last idea we were this excited about turned out to be The Faculty.  Then I shall return to the home environment.

Correct, JMK.  Send your address.

JMK

« Reply #200 on: May 05, 2005, 05:19:32 PM »

Is there any way David can noodge Hip-O-Select to do a BMB set like their recent Bacharach one?

George

« Reply #201 on: May 05, 2005, 05:29:20 PM »

I'm off now to my birthday dinner with my family at Applebee's!  My friend Margo took me to lunch at Plaza Jalisco, where I had the enchilada and taco with rice and beans special.  They DIDN'T take my picture with the sombrero, which they ususally do! :'( But I got the deep-fried ice cream for free! ;D All of it was very good!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: May 05, 2005, 05:45:42 PM »

I shall now be on my way to sup with Mr. David Wechter.  Keep the home fries burning until my returning, you dear, dear people out there in the dark.

fina

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #203 on: May 05, 2005, 05:47:21 PM »

Final Nudie trivia question of the day:

In what year was the idea for The First Nudie Musical hatched?  What film inspired the idea?

Danise

« Reply #204 on: May 05, 2005, 06:06:25 PM »

I’m here!  I’m here!

Happy Anniversary to our own BK!  I know this won’t sound right but I’m glad that things worked out the way they did.  Why?  Because if they did, there may never have been a Haines His Way site and I never would have met some of the best people ever.

I have a crisis!  Neil Diamond is coming to town in…… October!  Tickets go on sale on MONDAY!   I don’t want to buy a ticket if Girls Night Out is still on and since we don’t have a date but I REALLY like Neil Diamond.  

You know, I can’t help it--can’t we ask the guys if they want to go as well?  I know it defeats the purpose of “Girls Night” but I’m awfully fond of those NY Guys (and anyone else who might be in town at the time) and I want them to share the fun.  Just a thought…..

« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 06:07:18 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #205 on: May 05, 2005, 06:08:32 PM »

Maisie

Der Brucer and I had had word on this transport job a few days early.  We were to pick up a pregnant dog and take her north to Smyrna, where we would be met by a member of another rescue group that specializes in puppies and their mothers.  It sounded simple.

Just to be on the safe side, I checked a few on-line sites for details about dogs giving birth, and what to do when it happens.  Among the factoids were that many dogs get nervous when they're about due, particularly if it's their first time.  Their temperature drops, if you happen to have a rectal thermometer.  They start lactating.  And they're likely to pant.

About noon or so, der B gets a call.  The girl we were to pick up was getting very nervous, probably from being in the SPCA kennel with all the other dogs.  Could we pick her up a little early, please?

So of course we drive on over.  "She" was indeed nervous, but a lovely black Lab mix, still fairly young.  I arranged the blankets on the back seat for her to lay down upon, and moved my normal shotgun seat up as far as I could so there would be legroom for me to join the lass in the back.  She was skittish but not hostile, and glad to be out of the pound, accepting my petting her gracefully.

About five minutes into the ride back home, I decided to call her Maisey, mainly because it's May and it seemed like a good name for her.  About ten minutes into the ride back home, Maisey gave a big smile, looking around happily...and started to pant.

Once we got to our home, Maisey quite happily followed us to the basement entrance in back.  At this point we didn't really want to introduce her to the other dogs, so keeping her downstairs was the best location for her until we were scheduled to head north.  Marty, Buster and Fletcher did not agree with our plan, of course; they knew there was someone interesting downstairs, and all three had their noses to the crack under the door, trying to get as much information as they could about her.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #206 on: May 05, 2005, 06:10:36 PM »

You know, I can’t help it--can’t we ask the guys if they want to go as well?  I know it defeats the purpose of “Girls Night” but I’m awfully fond of those NY Guys (and anyone else who might be in town at the time) and I want them to share the fun.  Just a thought…..
I am certain that many of the NY Guys would be proud to be included with the "Girls," and the rest would gladly fake it.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Danise

« Reply #207 on: May 05, 2005, 06:16:32 PM »

Paging Doctor SWW!  Paging Doctor SWW to delivery room one!

I just hate the thought of anyone missing out on the fun.   :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #208 on: May 05, 2005, 06:29:17 PM »

Maisie, continued.

Came the appointed hour for us to leave, der Brucer sent me downstairs to take Maisie back to the car.  She wasn't too sure about leaving, however.  She circled around the downstairs twice, with me following...and then she disappeared!  I mean, it was like she totally vanished, not a trace, not a sound.  I spent at least ten minutes searching through the basement, which is admittedly filled with clutter.  I'm just glad der B decided against bring the big green dragon costume east with us when we moved.  

Finally, I checked under the stairs themselves, behind the water heater.  There she was, hiding, not hostile but wanting to be left alone.  She accepted the leash being put on her again, however, and followed me out to the car.  Der Brucer was waiting there for us, and soon we were on the road again, me in the back seat once more with Maisie.

Again, she settled down fairly quickly.  We hadn't taken her temperature, but she still seemed nervous, and was panting again, but less than before.  She even napped a little.

In less than an hour, we were at the rest stop, the same one where we'd delivered Cici and Coco, the Pointer sisters, a few months earlier.  Our contact, an enthusiastic brunette named Diane, was already there.  She noted now Maisie was quivering, and panting, and reached down to check one of her teats.  "Yep, I'd say she'll be giving birth in a day, two at the most."

Der Brucer leaned down to pet Maisie one more time, and she gave his hand a lick.  She did the same when I leaned down.  "Have a good life, Maisie," I told her.

And we drove south again, while Diane drove Maisie north.  Tomorrow we get up early, to take a boxer lass to the same exchange point.

Danise

« Reply #209 on: May 05, 2005, 06:33:15 PM »

SWW, you and Der B are just to good.   :)  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up