Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 162% AND WISHIN' AND HOPIN' FOR A GREAT LAST DAY  (Read 2858 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
162% AND WISHIN' AND HOPIN' FOR A GREAT LAST DAY
« on: April 08, 2021, 12:12:20 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were 162% and wishin' and hopin' for a great last day for the Indiegogo campaign, and now it is time for you to post until the wishin' and hopin' cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: 162% AND WISHIN' AND HOPIN' FOR A GREAT LAST DAY
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 12:13:25 AM »

And the word of the day is: GUMPTION!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 12:18:04 AM »

George, I don’t know the reason either, but when the government is giving me cash, no strings attached, do I really have a reason to argue?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 12:20:38 AM »

George, I don’t know the reason either, but when the government is giving me cash, no strings attached, do I really have a reason to argue?

Good point. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 12:29:18 AM »

I'm off.

Have a good day, all! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 03:50:43 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 03:58:10 AM »

I'm very sleepy this morning because three cats went berserk between the hours of 3 and 5 this morning. Stella was needy and kept wanting petting and affection. She wouldn't settle; instead she kept sliding her head under my hand until I stroked her for a bit. Then she would leave and come back minutes later for a repeat. Annabelle came down from her aerie and crawled in with me for a bit, then Thatch woke up and found her and the two of them bounded off my bed.  She returned shortly thereafter to sleep next to me on my pillow, and a hungry Thatch decided to noisily sharpen his claws - this is their daily We're gonna eat now! procedure to tell me they're hungry - and not long after that the alarm rang.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 04:02:42 AM »

I had one strange dream. Because no pianists were available for some event at City Center(!!!), I was being pressured to accompany Laura Benanti in Rodgers & Hart's "Too Good for the Average Man," and the rehearsal was outside on the corner of 82nd Street and Broadway, just a short walk down the block from City Center.

For those non-New Yorkers, City Center is on West 55th Street. My apartment is on 82nd.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2021, 04:04:34 AM »

Today I must clean off my work table, which is a complete mess from my search for my current passport. As soon as my unemployment kicks in, I will apply for a replacement and declare the missing one lost.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2021, 04:07:37 AM »

DR singdaw, I don't worry that my radiology appointment is 19 days away since they've given me an estimated life span without treatment of ten years!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2021, 04:09:30 AM »

;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2021, 04:14:08 AM »

Atlantic Crossing sounds wonderful! I wonder when PBS is showing the first two episodes again, since it sounds like Episode 3 will begin this week.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 04:18:02 AM by elmore3003 »

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2021, 05:39:12 AM »

Good morning, friends.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2021, 05:40:07 AM »

;)   

Love it, DR elmore3003.  Some of the inane couples that you see on HGTV should take note!
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2021, 05:44:51 AM »

The local post office has canceled its phone number so I cannot reach them by phone, I cannot report my issue on the US Postal email system, and the damned 800 number is nothing but automated voices,  My issue: a priority mail package for 202 West 81st Street (I live at 202 West 82) has been sitting in our lobby for a week and the asshole post delivery people continue to ignore it.  There is a sorter or a carrier at our PO who ius seriously dyslexic or incompetent.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 05:48:38 AM by elmore3003 »

ChasSmith

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2021, 06:20:41 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2021, 06:23:02 AM »

The local post office has canceled its phone number so I cannot reach them by phone, I cannot report my issue on the US Postal email system, and the damned 800 number is nothing but automated voices,  My issue: a priority mail package for 202 West 81st Street (I live at 202 West 82) has been sitting in our lobby for a week and the asshole post delivery people continue to ignore it.  There is a sorter or a carrier at our PO who ius seriously dyslexic or incompetent.

I'd tape a large bold-lettered sign on it for the next carrier to see and pick up. Or would that be subject to fail as well?

We frequently get mail for our address on an adjacent street, and vice versa. Out here, though, with no locked building security issues, we just drive it around the corner and put it in the other person's mailbox.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2021, 06:28:28 AM »

I'd tape a large bold-lettered sign on it for the next carrier to see and pick up. Or would that be subject to fail as well?

We frequently get mail for our address on an adjacent street, and vice versa. Out here, though, with no locked building security issues, we just drive it around the corner and put it in the other person's mailbox.

This happens about once a week.  Last June while I was in hospital, an Amazon vendor claimed a package was delivered amd I insisted it was not. We fought for two months over a refund. In late August ore early September, someone rang my bell. It was a neighbor in 200 West 82, next door, with my package. It had sat in their lobby from June 2!

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2021, 06:28:46 AM »

I was and am supportive of the postal rank and file during DeJoy's reign of terror, but I am having my own issues with my local post office at the moment, and am not pleased.

ChasSmith

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2021, 06:34:42 AM »

In the suburbs and other such places, you often get to know your regular carrier. That helps immensely in having good deliveries, provided of course that the person is well meaning and competent at the job.

So, up till the past year, we've usually known who the person is because they'd drive packages up to the house that can't be put into the mailbox, and they'd make sure mail was handled properly otherwise. And we happily tipped them at the end of the year, which they always much appreciated.

But before Covid, even, whoever the guy or gal is now just doesn't get up the driveway very often and we haven't the slightest idea who it is. And it seems to make a difference in the quality of the service. Or in our perception of it. I definitely miss the Before Times.

ChasSmith

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2021, 06:36:05 AM »

I'm trying to do this in my head, and if it were on a dementia test I'd probably fail it:

The IndieGoGoGoGoGo page, refreshed, says 42 hours remaining. That puts the end time at 3:30 a.m. Friday night/Saturday morning, eastern, or half past midnight on the left coast. Does that sound right?

EDIT:  I just reread the notes and BK's estimate is twelve hours or more earlier. Why can't these sites just put up a damned hard-coded precise end date and time, so everyone knows exactly what's what?

« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 07:02:21 AM by ChasSmith »

ChasSmith

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2021, 06:43:05 AM »

I had one strange dream. Because no pianists were available for some event at City Center(!!!), I was being pressured to accompany Laura Benanti in Rodgers & Hart's "Too Good for the Average Man," and the rehearsal was outside on the corner of 82nd Street and Broadway, just a short walk down the block from City Center.

For those non-New Yorkers, City Center is on West 55th Street. My apartment is on 82nd.

That was no dream! I saw the announcement and the performance is this evening, DR Elmore. You missed the damned rehearsal -- what were you doing, napping? -- and now you're going to have to wing it!

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2021, 06:47:20 AM »

A wing and a prayer.

ChasSmith

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2021, 06:47:53 AM »

Think, men.  Think.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2021, 06:50:20 AM »

Thursday.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2021, 06:52:39 AM »

Last night on Jeopardy one of the clues was:

"In the early 1970's, he had four shows running on Broadway at the same time including 'Barefoot In The Park.'"

One of the genius contestants rang in and said:  "Who is Stephen Sondheim?"

So of course I spent the rest of the program imagining the songs that Mr. Sondheim might write for Barefoot in the Park.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

ChasSmith

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2021, 08:18:41 AM »

163%

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2021, 09:28:51 AM »

Good Morning.  Dentist this afternoon.  Some mixing and cleaning today.  I need to get one or two more "sweets" for my tea with Mom tomorrow and I may pick up dinner when I'm out.  These are the days of our lives.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2021, 10:21:04 AM »

What is mixing?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2021, 10:37:03 AM »

I had a grocery delivery and I have to finish putting things away. I'd really love a nap.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up