Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 110% AND THE ORIGINALS  (Read 6319 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
110% AND THE ORIGINALS
« on: March 28, 2021, 12:15:07 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were 110% original, and now it is time for you to post until the original cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: 110% AND THE ORIGINALS
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 12:15:49 AM »

And the word of the day is: PALMARY!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 12:16:16 AM »

111%!!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 12:34:04 AM »

~~~Continued Excellent Vibes and Xylophones for BK's Second Vaccination!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 12:34:32 AM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2021, 12:34:49 AM »

Now, to ketchup on all of yesterday's posts. ::)

:)

George

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 12:45:17 AM »

Yesterday, Jane asked, "DR George have you been searching at all for an appointment?"

I haven't because I'm not eligible, yet.  But according to the Washington's COVID-19 Vaccine Phases infographic (this opens a PDF), it looks like I might be eligible starting March 31.  I signed up to get notified, so hopefully, they'll let me know when I can get the shots.

George

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2021, 01:33:32 AM »

I must now be off.  I want to sleep in in the morning, and so I shall. :)

Have a good day, all!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2021, 03:53:24 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2021, 03:55:02 AM »

I think I slept well, but I was up for too many bathroom breaks last night.  Thatch spent the whole night with me, Stella made appearances, and Annabelle never left her bookcase pad.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2021, 03:58:39 AM »

I'm looking forward to tonight's show, but I don't know yet if I will catch it tonight or tomorrow. Everything depends on how the day goes. I have errands to run tomorrow and the 2nd vaccine on Tuesday. I don't know how that will affect me so I plan on doing nothing on Wednesday.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2021, 04:04:19 AM »

I have to pay my first-of-the-month bills today and prepare a package for shipment. Then I'd like to get a bit further into the Oh, Boy! score.  Tomorrow I will make the trek to the post office and then to my pharmacy for my eye drops.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2021, 04:04:54 AM »

BK, I hope your vaccination #2 goes smoothly tomorrow.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2021, 04:47:41 AM »

Good morning, friends.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2021, 04:48:39 AM »

~~~MOST EXCELLENT VIBES AND XYLOPHONES FOR A TROUBLE-FREE SECOND VACCINE DOSE~~~ for bk!
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2021, 04:52:57 AM »

Interesting comments in today's Notes about ballet.

Dance has always seemed to me the most ephemeral of the arts. You CAN notate it, but that process is not nearly as precise as, for example, musical notation. Anyway, it's a thorny thing. And while music can be written for a specific performer and their strengths, with dance it's a whole different thing, as it really is all about the body and how it moves.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2021, 04:53:31 AM »

Looking forward to Kritzerland this evening, in a little Weill.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2021, 05:06:24 AM »

Creepy!

Apparently, the Vent Haven Museum, located in Fort Mitchell, Kentucky, is the only museum in the world devoted solely to ventriloquism.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 05:20:08 AM by singdaw »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2021, 05:27:40 AM »

Last night we began to watch William Powell and Myrna Loy in Love Crazy.  After an hour, much as I love them, I decided this film was too stupid even for me and turned it off.

The night before we watched Another Thin Man, which was a lot more fun.  I always loved Marjorie Main, and she has a fantastic scene as landlady Mrs. Dolly.  There's also a very funny sequence with a lot of the men Nick Charles has sent to prison attending with borrowed babies a birthday party for one-year-old little Nicky Charles.

ChasSmith

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2021, 05:57:40 AM »

Good morning, all.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2021, 05:59:43 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2021, 06:00:16 AM »

Last night we began to watch William Powell and Myrna Loy in Love Crazy.  After an hour, much as I love them, I decided this film was too stupid even for me and turned it off.

The night before we watched Another Thin Man, which was a lot more fun.  I always loved Marjorie Main, and she has a fantastic scene as landlady Mrs. Dolly.  There's also a very funny sequence with a lot of the men Nick Charles has sent to prison attending with borrowed babies a birthday party for one-year-old little Nicky Charles.
That birthday party scene is hilarious.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2021, 06:00:47 AM »

~~~MOST EXCELLENT VIBES AND XYLOPHONES FOR A TROUBLE-FREE SECOND VACCINE DOSE~~~ for bk!

And more vibes!
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2021, 06:02:30 AM »

Very interesting, the ventriloquism museum, because I just watched Magic (1978) a couple of weeks ago and the creepiness factor definitely kicks in.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2021, 06:09:33 AM »

:)

ChasSmith

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2021, 06:09:57 AM »

I’ll be here for the Kritzerland show tonight, and I’m especially looking forward to the Weill.

BK, have you considered having a li’l zoomfest after one of these? It seems like the “Tonight” ones were successful, and it would be great to hang out and show our appreciation for a few of these folks, too.

ChasSmith

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2021, 06:15:50 AM »

Vaccine vibes for BK!

Kristi and Nathan got their first dose of the Pfizer yesterday, and both felt minor cold symptoms last night. But he has allergies that he attributes to it, and she’s always had a mild reaction to flu shots. So go figger. They’re both fine today.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2021, 06:19:45 AM »

BK, thanks for the tip about the original Elite Syncopations being on YouTube.  You;ve seen the Royal Ballet perform Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet and I think you might get a kick out of Frederick Ashton's treatment of Prokofiev's Cinderella. There are only two DVDs of the ballet, one in black and white from the early 1950s with Margot Fonteyn and this one from the 1970s, which features Robert Helpman and Ashton as the two ugly stepsisters, roles they created in the late 1940s. They were both friends and rival choreographers, and they're very funny and campy in their roles.

ChasSmith

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2021, 06:23:55 AM »

That sounds like great fun, DR Elmore.

I’ll have to check these things out and try to play a little ketchup with you more attuned ballet people.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2021, 06:30:11 AM »

Very meta.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up