Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: REVENGE REDUX  (Read 3005 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: REVENGE REDUX
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2021, 08:59:08 PM »

PAGE FIVE DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2021, 10:25:08 PM »

Three hours writing liner notes just about did me in - they were hard because I couldn't figure out a way into them and then when I WAS into them I had so little information on the music it was nuts. I Googled it differently and finally found some stuff that I could use, but it was really a slog - I think they came out well.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2021, 10:25:25 PM »

elmore, the Lake is with Joan Sutherland.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2021, 10:26:36 PM »

After I finished them, I went to Gelson's and got some almonds and a small rack of ribs - only four - for my protein. I came home and ate them and they just weren't so hot and certainly not meaty.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2021, 10:27:16 PM »

After that, I watched a movie I hadn't seen in fourteen years, and now I'm listening to the Zemlinsky opera.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2021, 11:22:34 PM »

The past hour has been hell, but I survived, and the cats are fed, which is the most important thing. I'm wondering if these gastrointestinal issues are a symptom of something going wrong with my biopsy rather than with Vaccine #2. Yes, it's been a really bnad hour.

Possibly your own cooking.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2021, 11:29:44 PM »

DR George, I love Our Town, and even a poor high school production can break my heart. There have been a couple of TV broadcasts, and I saw the one from 1977 with Hal Holbrook as the Stage Manager, Robby Benson, Ned Beatty, and others. I haven't seen it since then, but I found it on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEoXuXRoOdY

Thanks for the link, Larry.

I wish I still had the VHS of the OUR TOWN I did.  A friend of a friend in the cast got this religious TV station to bring in their entire three camera system and a mixer.  They added lovely credits to the show, too.  The only problem was that the only time they could come and record  the show was our dress rehearsal.

So, we had a lovely film, except zero audience reaction.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 11:38:16 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2021, 11:32:15 PM »

I have a set of the Ring on disc and haven’t made the time to watch it. Soon. Maybe.

I recorded a production on PBS and watched it while I was recording it.  It was quite good and thoroughly enjoyable.

You watched all four parts of The Ring Cycle and you still thought it was enjoyable?
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2021, 11:33:36 PM »

DR George, I love Our Town, and even a poor high school production can break my heart. There have been a couple of TV broadcasts, and I saw the one from 1977 with Hal Holbrook as the Stage Manager, Robby Benson, Ned Beatty, and others. I haven't seen it since then, but I found it on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEoXuXRoOdY

Thanks for the link, Larry.

I wish I still had the VHS of the OUR TOWN I did.  A friend of a friend in the cast got this religious TV station to bring in their entire three camera system and a mixer.  They added lovely credits to the show, too.  The only problem was that the only time they could come Andre ord the show was our dress rehearsal.

So, we had a lovely film, except zero audience reaction.

That's too bad, Tom.  There used to be a theater group here in Olympia called The Abbey Players.  They folded almost 20 years ago. :-\ Anyway, they used to have all of their productions videotaped and we actors could get copies.  I have a lot (but probably not all) of videos of the shows that I was in with them.  Fortunately, the company was a professional company and would schedule the time during our runs, so we always had an audience.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2021, 11:34:10 PM »

I have a set of the Ring on disc and haven’t made the time to watch it. Soon. Maybe.

I recorded a production on PBS and watched it while I was recording it.  It was quite good and thoroughly enjoyable.

You watched all four parts of The Ring Cycle and you still thought it was enjoyable?

Yup...I haven't watched any other production since, so who knows if I'd still like it. ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2021, 11:36:12 PM »

elmore, the Lake is with Joan Sutherland.

I thought the Lake was with Veronica.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2021, 11:37:52 PM »

So, earlier this evening, I decided to make the strawberry gelatin package that my sister gave me.  You'e heard of jelly donuts?  Well, let me present "jello" donuts:

George

« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2021, 11:38:56 PM »

I had that silicone donut pan and it worked really well! :D

George

« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2021, 11:41:22 PM »

This is what my sister gave me.  Jane might like it...it's actually vegan!  And it tastes pretty good.  Not a very strong flavor, but it's pretty good.

George

« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2021, 11:41:50 PM »

Just thought I'd share. :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2021, 11:42:39 PM »

In honor of the Easter season, I watched THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD.  I thought I had seen it before but I must have confused it with KING OF KINGS.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2021, 11:46:01 PM »

I enjoyed the film, but there are some really unusual scenes in the movie. There is one scene between Simon Peter and Jesus that looks like it was lifted from a Abbott and Costello routine.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2021, 11:46:54 PM »

I enjoyed the film, but there are some really unusual scenes in the movie. There is one scene between Simon Peter and Jesus that looks like it was lifted from a Abbott and Costello routine.

Interesting.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2021, 11:51:33 PM »

And the famous scene of John Wayne as The Centurian was disappointin.  Even on my big screen TV, The Centurian is way back in the frame, so you can’t even tell if it is Wayne. And the voice, that was dubbed in, sounded like a Rich Little impression rather than Wayne himself.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2021, 11:54:14 PM »

And I never did find Angela Lansbury in the film.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up