Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: 141% OR STARTING APRIL ON A HIGH NOTE - A HIGH C  (Read 4279 times)

ChasSmith

Re: 141% OR STARTING APRIL ON A HIGH NOTE - A HIGH C
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2021, 05:26:25 PM »

Triton is a company that sells Broadway posters. I've bought two in the past from them. So I'm on an email list.

Here's the link: https://broadwayposters.com/

Some are reprints. Some are originals, if that matters to you.

Thanks. Not looking for anything, but it'll be fun to browse it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2021, 05:26:27 PM »

We eventually moved to Beverlywood, which was right off Beverly Drive about a half-mile south of Pico.

ChasSmith

« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2021, 05:27:03 PM »

I had to go to BK's old neighborhood today to do an errand. Some parts of Pico Blvd have gotten so seedy! The buildings were old to start with, often poorly maintained, and now Covid is responsible for many vacant stores. How quickly things can go downhill!

DR Jeanne, would this be, say, east of La Cienega? Or maybe near Beverly Dr.?

DR Jane mentioned Motor Ave., but that's out west of there. I picture the more eastern parts getting seedy. (Sad to say.)

Jane lived right near Rancho Park - that area. Just a short walk to Pico near Fox studios. Jeanne in my nabe was Pico near La Cienega.

Right. Got it.

ChasSmith

« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2021, 05:27:52 PM »

We eventually moved to Beverlywood, which was right off Beverly Drive about a half-mile south of Pico.

And I lived on Beverly Dr. just south of Cashio for one year, in a friend's condo.

ChasSmith

« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2021, 05:29:34 PM »

So none of these people (or if it's one guy) needed that Bye Bye Birdie:)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2021, 05:38:04 PM »

I received an email today from AT&T saying that they couldn't process an automatic payment. I received a new debit card recently, so I knew the case. But I honestly thought it was a phishing email. At the top, "customerservice" was misspelled as one work. The CTA to correct the problem told me to "upadate" my information. And the header was the ungrammatical mess: "Hi John.,"

I wanted to cry.

You should see US Bank's website. It's full of stuff like that. Their programmers simply don't check their work. When they ask what I think of the bank, I tell them. No one seems to be listening.

I hear you loud and clear.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2021, 06:13:50 PM »

I had to go to BK's old neighborhood today to do an errand. Some parts of Pico Blvd have gotten so seedy! The buildings were old to start with, often poorly maintained, and now Covid is responsible for many vacant stores. How quickly things can go downhill!

So sad.  Pico is also my old neighborhood.  It was just a short walk up Motor to Pico.

Jane, that part of Pico is still good. It's as you go east that things deteriorate.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2021, 06:16:24 PM »

I received an email today from AT&T saying that they couldn't process an automatic payment. I received a new debit card recently, so I knew the case. But I honestly thought it was a phishing email. At the top, "customerservice" was misspelled as one work. The CTA to correct the problem told me to "upadate" my information. And the header was the ungrammatical mess: "Hi John.,"

I wanted to cry.

You should see US Bank's website. It's full of stuff like that. Their programmers simply don't check their work. When they ask what I think of the bank, I tell them. No one seems to be listening.

As far as I'm concerned, they don't KNOW their work. I don't mean the programming. They don't know any more about good literate instructions and prose than many many people today. And of course there's no one employed to check them.

They have managers. Some managers choose not to get involved, not to oversee anything. "They're professionals." I was not that kind of manager. The work that came out of my group was something we could all be proud of.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 06:20:56 PM by Jeanne »

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2021, 06:18:09 PM »

Good night, friends.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: April 02, 2021, 06:19:59 PM »

DR Jane mentioned Motor Ave., but that's out west of there. I picture the more eastern parts getting seedy. (Sad to say.)

This was Oakhurst and Cashio, just west of Doheny. I see such interesting neighborhoods when I make a wrong turn or overshoot and miss my street.  ;D  The residential parts were mostly quite nice; it was Pico Blvd that wasn't.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2021, 06:28:28 PM »

And I lived on Beverly Dr. just south of Cashio for one year, in a friend's condo.

Not far at all, just a few blocks.

I think of all of that as Bruce's nabe. Real estate agents would probably break it down into several different neighborhoods.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2021, 06:29:31 PM »

Jane lived right near Rancho Park - that area. Just a short walk to Pico near Fox studios. Jeanne in my nabe was Pico near La Cienega.

I used to walk to Beverly Hills or to Westwood Blvd.  Rarely did I walk as far as Robertson.  All the way to La Cienega was a car ride.  I really didn't know of many shops past Robertson.

Jane

« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2021, 06:30:55 PM »

And Beverlywood was where we moved from.  It was a small house and I shared a bedroom with my brother & sister.  That could not have been fun for my brother having a baby in his room ;D

Jane

« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2021, 06:32:14 PM »

Really close to us.  In high school we had a very good friend on Cashio.  We lost touch before we got married.  It has been fun reconnecting with her on FB.

Jane

« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2021, 06:32:56 PM »

So sad.  Pico is also my old neighborhood.  It was just a short walk up Motor to Pico.

Jane, that part of Pico is still good. It's as you go east that things deteriorate.

That is good to hear. 

Jane

« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2021, 06:34:03 PM »

This was Oakhurst and Cashio, just west of Doheny. I see such interesting neighborhoods when I make a wrong turn or overshoot and miss my street.  ;D  The residential parts were mostly quite nice; it was Pico Blvd that wasn't.

A shame as that area used to be ok.  Keith's mother lived at Doheny and Pico.

Jane

« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2021, 06:38:56 PM »

Interesting timing as something just popped up on Facebook from my old Temple Isaiah on Pico.  I was lucky to have a nice reform temple only a mile from home.  The last time I was there I went with my father.  That was a long time ago. 

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2021, 07:52:59 PM »

Good night, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2021, 09:52:46 PM »

ChasSmith, the Bye Bye Birdie is a great bargain - maybe they haven't done the research on it.

Jane

« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2021, 10:25:24 PM »

It is that quiet time of the evening.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2021, 11:27:05 PM »

The White Christmas is also the Decca “original cast” of the soundtrack. Peggy Lee (unrecognizable) subs for Clooney while Trudy Stevens subs for Gloria Wood, who dubbed Vera-Ellen.

Was Vera-Ellen dubbed in all of her films?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2021, 11:30:47 PM »

I'm all caught up on the posts...just had to share. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2021, 11:30:54 PM »

My mother had a packet of either 45-rpms or small 78-rpms of of HCA.  If I remember correctly, Jane Wyman sang the songs with Danny Kaye.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2021, 11:31:02 PM »

Hi, Jane and Tom.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #144 on: April 02, 2021, 11:31:49 PM »

Tonight at my mom's, we play three games of Phase 10, and I WON THE FIRST TWO GAMES! :D

George

« Reply #145 on: April 02, 2021, 11:32:17 PM »

Something like that hasn't happened to me in quite a long time.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: April 02, 2021, 11:32:43 PM »

My mother had a packet of either 45-rpms or small 78-rpms of of HCA.  If I remember correctly, Jane Wyman sang the songs with Danny Kaye.

That may be why she was so loved in JOHNNY BELINDA.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #147 on: April 02, 2021, 11:52:22 PM »

Well, we can't just stop here!

George

« Reply #148 on: April 02, 2021, 11:52:38 PM »

It's too close (again) to the next page.

George

« Reply #149 on: April 02, 2021, 11:52:55 PM »

And now that we're so close here's the...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up